St Mirren v Falkirk 17/4/2018 (defo)

Lord Pityme

2 hours ago, DLBud said:

Not really giving much of a f**k but to lose our decent home record to that shite isn’t great and also Sammy’s clean sheet record with the keystone cops defending at both goals.

If I was Stevie Aitken I’d be raging. Falkirk had three games to go before tonight and needed a point to secure their status and consign Dumbarton to the playoff. Two of those games were against the Champions and the other away to Dumbarton and we put out that team and lose the game. When Lennon pulled that shite last season against Ayr at Easter Road we were (rightly) aggrieved. A last minute Keatings goal ultimately sent Ayr down and kept us alive. Would’ve thought Jack would have had more empathy with the Sons plight and put out his best 11 tonight.

I don't buy that nonsense tbh and wasn't aggrieved in the slightest at Lennon last year. 

Do you really think Dumbarton were going to all of a sudden win 3/3 after the season they've had and Falkirk lose 3/3? It's not Jack's job to be concerned about the fortunes of Dumbarton. He's got a million and one other things regarding St Mirren and this squad to think about rather than Dumbarton. 

Tbh up till todays game i thought stelios would have been a possible squad player for next season, but having seen the reactions of both Jack and James throughout the game tonight im not sure, looked like they were just furious with him. About 20 mins into the game Jack absolutely screamed at stel 'Get into the f*cking game!' a number of times aswell the 2 of them just looked at each other and shook their heads after a couple of misplaced passes. Then after his mistake for the second goal Jack booted the advertising boards next to the dugout.  As much as I like the guy i cant help but feel like that was probably his last appearance in a saints strip. 

Aye, SD is capable and has some ability. But he’s too much of a maverick and not reliable enough. Certainly be amazed if he was kept for the trench war fare campaign next season

15 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Aye, SD is capable and has some ability. But he’s too much of a maverick and not reliable enough. Certainly be amazed if he was kept for the trench war fare campaign next season

The one thing SD has got in his favour right now is that Liam Smith will be going back to Hearts and chances are Gary Irvine will be leaving too. With only Eckersley left at LB/RB you'd be looking at 3 signings before it would make sense to release SD (unless we have a random youth suddenly ready to step up).

He's played a good part in both our survival and title bids and it's a shame that he's had some dodgy performances this season. He's definitely had some excellent moments.

8 hours ago, DLBud said:

Samson will be our keeper next season. I’m not sure why you would think differently?

Stelios will also be here IMO. He’ll be a reasonably cheap squad player who can slot in a left or right back in an emergency. That was undoubtedly his worst game for us but he’s been a lightning rod in some others when he had a chance.

Even worse than the Aberdeen game? :o

I'm still of the opinion he's a liability and we cannot afford that next season. :byebye

Fully expected a few to get a run out, but to swap eight, including the full back line and most of the midfield isnt respecting the support never mind the game and competition. Came close to knicking it, then got what we deserved at the end, ironically we lost it with a couple of regulars back on at the end.

need any sort of win against Morton for the support that will turn out, and show an intent to play as champions. Will take a deflection off Sutton's arse in the 90+6 minute as a winner. 

Hendrie took the foot off the gas at the end of his championship winning season and couldnt reverse it when promoted! Lets not be going down that road again.

9 hours ago, DLBud said:

Not really giving much of a f**k but to lose our decent home record to that shite isn’t great and also Sammy’s clean sheet record with the keystone cops defending at both goals.

If I was Stevie Aitken I’d be raging. Falkirk had three games to go before tonight and needed a point to secure their status and consign Dumbarton to the playoff. Two of those games were against the Champions and the other away to Dumbarton and we put out that team and lose the game. When Lennon pulled that shite last season against Ayr at Easter Road we were (rightly) aggrieved. A last minute Keatings goal ultimately sent Ayr down and kept us alive. Would’ve thought Jack would have had more empathy with the Sons plight and put out his best 11 tonight.

The defeat consigning a team that plays some of the most mind-numbingly boring football I've ever seen, time wastes for the first minute, has proven to be our bogey side and contains some of the worst St Mirren players I've ever seen was the highlight of the evening for me.

Although it was a close run thing between that and the Facebook meltdowns from numerous f**kwits who had clearly never heard of St Mirren but had us on their coupon.

Disappointing result, considering that we were in control for most of the game, despite playing several second string players. Our penalty was a bit of a puzzler. Couldn't see any reason for it.

I agree that Stelios wasn't great last night. He does have a tendency to throw in performances like that. Remember the cup-tie against Aberdeen? Last night might have convinced JR that he is dispensable. Also thought that Ian McShane didn't have a great game, which disappoints me because I thought he did well in the early part of the season, before Ryan Flynn came in.

Mark Hill getting some criticism from others but I thought he did OK. Has a decent turn of speed for a hefty guy. However I doubt if he'll be there next season. Will surely return to Celtic.

Good to hear JR confirm in the post-match interview that first-team players will be back in against Morton. We need to give a champions' performance on Saturday and put the Greenock team firmly in its place.

Could not believe how bad Falkirk are. We started with some players that hadn’t played one competitive game all season and were still much better than them. Thought Irvine done very well but most of the fringe players did little to impress for a new contract. I like Stelios but think his fate is sealed after tonight although as usual he was good around the opposition penalty box but some really poor defending tonight.

2 hours ago, Seaside Nipper said:

He seemed to lack confidence last night and looked to be feeling the pressure from Jack. I would keep him. He has shown he has ability and he has been a key part of our rebuilding process . We need to keep the spirit of the team that saved us from relegation/ won promotion and Stelios is part of that. There will be enough hired guns coming in with no feeling for the club.

Glad to see Jack Ross looking very pissed off indeed in his post-match interview.  I completely agree with him that the club has got to where they are by setting standards of professionalism and performance that should be met, and having the league won shouldn't change that.

I'm annoyed mainly for Craig Samson losing his clean sheet record due to some idiotic defending in front of him, especially after that wonderful penalty save.

I see quite a lot of the fans laughing at the result on twitter.  I really can't do that - the performance was unacceptable from start to finish and if the players intended to put in that shift they could have let us know and saved us all the price of the ticket.

That's the worst Falkirk team I have ever seen, Dumabrton are seriously unlucky not to finish ahead of them.

I expect some arses to be booted and normal service to be resumed against Morton.  I certainly bloody hope so anyway!

Edited by Kemp

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Glad to see Jack Ross looking very pissed off indeed in his post-match interview.  I completely agree with him that the club has got to where they are by setting standards of professionalism and performance that should be met, and having the league won shouldn't change that.

I'm annoyed mainly for Craig Samson losing his clean sheet record due to some idiotic defending in front of him, especially after that wonderful penalty save.

I see quite a lot of the fans laughing at the result on twitter.  I really can't do that - the performance was unacceptable from start to finish and if the players intended to put in that shift they could have let us know and saved us all the price of the ticket.

That's the worst Falkirk team I have ever seen, Dumabrton are seriously unlucky not to finish ahead of them.

I expect some arses to be booted and normal service to be resumed against Morton.  I certainly bloody hope so anyway!

What have the defenders got to do with a Goalie losing his clean sheet record. 

Samson got 100% praise for setting the record. All his own fecking work. The defenders didn't get a look in at the so called solo achievement. 

The Masses Are Asses :byebye

Bit of a nothing game, thought Hill was very decent, despite being a bit overweight. Hippo was alright but could benefit from practising shots/crosses while running - kept duffing them along the ground. Bit like my golf game.

Full team back for Morton, which really does matter. 

Finnd it strange that no one cares, or indeed dares to suggest we got what we deserved due mainly to swapping out eight regular first picks which included The Whole Back Line... and most of the midfield! Where is the standard of professionalism in that decision?

and why on earth would the manager who made the decisions expect a different standard of performance from a side that has no joint standard to benchmark itself against..?

last night was down to the manager. Hopefully he's learned you cant change eight players in a league game? Even Arsene Wenger only does that in the cup!

We have been following footie long enough to know how this turns out

It takes tremendous mental effort for a team to achieved what we have in 15 months, having a game 3 days after a title win is bonkers, and players who have not been playing, cant just fit in...

I thought we looked good for about 30 mins 2 nd half, then we tired and players in didn't gel.....

But honestly, its called a dead rubber................

I would like to see a full strength send off on Sat, and I am sure we will

Just now, magnus said:

He wasn't even remotely annoying last night. He looked like a man with too many worries to enjoy anything.

Next season is more important for him in all honesty. This season was about avoiding the relegation playoff after Falkirk's disastrous start. Job done, now the aim will be to get back on track to fight for promotion.