St Mirren v Brechin Sat 24th Feb

faraway saint

8 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

We have lost 1 league game in the last 10.  You admitted it yourself that we are, like all teams, going through a sticky patch.  We have no right to expect to win all games of football and you have supported the team long enough to know this.  We are top of the league, won the game and got back on track results wise.  Next season will take care of itself  if we are promoted.  Jack will likely read the riot act with certain players who are not performing.  Trust the man who has got this team from bottom of the league to the top and well in front.

We have not been playing well since Morgan signed for Celtic.  Because I think he has stopped playing since then and if he  not playing well we don't play either .

7 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Really poor performance today. Can't think of a player who would get pass marks. We just never looked interested from when we missed the Pen. Morgan is just turning up at mo. Reilly has lost his scoring touch. Was no guile in midfield. Need a 100% improvement for Friday's game with Utd.

Saw Hippolyte getting ready and said right away he should take Morgan off , give him a wee shake. Missed chance for JR I think !

That was awful to watch. Liam smith had a mare until last ten minutes and we tried our level best to give Brechin every possible chance to get back in. Passing terrible. Baird only sub with pass marks. Samson man of the match for me for his late save. Our game collapsed after penalty miss, but we won so move on and jack can get this malaise sorted ahead of Friday

I know we can't always win "pretty" but that was Kardashian ugly today. Almost eye-bleeding after a reasonable start. After the penalty miss we looked slow and predictable. I wasn't alone in finding it difficult to work out who were the part time, away side. And the choice of subs? Beyond belief.

Still one more step in the quest but we better play better next Friday or we could be the team that turns the tangerines around.

Well that was turgid. Must have been a struggle for the sponsors to pick a MOTM .
Haven’t read through the rest of the posts so apologies if I’m repeating. Morgan needs to get his act together . Liam Smith was absolutely honking. Reilly and Cammy look as if they have run their course and need a rest .
Positive ? We won. Another three points , another one chalked up.
Move on .

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

Really poor performance today. Can't think of a player who would get pass marks. We just never looked interested from when we missed the Pen. Morgan is just turning up at mo. Reilly has lost his scoring touch. Was no guile in midfield. Need a 100% improvement for Friday's game with Utd.

Eckersley for me was the one player who played reasonably throughout.

Edited by stlucifer

Reilly was absolutely furious when his number went up to be subbed.

I actually have some sympathy for him, every single week he gets hooked on 60mins, usually for Mullen but today big Hippolyte

Anyway, as nervy a game as I can remember, McGinn who is usually so reliable was so poor on the ball.

Gary Mack was really poor today, I would have Jack straight back in for Friday

Wins a win and all that

Also, JR looked absolutely furious as he left the pitch at the end, don’t think he will be holding back

We could easily have been 5-0 up at half-time and Cammy crashed one off the cross bar at the start of the second half. But from there on in the passing was terrible and we were poor however the winning mentality prevailed and we got another 3 points while not playing well.

Reilly was absolutely furious when his number went up to be subbed.

I actually have some sympathy for him, every single week he gets hooked on 60mins, usually for Mullen but today big Hippolyte

If Reilly starts kicking his own arse within 60 minutes he won’t be (rightly) hooked every week.

Very poor game for us , a times you wonder why we are top of this league with recent displays .Second to nearly every ball and the passing was bad , can see why he took Gav off , he wasn't getting any kind of service , but taking Cammy off is a head scratcher our best player today ,Bairdy put in a decent cameo appearance but that was about it.