St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

1 minute ago, Julian Banjos said:

Fantastic. 

Have to say, I think this has been beautifully played by SMFC and JR.

Glad it's sorted for the moment anyway and very happy that he is still with us.  I do agree that it might seem as per the quotation above that he has 'played' the game; but if so, so what, if he was less worldly wise he wouldn't have gotten us to where we are and instead this Saturdays match would be at Cliftonhill playing Albion Rovers.  I have no problem with any man making the best of work or potential work opportunities and I would prefer to think of him as a man of principle who intends to do exactly what he has said for months . ie; to get this team back to the premier division.  Oh and by the way he might do a better job in Politics tha the majority of the 'bawbags' there at the moment

17 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Moi..? Nope but then its not me taking interviews and talking to other clubs. 

Just imagine, now and the Dundee job if he just said 'No' at the outset... he would have aload less money, and we would all be just talking about our games.

Don’t see what Ross has done wrong if I’m being honest.  I’m enjoying the unusual situation of other clubs actually being interested in our manager rather than us wanting him binned.

3 minutes ago, scottd said:

Don’t see what Ross has done wrong if I’m being honest.  I’m enjoying the unusual situation of other clubs actually being interested in our manager rather than us wanting him binned.

Well thats it over till the next time, lets see how we fair against the (according to some) fantastic managerial qualties of Hopkins. Three more points closer please!

47 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Did Scott McDonald burst into tears? :P

No but then there was a DUFC fan twitter page saying that even if we lost Ross and our season collapsed the most depressing thing about being an Arab at the moment is he still couldn't imagine them taking advantage of any collapse at St Mirren!

Are you still angry because you got found out to be a liar???

Move on.

Maybe once you decide what football team you actually support you can feel better.
I'm seething over here. When I can rouse myself from my slumber after reading your feeble patter.

Do one Ron Ron...

[emoji112]

48 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Fantastic. 

It looks like Jack's bailed out before Barnsley have had the chance to offer anyone the job. That would suggest to me he was not really that interested in the post in the first place. Wrong club, wrong time I would think.

Result is Jack gets his name out there and gains some interview experience. It's also spun that he chooses to remain with us rather than remaining with us because Barnsley picked someone else. There's the implication that he's rejected Barnsley. That enhances his relationship with St Mirren fans and his reputation in footballing circles. For the club, as a whole, it's a great boost going into an important game.

To be honest I am sure St Mirren board, players, management and fans could have done without the distraction.

Lets hope normal service resumes on Saturday. :clapping

1 hour ago, Julian Banjos said:

Fantastic. 

It looks like Jack's bailed out before Barnsley have had the chance to offer anyone the job. That would suggest to me he was not really that interested in the post in the first place. Wrong club, wrong time I would think.

Result is Jack gets his name out there and gains some interview experience. It's also spun that he chooses to remain with us rather than remaining with us because Barnsley picked someone else. There's the implication that he's rejected Barnsley. That enhances his relationship with St Mirren fans and his reputation in footballing circles. For the club, as a whole, it's a great boost going into an important game.

Also the relationship and trust built between JR and the board is enhanced even more by the fact that they didn’t deny JR the  chance to talk to Barnsley. 

Maybe rejecting the approach could have had a real negative impact in that relationship and JR could have been tempted to stick 2 fingers up and tried to manufacture an exit. 

7 minutes ago, davidg said:

Also the relationship and trust built between JR and the board is enhanced even more by the fact that they didn’t deny JR the  chance to talk to Barnsley. 

Maybe rejecting the approach could have had a real negative impact in that relationship and JR could have been tempted to stick 2 fingers up and tried to manufacture an exit. 

I'd have thought 38 pages of guesswork and speculation would have been enough for one week! :P

10 minutes ago, davidg said:

Good point, that.