St Mirren v Falkirk 17/4/2018 (defo)

Lord Pityme

On 23/02/2018 at 7:40 AM, Thorizaar said:

Same would of course applied for the Dumbarton game, but this switch now raises the potential for us to be two games behind the rest going into the last few weeks of the season.

It's always said it's better to have played games and have the points on the board. Three games in seven days is a normal schedule for many teams so the game should have gone ahead next week.

If we end up with two games off, we'll have two tough midweek games in the last few weeks of the season rather than weekly games. It's also likely there's a higher risk of suspensions and injuries by the time those rearranged games would come around.

If we didn't have a game on the 24th we would have the two tough midweek games you are talking about. As it is we will now only have one (Dumbarton).  

At the end of the fixtures today we will be one game ahead of Livingston and three games ahead of Dundee United so the postponement on Tuesday will leave us on parity with Livi and still two games better off than United; in terms of 'points on the board' we will be no worse off than either of our main challengers. 

I always prefer Saturday 3pm to midweek fixtures. It was a bit of a short notice change but the availability of ICT and ourselves only became known after the Diddy Cup semi finals. Perhaps the club could have flagged up the possibility when the semi final line up was known - for people planning to travel - but apart from that I think they have taken a good opportunity when  it presented itself.

10 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

If we didn't have a game on the 24th we would have the two tough midweek games you are talking about. As it is we will now only have one (Dumbarton).  

At the end of the fixtures today we will be one game ahead of Livingston and three games ahead of Dundee United so the postponement on Tuesday will leave us on parity with Livi and still two games better off than United; in terms of 'points on the board' we will be no worse off than either of our main challengers. 

I always prefer Saturday 3pm to midweek fixtures. It was a bit of a short notice change but the availability of ICT and ourselves only became known after the Diddy Cup semi finals. Perhaps the club could have flagged up the possibility when the semi final line up was known - for people planning to travel - but apart from that I think they have taken a good opportunity when  it presented itself.

We have one midweek game at the moment. The scenario I'm talking about is if the Falkirk game is postponed due to U21 call ups.

We have one midweek game at the moment. The scenario I'm talking about is if the Falkirk game is postponed due to U21 call ups.

Yes but if we’d done nothing we’d be guaranteed two midweek games. This way we have a chance to avoid one.

I prefer Saturday games and we will have our fixture congestion hit by only one match no matter what the outcome here - and all we are actually doing is moving the congestion from one month to the other.

We must be able to handle that.

Obviously yes, our scheduled games. United will play their scheduled games and their games in hand to catch up therefore we could go into April having played two games less.
With the ICT v DU game rearranged for the 27th, it means Utd have 7 league games in March compared to our 5.

27 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
16 hours ago, Thorizaar said:
Obviously yes, our scheduled games. United will play their scheduled games and their games in hand to catch up therefore we could go into April having played two games less.

With the ICT v DU game rearranged for the 27th, it means Utd have 7 league games in March compared to our 5.

Yep, and then there's a chance we'll have more games than them in the last 4 weeks  of the season in April. I'd rather have more games now than in the run in.

Life is tough at the top! 

Easy to forget that we were 11 points adrift at the bottom or thereabouts 12 months ago.

Now that was pressure.

Bring it on.

Hopefully bigger crowds to come in all of our Saturday home games. Even better atmosphere (thanks the drum and singing section) and more income for the club.

Guest TPAFKATS
Yep, and then there's a chance we'll have more games than them in the last 4 weeks  of the season in April. I'd rather have more games now than in the run in.
By the last 4 weeks of the season, we'll hopefully reach a point where we don't need a win [emoji6]

We need more midweek games - this waiting 7 days till our next victory is murder.....

Too many playing games of ifs, buts and maybes... Let's watch our rivals drop more points and our lead remaining comfortable till we lift the trophy.

I think Morton are the dark horses and Livi have a decent game plan but we will all drop some points - we cannot collapse with our squad now being stronger overall than it was going into January or even way back in August.. The squad is there to be utilised, so let's get a bit of competition for places going - too many know they will be in the 1st 11 if they are fit..

This league is ours... planning for next season in with the big boys needs to be well under way...

COYS

Morgan will definitely be called up - The Sun seems to think there's an outside chance he could make the full squad, let alone the under-21s.

We're either playing without him or the game will be postponed because the others are called up. 

On 26/02/2018 at 6:39 PM, Sweeper07 said:

We need more midweek games - this waiting 7 days till our next victory is murder.....

Too many playing games of ifs, buts and maybes... Let's watch our rivals drop more points and our lead remaining comfortable till we lift the trophy.

I think Morton are the dark horses and Livi have a decent game plan but we will all drop some points - we cannot collapse with our squad now being stronger overall than it was going into January or even way back in August.. The squad is there to be utilised, so let's get a bit of competition for places going - too many know they will be in the 1st 11 if they are fit..

This league is ours... planning for next season in with the big boys needs to be well under way...

COYS

Them 1 St Mirren 1 at Murray Park

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Morgan will definitely be called up - The Sun seems to think there's an outside chance he could make the full squad, let alone the under-21s.

We're either playing without him or the game will be postponed because the others are called up. 

Full squad and in the Sun , Stu you are a Journalist. 

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

I'd be surprised.

(Understatement of the season :rolleyes:)

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'd be surprised.

(Understatement of the season :rolleyes:)

Can't see it happening either, however was just mentioning it because it looks certain he'll not be available that Saturday.

McLeish names his squad on Monday. The U21s announcement is often the day after the senior one, so maybe we'll know by Tuesday what's going to happen with this game. I notice that the official site has tickets on sale for the Dumbarton home game on 27/3 but not this one. I guess the club are hanging on for the U21s squad.....

Livingston's only U21 player is Ryan Hardie so it looks like they'll definitely have to play their game in Dumfries without him. 

Edited by Julian Banjos