St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

If the worst comes to the worst and Jack moves on, I hope we move quickly for Robbie Neilson.

Young, still has a decent rep, is local and will almost certainly be sounded out for a job like Killie in the summer if Stevie Clarke moves on to the Scotland role.

A guy like Neilson would be a real sign of intent from us.

You really are having a laugh!!! IF (and it's still a BIG IF) Jack goes then the manager till the end of the season will come from within. There is great harmony at the club from top to bottom so the last thing needed would be a new face. If Fowler does not go it will be him and if Fowler does go it will be McManus. 

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

If the worst comes to the worst and Jack moves on, I hope we move quickly for Robbie Neilson.

Young, still has a decent rep, is local and will almost certainly be sounded out for a job like Killie in the summer if Stevie Clarke moves on to the Scotland role.

McLeish, seemingly, about to be named as Scotland manager, doubt it'll be up for grabs in the summer? 

4 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

You really are having a laugh!!! IF (and it's still a BIG IF) Jack goes then the manager till the end of the season will come from within. There is great harmony at the club from top to bottom so the last thing needed would be a new face. If Fowler does not go it will be him and if Fowler does go it will be McManus. 

I know it's a big if.....I'm thinking worst case scenario. Our board will no doubt also be doing the same just now and rightly so.

James Fowler is on record, I'm sure saying that he is more than happy being an assistant at this point in his career. Why is it laughable to suggest that a new face comes in?

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I agree. Neilson would be excellent.  However, having tasted the big cash, a lot of these guys don't like being seen to drop back into  the sub £100k PA salary bracket even when unemployed. 

You keep asking people to post proof that Jack has spoken with Barnsley. Maybe our board met today since they always meet on the 3rd Thursday morning of the month and decided to begin contract discussions with Jack since they still have not been contacted by Barnsley and since Jack has still not met with them?
Dibbles, Soctyy reposted a tweet from a young Journalist in Dundee.

I just stated that everyone suddenly believed 1 tweet from Dundee's Paisley express equivalent I didn't say his information wasn't correct just that 1 tweet and suddenly it was all everyone believed.

I was told there was other sources now I FELT IT REASONABLE TO ASK for the other sources, until you posted that link 6 hours had passed with no other sources being offered in response.

My point about you being irrelevant was you telling me to close my eyes???

I asked for some other "sources"you provided that so why would I close my eyes and not read it I'm happy there is slight more information out there so we all know a bit more about what's happening just don't like little boys trying to be all smart arse* with I know stuff you don't know but can't even prove anything they say.

Still don't understand why little Soctty couldn't have showed us his "source".

Oh yeah that's right because he was lying.

True. For me though, he's got a touch of the Alex Neil about him and save for one shite season with Norwich, he's landed on his feet.
Also remember the Norwich fans being extremely underwhelmed when Alex went down there.
It's not a good time to lose Jack if he goes but I'd actually much prefer to lose him to an English club now than another Scottish club in the summer (specifically either of the ugly sisters) and then be seeing him in the opposition dugout.
Exactly this.

Id hope that we could also benefit with some top loan deals too. (IF he goes)

5 minutes ago, magnus said:

I agree. Neilson would be excellent.  However, having tasted the big cash, a lot of these guys don't like being seen to drop back into  the sub £100k PA salary bracket even when unemployed. 

That's true but then football is so fast moving nowadays and if you rest on your laurels waiting for another big offer on the back of a sacking, you're likely to get nowhere. Look at Steve Lomas. Excellent manager  with a great reputation who has now been out of the game for over 4 years.

39 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I still think Jack will stay. He has a lot to gain from staying with us, hero status and no doubt a 3/4 year contract on the table. He could go to Barnsley and get the sack if they go down.. he then has a tarnished reputation to rebuild. Then there’s the uprooting his family, they might not want to go to Barnsley.

Whoever takes over will not be sacked if we go down, it’s not our style, in recent years Wilson and Parkin both kept their jobs after failing to get us out of it. We’ve 3 of the relegation battling teams in our next 3 games so we’ll see where we are then. Personally there’s 3 shitter teams than us in that division. 

1 minute ago, BFC 1977 said:

Whoever takes over will not be sacked if we go down, it’s not our style, in recent years Wilson and Parkin both kept their jobs after failing to get us out of it. We’ve 3 of the relegation battling teams in our next 3 games so we’ll see where we are then. Personally there’s 3 shitter teams than us in that division. 

Fair comment, you know your team and English football more than i do.  I just hope that my gut feeling about Jack is true, he's loyal and wants to see this through, i think he'll want to finish the job.

59 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Tiresome.

Not really, just after the Morgan deal had gone through the SMISA committee were being told things were tight and that without the Morgan money the finances weren't looking good. Having had those discussions, along with others, I'm nothing short of stunned that there is money there for an enhanced deal. Unless, that is, a certain 50K will be getting utilised. Maybe we can expect a justgiving page or a football card draw...a fund the budget fundraising campaign.

Not really, just after the Morgan deal had gone through the SMISA committee were being told things were tight and that without the Morgan money the finances weren't looking good. Having had those discussions, along with others, I'm nothing short of stunned that there is money there for an enhanced deal. Unless, that is, a certain 50K will be getting utilised. Maybe we can expect a justgiving page or a football card draw...a fund the budget fundraising campaign.

But we got the Morgan money... maybe that’s what is being used?

I think it’s fair to say that Ross is not our top target. This guy RedArmyChris is on the ball with the transfers and goings on at the club, he gets inside information and he’s spot on 99% of the time. Check his posts here and you’ll see what l mean.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/search/1637579/

more importantly for you lot.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/its-ross-or-toshack-according-to-the-bbc.264861/

4 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
10 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Or maybe they would be utilising some of the money we are all but guaranteed for winning the league? Just a thought. I know, it's not often I have them.

Maybe, so nowt left to re-sign/sign players for the Prem then if its already spent.

17 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
22 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Or maybe they would be utilising some of the money we are all but guaranteed for winning the league? Just a thought. I know, it's not often I have them.

Don't be daft.

That wouldn't suit the petted lip brigade's agenda.

9 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

But we got the Morgan money... maybe that’s what is being used?

We were told things were tight even after receiving the money. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. Perhaps there's been some float in there, it's never been mentioned before. Then again if you know there's float you're less likely to run spend options on gym equipment or balls. That's conjecture, the fans are SMISA were still being old things were tight.