St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

You can understand why though ? Jack must be weighing up his options given there is no conformation that means it's 50%  ether way. We all want Jack to stay but there is a real reality he will go.  

As it stands, he is St Mirren manager, still contracted & as yet that’s not changed.

So no, can’t quite get why people have him ‘already’ gone.”

6 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

As it stands, he is St Mirren manager, still contracted & as yet that’s not changed.

So no, can’t quite get why people have him ‘already’ gone.”

Some people probably want him to go , crazy as that sounds.

Just now, Hambud said:
7 minutes ago, scottd said:
Should get it sorted before we play ‘David Hopkirk’s Livingston’,  typical lazy reporting from the Rectum.

A young good Buddie is the reporter it's lazy editing/proof reading not reporting.

Apologies to the young Buddie but still a bad error.

14 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Wasnt it only before Christmas that the club claimed to be 'blind-sided' with Ross's unbudget request for Match Balls, but have now Checked the money tree again so they can bump up the managers wages..?

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Wasnt it only before Christmas that the club claimed to be 'blind-sided' with Ross's unbudget request for Match Balls, but have now Checked the money tree again so they can bump up the managers wages..?

The money tree is fluid thing and not set in stone.  When the club is doing well and more money is coming in the more can be put towards budgets, ditto when income is down then economies have to made (2001/02 season we had to punt Ludo Roy out on loan to save money as an example).

19 minutes ago, Edinbuddie said:

Barnsley are offering a massive wage rise and an unexpectedly big step up the career ladder. The fact that he is having to think about it is a good thing for us.

If he stays, he’s got an improved contract, no need to uproot his family or live away from home, a club where he’s got great relationships with everyone, a league title to go for and will still be viewed as the next big thing in management.

Some folk strive for more and more in terms of money and career, but happiness is a much underestimated commodity in life.

As far as I knew he hadn't been formally offered the job so, at this juncture, he has nothing to think about.

56 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

42 pages & almost everyone has Jack gone, with the exception of about 3 people ( of which I’m one )

I’m looking forward to Saturday with Jack in charge.

;)

One of many interviewed today and yesterday, l don't think its that clear cut as the Scottish reporters are saying. Wouldnt surprise me if he's still your manager on Saturday.  

I still think Jack will stay. He has a lot to gain from staying with us, hero status and no doubt a 3/4 year contract on the table. He could go to Barnsley and get the sack if they go down.. he then has a tarnished reputation to rebuild. Then there’s the uprooting his family, they might not want to go to Barnsley.

I like the vast majority of people are desperate for Jack to stay.  If he stays...........brilliant, if he goes so be it.  I will wish him all the best but it is the players on the park who have got us where we are, granted under his guidance.  If he goes we will still be StMirren.  So lets look forward to Saturday, lets get right behind the boys and lets put this League to bed.

COYS! COYS!

I think he'll stay as well btw

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:
3 hours ago, DougJamie said:
What Ross has won is respect of achievement, what he has already done is shown that he managed a  team miles adrift and got them safe, then pushed on to trash the rest. Its not about trophies for Barnsley ........................ England is , in short, far larger in every way to the Scottish Game, Salaries, players, crowds, 

However in this case you're spot on.................. They are very very small fish
 Turnover dropped from £9.4 million to £4.8 million. 2016

Net liabilities of £5.1 million.

The club really is worth nothing.

Sold players for £475,000. Who does that relate to?
  blivy, Mar 3, 2016  

Could the increased turnover at Barnsley be their share of the John stones transfer from Everton to man city?

All explained at the bottom of page 32

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

42 pages & almost everyone has Jack gone, with the exception of about 3 people ( of which I’m one )

I’m looking forward to Saturday with Jack in charge.

;)

I don't think he'll be gone either

The guys from Barnsley on here make a good case, but it's still a choice between (hopefully!) celebrating glorious promotion with a stunning league win compared to very likely miserable relegation with Barnsley.  I think the former will look better on his CV, and having worked hard all season I would think he'd want to see it through.

I'm sure he'll get plenty more opportunities in the coming months (and quite possibly Barnsley again after they sack whoever leads them to relegation...)

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

At least Dibble provided some evidence unlike you.

Although he isn't really making a relevant point but he did try.

You keep asking people to post proof that Jack has spoken with Barnsley. Maybe our board met today since they always meet on the 3rd Thursday morning of the month and decided to begin contract discussions with Jack since they still have not been contacted by Barnsley and since Jack has still not met with them?

If the worst comes to the worst and Jack moves on, I hope we move quickly for Robbie Neilson.

Young, still has a decent rep, is local and will almost certainly be sounded out for a job like Killie in the summer if Stevie Clarke moves on to the Scotland role.

A guy like Neilson would be a real sign of intent from us.