St Mirren v Brechin Sat 24th Feb

faraway saint

Every game is important but, surely, this game has come along at the right time?

Plenty knickers still dripping after the managers trip during the week and I hope the manager and players are made of sterner stuff than some of the support.

No excuses against Brechin, a win, 3 points and the back onto league winning form. 

Off your mark quickly with this thread faraway.

Two home games to come next.

Brechin and then Falkirk.

Neither will be easy.

Brechin are no mugs - Those of us who went to the last game in Brechin will know.

A win is important against both at home.

Livvy play United next Friday .

Every game is important but, surely, this game has come along at the right time?
Plenty knickers still dripping after the managers trip during the week and I hope the manager and players are made of sterner stuff than some of the support.
No excuses against Brechin, a win, 3 points and the back onto league winning form. 
Agree with everything you say.

As much as I thought we would win today it is what it is not too worried about it.

We will still win the league before the end of March.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Neither will be easy.

Brechin are no mugs - Those of us who went to the last game in Brechin will know.

4 points and no wins from 24 games suggests that mugs are exactly what they are.

No complacency and no respect shown. Time to go out there and hound this shite, minimal of fuss and move on.

Lets not revert to old St. Mirren and make hard work of this.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Neither will be easy.

You say almost the same thing every week Rick, along with if people say they are easy it's disrespectful? 

As has been pointed out they are as easy as it gets, not won a fecking game ALL season.

If we can't beat Brechin at home, especially after todays poor result, then we are in trouble.

Chances are we will beat them, even a draw would be unlikely, then we're back on course to win this, TBH, shit league. 

Indeed.

What could possibly go wrong here

We play against a team with NO wins in the season ( worst team in memory in the Championship )

Meanwhile our two nearest rivals play each other.

If ever there was an opportunity to right the wrongs from yesterday’s cluster f**k, it’s this next game.

What could possibly go wrong here.
????

We struggled are were lucky to come away with a win up at Brechin before Christmas, thanks to lets say a generous penalty decision. brechin play very much like Livvy, route one, niggling, frustrating, time wasting etc... lets hope Ross and the team realise this and adapt our set up accordingly. Like Livvy, Brechin play to have the ball out of play for as long as they can, then shell it forward on a counter. 

On 2/17/2018 at 9:24 PM, faraway saint said:

You say almost the same thing every week Rick, along with if people say they are easy it's disrespectful? 

As has been pointed out they are as easy as it gets, not won a fecking game ALL season.

If we can't beat Brechin at home, especially after todays poor result, then we are in trouble.

Chances are we will beat them, even a draw would be unlikely, then we're back on course to win this, TBH, shit league. 

I think it is disrespectful to the opposition to suggest that any game still to be played will be easy. 

I was at Brechin. We didn't play well and perhaps got more out of the game than we deserved. Hence my caution. 

I was at Dunfermline earlier in the season and that gave me cause to be cautious before our game there recently which I also attended. As it turned out we won. Glad of that.

I watched Livvy play Dunfermline last week when we had no game.  The way they play, the commitment they show and their physicality as well as the state of their pitch led me to believe that a point there would be a point gained and not two lost. I would love to have been wrong.

I can only call it as I see it.

I would like to think that I am optimistic by nature but also a pragmatist. 

In my opinion games will become tougher as we move towards the end of the season and remain that way until the championship is won and both play off and relegation play off place are decided.

Great ...lots of meaningful games.

Bring them on.

Edited by St.Ricky

10 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I think it is disrespectful to the opposition to suggest that any game still to be played will be easy. 

I was at Brechin. We didn't play well and perhaps got more out of the game than we deserved. Hence my caution. 

I was at Dunfermline earlier in the season and that gave me cause to be cautious before our game there recently which I also attended. As it turned out we won. Glad of that.

I watched Livvy play Dunfermline last week when we had no game.  The way they play, the commitment they show and their physicality as well as the state of their pitch led me to believe that a point there would be a point gained and not two lost. I would love to have been wrong.

In my opinion games will become tougher as we move towards the end of the season and remain that way until the championship is won and both play off and relegation play off place are decided.

Bring them on.

C'mon Ricky!

surely you know you by now on here you have to insist every game is a cake walk for us.

11 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Bring them on.

I am with Rick. :D

Super Saints 5 Brechin City 0

Crowd 4487

Nothing has changed. Every game is still a must win game (even if we just lost one). The team has been coping with this since last January so I'm sure they can handle it. 

3 games in 6 days will be tough.  Fans wallets are going to take a pasting.  Good effort all the Buds who make it to any of these three games because there is a good chance they will make or break our season never mind our banks.

One game at a time though so Come on ye Saints. 3 points on Saturday

Thank you.

I kind of agree with Ricky on this. We have only won our previous two games against Brechin by the odd goal in three (and we got a dodgy penalty in one of them). Looking at Brechin's other league games, it's a similar pattern. They have lost quite a few games by just the odd goal. They may have no wins to their credit, but they appear to be a tough team to break down.

Nevertheless, as I said on another thread, if we had been allowed to pick our next opponents after Saturday's defeat, we couldn't have done much better. But let's not count our chickens. We need to approach this game as if it were against our nearest rivals and not the team at the bottom of the league. I still feel that the Barnsley business had a part to play in Saturday's defeat, so I trust in Jack to get the players' heads back in the right place for this week.

With Livi and United playing each other on Friday night, it's the best opportunity we could ask for to put more pressure on both of them. Let's get those three points!  COYS!! 

Guest TPAFKATS

I'm going to hospitality on Saturday. I don't think I've ever seen us win a game when I've been at hospitality at either this ground or Love Street. I think all games have been drawn although the memory is a bit hazy [emoji482]
I take full responsibility for a draw this Saturday. Sorry

6 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I'm going to hospitality on Saturday. I don't think I've ever seen us win a game when I've been at hospitality at either this ground or Love Street. I think all games have been drawn although the memory is a bit hazy emoji482.png

We won them all, you were blootered. :clapping

20 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I'm going to hospitality on Saturday. I don't think I've ever seen us win a game when I've been at hospitality at either this ground or Love Street. I think all games have been drawn although the memory is a bit hazy emoji482.png

Please please don't go. 

21 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Bring them on.

Yeah , they say the League table never lies but watching the game at Brechin , it was hard to believe that they had never won a game this season given the performance they were putting up against us . Aye , the League table never lies but going to a game like that tells a another story . .

I still think we will hump them comfortably. .

22 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I doubt you've ever played sport at a high level where top teams, and managers, will see teams at the bottom of the league as "easy".

You say we didn't play well yet we still won, as have almost every other team in the league this season against Brechin.

Yeah, it's 11 v 11 and anything can happen but we won't get a better chance to bounce back to winning ways after the weekends bad result. 

I'm going to hospitality on Saturday. I don't think I've ever seen us win a game when I've been at hospitality at either this ground or Love Street. I think all games have been drawn although the memory is a bit hazy [emoji482]
Maybe I should attend on your behalf?
I don't mind! Honest.

19 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Faraway.

Supposition upon supposition.

All about opinions though,  I guess.

Didn't play football. Played rugby.

Did athletics.

My approach was the same.

Respect the opposition. 

If you don't give it, you don't get it.

You do keep focusing on respect, little, or nothing t do with the FACT Brechin are bottom of the league, losing 20 from 24.

St Mirren 3-0 Brechin, respect. :lol:

On paper this is the easiest game that we could hope for in order to get back on track.

However, we certainly haven't played at our best in either of the games we've played against them this season.

Over the course of this season Jack has got the players extremely well prepared for games against teams that are in a better league position than Brechin, with a positive end result.

Hopefully the management team and the players perform at their best and get the result that we require. If they underperform, as they did on Saturday, then a dogged display by Brechin could prove to be a hard nut to crack.

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You do keep focusing on respect, little, or nothing t do with the FACT Brechin are bottom of the league, losing 20 from 24.

St Mirren 3-0 Brechin, respect. :lol:

No apology for mentioning respect from me.

But

Look at our results against Brechin and how these were achieved.

Not easy...but I hope and believe we can win.