St Mirren v Brechin Sat 24th Feb

faraway saint

13 hours ago, shull said:

Well, he should remember that before he starts going in the huff, picking on and fecking glaring at St Mirren Supporters.

Was not aware of Jack having a go at a supporter on Saturday, but from where I sit in the West Stand, I was definitely disappointed by how quickly some others turned on our players because they were having a bad day. We should remember what these lads (and the management team) have done for the club in the last year and get right behind them. Surely, when they are not playing to their usual high standard, that's when they need our encouragement most.  COYS!!

18 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

we will have bad games everybody should know that. but for me yesterday it was our lack of desire that annoyed me. 2nd half we let a team of no hopers bully us all over the p ark. Think it's something JR has to look at. but if the players are not up for Friday night then we would have a problem.

I didn't see them bullying us all over the park. That happened last week.

The match on Saturday was very different. We just lost any edge, were slack, and pretty rubbish overall.

Might I suggest that for games like Saturdays, the club ought to install commodes under the seats for the comfort of fans ?

Like one or two other games this season (esp v Raith in the Irn Bru cup) Saints have come out with the attitude of "this will be too easy for us today" and been unable to raise their game when opponents have proved to be no pushovers. OK we held on this time, but it was misery watching the last 20 mins when no-one could have complained if Brechin had managed a draw. Nevertheless we held on and perhaps another warning - like last weeks - that the title is not sewn up yet. Fridays game will be interesting to see if we really have what it takes.

2 hours ago, pondsman said:

Was not aware of Jack having a go at a supporter on Saturday, but from where I sit in the West Stand, I was definitely disappointed by how quickly some others turned on our players because they were having a bad day. We should remember what these lads (and the management team) have done for the club in the last year and get right behind them. Surely, when they are not playing to their usual high standard, that's when they need our encouragement most.  COYS!!

With you 100%

Abusing our own team makes no sense to me.

It's a bit of a strange one Saturday. I don't think I've ever experienced a St Mirren victory that's left me feeling so uneasy. On one hand it's job done, on the other we looked out of ideas and nonclinical (If that's even a word) with the ball going forward. 

In the interest of trying to remain positive I guess this time last year grinding out victories like that would of done the job for us fans. Hopefully this wee bad spell will be out our system come Friday. 

I think most people are annoyed at the standard of performance considering what had happened the week before.

It should have been a game that we bounced back with a confident performance and got back what we lost in goal difference against Livingston. Instead we were delivered a lacklustre performance, that you'd see on the last game of the season between two teams with northing to play for.

Bit of a worry, if the defeat before was playing on the mind of the players. We had only one gear at the weekend, fortunately it happened against Brechin.

Workin/hoping on the assumption that Utd can be as piss poor as they have been of late one more time on Friday and we steal three points in another 1-0 goalfest... 

whatever has caused our recent malaise lets hope the management/coaching team can lift the players out of it. One way to do that is to drop players, but we dont have imo that luxury on Friday as we need to play the guys who are good on the ball. Would defo put Donati in (if he's fit) the middle to anchor us.

I our last 3 title winning campaigns , 77 , 2000  and 2006 , in all of them we hit a wee sticky patch around this time of the season , then pushed on , hopefully history repeats itself !

Eta , regarding the abuse directed at Jacko , in 77 and 00 in pre internet times plenty folk were dishing out insults but the internet police had yet to be born so we all just got on with it , and in 2006 , let's face it , any abuse dished out to Gus was probably warranted ! :D 

Edited by billyg

Guest TPAFKATS
I our last 3 title winning campaigns , 77 , 2000  and 2006 , in all of them we hit a wee sticky patch around this time of the season , then pushed on , hopefully history repeats itself !

Eta , regarding the abuse directed at Jacko , in 77 and 00 in pre internet times plenty folk were dishing out insults but the internet police had yet to be born so we all just got on with it , and in 2006 , let's face it , any abuse dished out to Gus was probably warranted ! [emoji3] 
Every team hits at least one sticky patch in a season. Last season it lasted from July to January.
This season I thought we had one from the Dumbarton loss onwards for the next few games. We didn't play particularly well in a lot of games but we kept on winning, while our rivals all dropped points.

Saturday was a scrappy performance but we should've still scored a few more than we did. We won, that was the main thing.
Someone (div?) mentioned drawing 0-0 with clydebank back in 99-00 season. I recall how the fans reacted then as well.

Keep calm, etc