St Mirren v Brechin Sat 24th Feb

faraway saint

11 hours ago, munoz said:

I would take a scrappy 1-0 victory right now , but have a feeling it will be more comfortable than our previous 2 games against them. Hopefully see a reaction to last Saturdays loss . 4-1 Saints .

Yip, at this stage ANY victory is good although the consensus on this thread, so far, is a comfortable victory as it should be at home to a team rooted to the bottom of the league. 

Crack in a few goals, get the heads up again and continue the stroll to winning this league.

Too many are getting looking at problems for next season, without knowing what squad we will have, quite amusing. 

12 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Faraway.

Supposition upon supposition.

All about opinions though,  I guess.

Didn't play football. Played rugby.

Did athletics.

My approach was the same.

Respect the opposition. 

If you don't give it, you don't get it.

Whilst l don't go to as many away games as l used to ,  going to games does give a different perspective than say , listening to it on the radio. .

Should be a win, and by a couple of goals. Brechin, though bottom and without a win, haven't been battered that many times in the league this season, with a lot of 1-0, 2-1 and 3-1 defeats in there. Indeed they've lost by a single goal at home to us, United and Dunfermline, and drew at home to Livingston - the team who humbled us on Saturday.

The only thing that should give us problems on Saturday is complacency. Go out and concentrate on being at our best and playing with the right intensity for 90 minutes, and we'll win quite comfortably. Go on the pitch expecting to roll them over, and we could end up with egg on our face.

I'm sure our attitude and application will be far better than it was at Livingston.

18 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You do keep focusing on respect, little, or nothing t do with the FACT Brechin are bottom of the league, losing 20 from 24.

St Mirren 3-0 Brechin, respect. :lol:

Agreed.

We don't need to respect Brechin on Saturday. We need to defeat them. Pumping them would be especially good.

DWPfrv2XkAAKV_w.jpg:large

Well a few interesting questions for Saturday. 

Will Jack start with the same line-up as last week? Pre match on Saturday I was satisfied this was our strongest team. Now Donati is here, someone else will need to disappear from the squad if we are to accommodate him. I suspect it may be Hill but personally I would drop Mullen. 

Will the starting line up be changed or will Jack shuffle things about? I would like to see how Reilly and Hyppolite function together.  If Donati slips in beside McGinn. Does that mean McShane will disappear from the Squad?

Possibly the most interesting game of the season tactically. Lots of interesting questions for which I'm sure Jack will be able to provide the right answers. 

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Tactical Edit

We are playing at home against the team sitting at the foot of the table without a win to their name.

Meanwhile, the two teams chasing us are meeting up the evening before, and something has to give in that one.

The ideal fixture scenario for us this weekend, so absolutely no excuses. The business MUST be done!

Albeit with much inferior outcomes, Brechin play route one, frustrating at every turn, If the balls out means we aren't conceding football just like Livi! With that in mind, an the possibility we may have to play Falkirk next month with two players away shouldnt Ross be giving Donati his debut?

talking to my friend who scouts opposition teams for another championship club, he says they (and if you were there saturday you may have noticed Livi do the same) feel if you can bypass McGinn & Magennis as they both like to get forward, its an opportunity to go straight through the middle.(like Hardie & Millar). Might this not be an opportunity with say one of those two dropping to the bench, or pushed wide to play Donati in a holding role, and start with Sutton & Hippo, with Reilly & Smith ready to come off the bench..? Think Flynn would be benched in this scenario to accommodate playing Magennis wide, and Donati coming in.

19 minutes ago, Hambud said:

There's a whole load of suggested changes for a team that was winning week in week out.

Hopefully Jack has his January team written down and hidden in a drawer somewhere. Get back to winning and let these new guys force their way into the squad.

He could do that, or learn from those games where that line up and system dont work? Its all about using the strengths in you squad, if you need the front door battering down, dont send a Hobbit in to do it!

Brechin will try everything to stop us playing, why not outmuscle them, then when there knackered, booked etc, bring on. The ball players to out manouvere them too!  

8 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Now Donati is here, someone else will need to disappear from the squad if we are to accommodate him. I suspect it may be Hill but personally I would drop Mullen. 

Donati is being treated as a reserve centre-half it seems, behind Baird, Davis and MacKenzie in the pecking order. I wouldn't expect to see him in the squad.

Whatever the odds, I don't bet with the exception of the odd Euro millions ticket where I know the odds of winning are ridiculously low. Can't blame someone for betting their own money on the chance of a 1.0 win for Saturday's opponents but I do hope the punter who places that bet loses!

Quite surprised, or am I, at the lack of belief that we are hot favourites to win this league.

We've been on, overall, great form for about a year.

The league is as weak as it's been for many a year.

We've a massive lead, even if the teams below win their games in hand.

Relax, enjoy the remaining games, celebrate being league champions and stop looking for problems that might, or might not, happen next season.

Just as we've done the last two transfer windows, we'll strengthen and be ready for the challenge of the top league. 

Edited by faraway saint

12 hours ago, lovestlegend said:

Just saw this from Mr Fixit on twitter.

IMG_0007.jpg

Where does this Mr Fixit :lol: get these odds or does he just make them up? 

On Bet 365:

West Ham 12/1

Airdrie 6/1

Cowdenbeath 6/1

Bolton 11/2

Crystal Palace 9/2

Hearts 5/1

Cannie be bothered checking any more, methinx Mr Fixit makes things up. 

Edited by faraway saint