St Mirren v Brechin Sat 24th Feb

faraway saint

Our very very poor pitch??? 

Was it ? 

Were Brechin playing at the Racecourse ? 

It was our playing surface. 

We were at HOME. 

Used to watch magical football on real mudheaps and very hard pitches in the 60's, 70's and 80's. 

Anybody mind the SUPER SAMBA CUP TIE ? 

1 hour ago, nedflanders123 said:

I am not saying we played well second half but EVERY team has stinkers. We lost 1 game in 11 and top of the league. As Jack said in his post match interview "we have no right to expect to win a football match" and praised the effort of Brechin.  Expecting to win every match while playing well is what we expect from the gruesome twosome from Glasgow. I would remind you that we won yesterday and while not pretty (second half) it was another 3 points. Every team will have patches in the season where a dip in firm occurs. Dundee Utd is a different proposition but we will be up for it.

C'mon... "praised the effort of Brechin".. they were so good they managed ONE shot on target the whole game.

McShane really frustrates me. He's been out the picture recently but gets his chance against the bottom feeders. He gives a completely anonymous performance , he actually played it like a non contact training game. Useless , and certainly no where near good enough if we do make the step up .

9 minutes ago, billyg said:

McShane really frustrates me. He's been out the picture recently but gets his chance against the bottom feeders. He gives a completely anonymous performance , he actually played it like a non contact training game. Useless , and certainly no where near good enough if we do make the step up .

Too true Billy, like a fair few of the players out on loan he has shown his level and its not up to what we need. Cold hard fact is when we signed him he was available for a reason.

he was obviously told to play deep yesterday, but playing so deep that in the first half he was in the pie stall queue in the family stand.

Edited by Lord Pityme

I already said that I missed this game so cannot comment on the performance other than to be thankful that we got 3 points and further improved our position at the top.....that can't be bad for a days work!

Said before the match that Brechin are no mugs despite what the statistics say. Each game against them has been difficult. I have been at the others. Good luck to them in looking for their first win of the season in the coming games....particularly of this were to happen against one of our closest rivals for the title.

I now find myself saying "come on Morton" and "come on Brechin" for the games coming up this week.

I'm obviously in the minority but I thought Mcshane was actually one of our better players yesterday.

Certainly imo he put alot more effort than Mcginn I know effort doesn't mean he played well but thought he was the one driving the team on during the good play we had in the first half & I was genuinely surprised when he got subbed.

Hey ho it's all about opinions let's all agree to disagree.

McShane actually took some responsibility and tried to make things happen by trying to thread a few passes through, hard to do when your opposition are camping on the edge of the box but he tried anyway.

Was a bit disappointed when he came off to be honest.

The whole team was under par yesterday so don’t really see the point in singling players out for criticism.

It was one of those days. After the first half hour, sImple passes were going astray, we looked one paced and didn’t play with any tempo. That made for a nervy afternoon for everyone. However, we won a game that we would’ve drawn or lost not so long ago, and are 11 points clear at the top of the league.

I’ve noticed that about McShane before - he attracts criticism but a lot of the time it’s because he’s trying to create and play a risky forward pass. He wasn’t any better or worse than anyone else yesterday but has become a bit of a whipping boy for some.

Onwards and upwards.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, when I seen that mentioned I was "surprised"..................

It's certainly not the only reason we played poorly yesterday, but the pitch compared to previous seasons is in a poor condition and, like it or not, it was a factor that contributed to our performance yesterday. It cut up badly as the game went on yesterday and anyone could see that our more skilful players were very uncomfortable with the ball at their feet.

As I said elsewhere, the players need to adapt to this. Whether it's by playing balls over the top or getting early balls into the box, we need to sort it out.

I'm sure that the pitch will be relaid close season if we go up, as it's clearly coming to its end, as the last time it was relaid was in summer 2014.

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Okay who was it.

I seen now what Jack was eluding to in his interview when he said Most fans understand.

Article from the Sunday Mail

IMG_20180225_164827727-640x480.png

Jack Ross never took Raith Rovers seriously in the Challenge Cup.

A farce which he still hasn't apologised for.

Guest TPAFKATS

Another win, another 3 points. I even managed to break my hospitality win duck.

Should've been 4 up by half time but sometimes you just need to grind out a result.

11 points clear at end of February and folk are still moaning?

Our very very poor pitch??? 
Was it ? 
Were Brechin playing at the Racecourse ? 
It was our playing surface. 
We were at HOME. 
Used to watch magical football on real mudheaps and very hard pitches in the 60's, 70's and 80's. 
Anybody mind the SUPER SAMBA CUP TIE ? 

Aye and I remember when taxis from Gilmour St to my Mum’s house in Linwood were only £1.50. Do you fancy going back to that as well?[emoji849]

Anyone else think our manager might be making a mountain out of a molehill because someone at a football match shouted at him? Ffs on the facebook page their just about sorted for pitchforks and torches, even going as far as identifying the man who shouted at a football match.

its never been, and never will be my style to let my frustrations turn to slating the team/manager at a game, some people are different and   Shout nonsense throughout the game, occasionally its funny, most of the time just daft but is it really treasonous to shout what this guy did? Is there a bit of deflection going on here from a less than convincing performance? 

Is it really worth referencing in TV/media interviews, or are there a few more important things to discuss? 

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Anyone else think our manager might be making a mountain out of a molehill because someone at a football match shouted at him? Ffs on the facebook page their just about sorted for pitchforks and torches, even going as far as identifying the man who shouted at a football match.

its never been, and never will be my style to let my frustrations turn to slating the team/manager at a game, some people are different and   Shout nonsense throughout the game, occasionally its funny, most of the time just daft but is it really treasonous to shout what this guy did? Is there a bit of deflection going on here from a less than convincing performance? 

Is it really worth referencing in TV/media interviews, or are there a few more important things to discuss? 

I agree to a certain extent, but it could be seen as a mountain out of a molehill getting knickers in a twist over us only winning a game 1-0 on Saturday. :wink:

PS If you pay ANY attention to the St Mirren Facebook page you need to see a doctor ASAP.