St Mirren v Brechin Sat 24th Feb

faraway saint

16 hours ago, Sonny said:

We could easily have been 5-0 up at half-time and Cammy crashed one off the cross bar at the start of the second half. But from there on in the passing was terrible and we were poor however the winning mentality prevailed and we got another 3 points while not playing well.

Were you at the same game..? We only had five shots on target in the whole game! That was as poor as Utd were against Livi on Friday.

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Were you at the same game..? We only had five shots on target in the whole game! That was as poor as Utd were against Livi on Friday.

Yet we scored one and won the game.  I cannot believe some on here who act like the bigot brothers and expect to play well and win every week.  Even the best under perform and how many other non Bud fans would love to be where we are? How many of us thought after last season that we would be  where we are?  Yes, the team are having a sticky patch with 1 defeat in 11 and as the finishing line approached nerves will kick in and this is where our management team earn their corn.  Yesterday second half was grim but it is a results business and we got the 3 points. Still it keeps Elvis happy.

17 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Yet we scored one and won the game.  I cannot believe some on here who act like the bigot brothers and expect to play well and win every week.  Even the best under perform and how many other non Bud fans would love to be where we are? How many of us thought after last season that we would be  where we are?  Yes, the team are having a sticky patch with 1 defeat in 11 and as the finishing line approached nerves will kick in and this is where our management team earn their corn.  Yesterday second half was grim but it is a results business and we got the 3 points. Still it keeps Elvis happy.

Get real.... bigot brothers ffs.

we managed to make a team who had one shot on target seem like actual contenders yesterday. Dont know where Ross's head is at bringing back that no mark McShane, it got embarrassing waiting for him to be finally hooked. And his refusal to adapt the line up/set up to beat the opposition looks like a throwback to the times when a first team squad was eleven and the same two subs.

if we go like that against Utd, Flood will have a feckin field day at our expense. We have the players to play much better, but Ross's old petulant streak seems to be back by refusing to use the resources at his disposal. Remember he took Reilly off and subbed him with Baird... feck me thats some statement of intent.

Edit: forgot to add the only team to find the net yesterday were Brechin..!

Anyone still think we dont have a problem?

Edited by Lord Pityme

Missed a penalty and hit the bar.

'Keeper also had three great saves, and Smith blazed two over the bar when it looked easier to score.

A couple of great efforts from Morgan and MacKenzie blocked too.

Looks like someone needs to refresh their memory regarding the actual events of yesterday. :rolleyes: 

Edited by FTOF

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

we managed to make a team who had one shot on target seem like actual contenders yesterday.

Which one was it then? 

Did we limit them to one shot on target or did we make them look like actual contenders?

You've not thought this out properly, have you?

So when Reilly was hooked who came on? Hands up if i got it wrong and Ross actually subbed the man of the match to bring on Baird!

Deflection deflection

He brought on Hippolyte...I’m sure you could have googled that mind you

Then he took Cammy smith off to change the shape.

Had he done nothing and we conceded you would have loved it anyway. Since that never happened your focusing on some absolute drivel.

I know I shouldn’t have bit in the first place, you and TC are as transparent as can be looking for attention trying to defend your OTT criticism of Jack Ross last year

This season must be absolutely killing the both you, unlucky you can’t enjoy it like the rest of us

5 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

Deflection deflection

He brought on Hippolyte...I’m sure you could have googled that mind you

Then he took Cammy smith off to change the shape.

Had he done nothing and we conceded you would have loved it anyway. Since that never happened your focusing on some absolute drivel.

I know I shouldn’t have bit in the first place, you and TC are as transparent as can be looking for attention trying to defend your OTT criticism of Jack Ross last year

This season must be absolutely killing the both you, unlucky you can’t enjoy it like the rest of us

Heres a suggestion, on a football forum try sticking to talking about football...

i am loving where we are at so far this season, but i can see we are needlessly putting things at risk by playing the same way every week when we have players available to change it. It is noteworthy that the Ian McShane fans have gone to ground after his worthless contribution yesterday, all we can do is hope some poor buggers might take him on emergency loan!

"he took Cammy Smith off to change the shape" would that shape-change have been from brutal to desperation?

Edited by Lord Pityme

HA! HA!  I think jack must be a regular reader of the forum. Two big points.

He had a good chat with the players after the game and he thinks they will benefit from that.  

The vast majority of supporters are with the club and understand we have no divine right to win football matches

So there you haveit. Stick with the team and do your bit to get us over the line starting on Friday night when we go to a tough venue as LEAGUE LEADERS.

Trust in Jack he has got us this far.

Edited by East Lothian Saint

18 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

HA! HA!  I think jack must be a regular reader of the forum. Two big points.

He had a good chat with the players after the game and he thinks they will benefit from that.  

The vast majority of supporters are with the club and understand we have no divine right to win football matches

So there you haveit. Stick with the team and do your bit to get us over the line starting on Friday night when we go to a tough venue as LEAGUE LEADERS.

Trust in Jack he has got us this far.

Did he thank Brechin for the goal? Surely manners cost nothing....

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Did he thank Brechin for the goal? Surely manners cost nothing....

Naw! He gave it to Kyle Magennis and praised the magnificent quality of the free kick which I have to add looked fecking awesome from where I was sitting in the West stand. 

Edited by East Lothian Saint

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'll be honest, I didn't think McShane was nearly as bad as LPM is making out. Indeed, the use of the word 'impostor' is pretty distasteful considering he's been a regular in a team who is stoating this league.

Aye... I am sure Ross thought the very same when he eventually hooked him, possibly thought that too when he dropped him, Who knows?

20 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Naw! He gave it to Kyle Magennis and praised the magnificent quality of the free kick which I have to add looked fecking awesome from where I was sitting in the West stand. 

It was a very good free kick! A rare pearl in an oyster filled with horse shit.

we need, like many have commented on here a genuine midfield with two guys who take turns to hold, and be the centre of all our play. Thankfully yesterday when Brechin got behind McGinn and Magennis they were too poor to capitalise  on it. You saw last week how Livi did, and unless Ross plays Donati in there i fear we will gift a poor Dun Utd too many chances. Surely most saints fans can see thats our achilles?

I'll be honest, I didn't think McShane was nearly as bad as LPM is making out. Indeed, the use of the word 'impostor' is pretty distasteful considering he's been a regular in a team who is stoating this league.

His penalty was saved which makes him an easy target.

I can admit he didn't have his best game yesterday but I'm not sure many did.

He was on the park during our best period of the match and don't think bringing Flynn on really changed anything. For me the substitution that changed things for the better was bringing Baird on as Liam Smith seemed to relax and play like the player we know that he is.

"he took Cammy Smith off to change the shape" would that shape-change have been from brutal to desperation?

We were poor yesterday. There’s no denying that fact but as much as you’d love to use this as another opportunity to slate the manager (I see you created “Jack’s petulant streak” elsewhere on the thread) the fact is that the change to three centre backs worked as we didn’t concede a crucial goal. You would almost certainly have been one of the first to moan if he’d done nothing and we’d lost the sucker goal at the death.

The penalty miss inexplicably changed the game. Had it gone in then we’d likely have run out comfortable winners but shit happens. We had a few players who’ve lost form and a shitty playing surface to contend with yesterday but we ground out the result. Job done.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Get real.... bigot brothers ffs.

we managed to make a team who had one shot on target seem like actual contenders yesterday. Dont know where Ross's head is at bringing back that no mark McShane, it got embarrassing waiting for him to be finally hooked. And his refusal to adapt the line up/set up to beat the opposition looks like a throwback to the times when a first team squad was eleven and the same two subs.

if we go like that against Utd, Flood will have a feckin field day at our expense. We have the players to play much better, but Ross's old petulant streak seems to be back by refusing to use the resources at his disposal. Remember he took Reilly off and subbed him with Baird... feck me thats some statement of intent.

Edit: forgot to add the only team to find the net yesterday were Brechin..!

Anyone still think we dont have a problem?

I am not saying we played well second half but EVERY team has stinkers. We lost 1 game in 11 and top of the league. As Jack said in his post match interview "we have no right to expect to win a football match" and praised the effort of Brechin.  Expecting to win every match while playing well is what we expect from the gruesome twosome from Glasgow. I would remind you that we won yesterday and while not pretty (second half) it was another 3 points. Every team will have patches in the season where a dip in firm occurs. Dundee Utd is a different proposition but we will be up for it.

Still struggling to get my head round the moans. 

Our recent dip in form has seen us pick up more points in our last 10 games than we picked up in our first 10 games of the season! Same goes for our last 6 games vs our first 6 games. 

It’s a results business and even more so at this time of the season. 

Edited by davidg

1 minute ago, davidg said:

Still struggling to get my head round the moans. 

Our recent dip in form has seen us pick up more points in our last 10 games than we picked up in our first 10 games of the season!

It’s a results business and even more so at this time of the season. 

TBF if you take one persons "moans" out of the equation not many, if any, are bemoaning our overall form, more concerned about yesterday. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

TBF if you take one persons "moans" out of the equation not many, if any, are bemoaning our overall form, more concerned about yesterday. 

Quite a few moans in the stadium but like you say, definitely the minority but enough to draw attention from players and staff. 

Frustrating stuff. 

Just now, davidg said:

Quite a few moans in the stadium but like you say, definitely the minority but enough to draw attention from players and staff. 

Frustrating stuff. 

You know as well as anyone the minority of absolute wallopers we have who, seemingly, have the memory span of a rather stupid goldfish.

Aye, they're happy jumping aboard the "happy bus" but can hardly wait to moan like a bitch at any sort of negative they can find.

we will have bad games everybody should know that. but for me yesterday it was our lack of desire that annoyed me. 2nd half we let a team of no hopers bully us all over the p ark. Think it's something JR has to look at. but if the players are not up for Friday night then we would have a problem.