Points Difference For the "RUN IN "

saintargyll

80 points will win the league. If our rivals take us to the wire and we keep winning it means we can reach that total at the Livingston game at Greenhill Road on the 14th April.

Lot's of ifs and buts in there. It could come sooner or later but feck it,

"We're on our way. We're on our way"

:whistle

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Complacency

80 points will win the league. If our rivals take us to the wire and we keep winning it means we can reach that total at the Livingston game at Greenhill Road on the 14th April.
Lot's of ifs and buts in there it could come sooner or later but feck it,
"We're on our way,. Were on our way"
:whistle

Eh..... Surely if we keep winning no one could catch us?

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Who'd have though people could post as much shite as you. :lol:

Just what I was thinking about you Faraway (Only joking)

But 

I like it .... The Final Countdown!

Lets hope the symetry is disturbed and that after saturday it isn't 10 with ten to go as Mr Shull posted tongue in cheek

Edited by St.Ricky

Hibs won the league last season with 71 points,  they only lost 3 games all season but drew 14. Previous 2 seasons Rangers with 81 and Hearts with an incredible 91.

Dundee Utd can achieve a maximum of 82 points if they win their remaining 14 fixtures, that will be nigh impossible to do but I still think we’ll need to top Hibs total from last season to secure it.

Another 18 points from our last 11 fixtures should comfortably see us over the finishing line in my opinion. 

Edited by Jimmy H

United can reach 82, Livi can reach 79. We can reach 87.

We can afford a defeat and a draw and still probably take the title. If Livi beat Utd tomorrow we can afford two defeats and a draw, or 4 draws, or...possibly there are too many possibilities to factor in other than - beat Brechin, and revisit this on Saturday night...

:wink:

54 minutes ago, Soctty said:

United can reach 82, Livi can reach 79. We can reach 87.

We can afford a defeat and a draw and still probably take the title. If Livi beat Utd tomorrow we can afford two defeats and a draw, or 4 draws, or...possibly there are too many possibilities to factor in other than - beat Brechin, and revisit this on Saturday night...

:wink:

Your right of course but my original hypothesis took into consideration that we beat Dundee Utd on 2 march meaning they only achieve 79 points and when we beat Livingston on the 14th we would have 81 points. That of course does include lots of if's and buts like playing the postponed Dumbarton game prior to that, no one breaks any mirrors, the game isn't changed to the 13th, No black cats  cross Jacks path and Shull doesn't change his lucky underpants

:lucky:lucky:lucky 

I think the title is a formality,just a matter of when....the chat of points we and others can achieve is kinda the wrong way to look at it

For me its when no one can catch us and like Lord Pityme i picked out the 24th of March against Dumbarton before the change

The reason i posted fixtures till the 10th was because they were defining and depending how they go,i can see a better picture of where and when we will win the league

because I KNOW WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE,WE ARE WAYYYY TOO GOOD A TEAM TO LOSE THIS

I BELIEVE ....do you?

19 minutes ago, Hambud said:

My big worry is that United haven't played for so long they've had time get their shit together. Hope I'm wrong.

Meaning they will be sloppy.....Utd have no influence over us apart from 1 game at Tannadice.  Utd (and Livi for that matter) have no influence on the Brechin game on Saturday nor the re-arranged Falkirk game nor the......oh you get the point.

I do not believe that the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co will win this league.

I know they will, they will indeed. 

3 hours ago, Hambud said:

My big worry is that United haven't played for so long they've had time get their shit together. Hope I'm wrong.

The other possibility is that they'll lack sharpness, so might take them a game or two to get up to speed. I've no doubt they'll be highly motivated, both by the time they've had to sit and watch others play, and by the fact most people are writing them off...