billyg

St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I would baulk at both of those, but that what opinions are about.

Why not Hopkin? Genuine question. He has links to the unwashed, but that's about it for negatives as far as I can see. What he's doing with Livi this season arguably outweighs what Ross is doing with Saints.

Sports journalism is full of fake news. Unless I saw quotes from either club, and from what I see there are none, then I would take it with a huge pinch of salt. Calm down everyone, WHEN, and not if, Jack gets his move to a bigger club we will all need to get on with it. Until it happens lets continue to enjoy this great time to be a buddie. Roll on Saturday and COYS!!

6 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

When you take resources into account, it's definitely close. They're a tiny f**king two-bit club currently sitting above the Arabs. That's a decent job.

I thought they had splashed a few bob this season?

20 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Why not Hopkin? Genuine question. He has links to the unwashed, but that's about it for negatives as far as I can see. What he's doing with Livi this season arguably outweighs what Ross is doing with Saints.

Maybe the brand of football on offer? Long ball tactics to a team of hammer throwers might be effective in this league but I would hate to watch that every week and it would not do at a higher level.

29 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Think Johnston's achievements outshine Hopkin, and seems to favour a playing style more like us. Dont buy he's outperforming Ross though.

I'd be more than surprised, remember, within a year or two was quoted?
You really think Celtic would hand over the power to a manager with no experience at any level, apart from possibly a year or so in the top league?
IMO, no chance. 

Neil Lennon ?

11 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Neil Lennon ?

In managerial terms, indeed, but Lennon had a far more illustrious career as a football player, including several successful years with Celtic.

I'd stick a massive wedge that Ross has no chance being a Celtic manager in the next year or two.  Want to give me odds? 

In managerial terms, indeed, but Lennon had a far more illustrious career as a football player, including several successful years with Celtic.
I'd stick a massive wedge that Ross has no chance being a Celtic manager in the next year or two.  Want to give me odds? 

I won’t give odds because I dont really bet and I wasnt saying he would get the job I was simply pointing out that Celtic have appointed rookie managers ( which JRisnt )fwiw,I don’t think he would even want it . I can see JR being in high demand and quoted for many roles in the future . He is a switched on cookie who will move when it suits him to the role that suits him .

The only comment this story is worth is to say that it's not worth commenting on, so I won't comment on it as it's silly to make that comment.

I reserve the right to make a comment if either club officially comments on the story.

JR's going no-where, he's not daft (don't prove me wrong JR!). The vitriol on Sat will be good with the sound of "you can shove your Barnsley job up your jacksi (or words or a similar nature)" being sung.

Just now, faraway saint said:

Not forgetting the more recent Aberdeen knicker wetting thread. :lol:

Forgot about that as well  :lol:   Has there ever been a manager that has went from our championship to the English championship ?  I would be surprise if the owners of Barnsley has ever heard of Jack Ross :rolleyes: