New bus bays in Neilston Rd.

mcd54

Guest TPAFKATS

Probably has to move from the current position at Lochfield Rd as it causes congestion there and also at falside Rd junction.

I'm assuming the new bus stop will replace the one at braids Rd as well? Hopefully less congestion due to 1 less stop.

16 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Probably has to move from the current position at Lochfield Rd as it causes congestion there and also at falside Rd junction.

I'm assuming the new bus stop will replace the one at braids Rd as well? Hopefully less congestion due to 1 less stop.

That was the reason they put it there, to slow traffic down, traffic calming measures they call it. most bus stops down that road are the same,,  not very calming when your trying to get to work.  :ahhhh

5 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
11 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:
That was the reason they put it there, to slow traffic down, traffic calming measures they call it. most bus stops down that road are the same,,  not very calming when your trying to get to work.  :ahhhh

There's always been a bus stop there as far back as I can remember. Before the traffic islands and lights - and before Safeway/Morrison's.

Ah was going to say that too.

And.........surely if they move that bus stop then they have to move all the bus stops?

15 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
21 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

There's always been a bus stop there as far back as I can remember. Before the traffic islands and lights - and before Safeway/Morrison's.

Bus stop been there for at least 47 years since it was the one I used to get to work in 1971  :o

17 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

OK then will change that to, The reason they kept it there was to drive us all nuts..  like most of the bus stops down that road, you cant pass the bus when it stops great idea...

The Cooncil,in their wisdom,have narrowed roads at bus stops all over the Town.This is to save dafties who come off buses and cross in front of them into the path of traffic.

20 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

OK then will change that to, The reason they kept it there was to drive us all nuts..  like most of the bus stops down that road, you cant pass the bus when it stops great idea...

Get the bus then and leave the car at home :P

Guest TPAFKATS
The Cooncil,in their wisdom,have narrowed roads at bus stops all over the Town.This is to save dafties who come off buses and cross in front of them into the path of traffic.
Aye, they extend the bus stop out into the road, partly to stop the bus having to try and squeeze into the bay. Also means that the bus doesn't have to wait to get back out into traffic. This is particularly useful as they don't usually have working indicators [emoji6]

Knock on effect is that it should make the bus journey time quicker. Not so much for the rest of the traffic stuck behind though.

17 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
1 hour ago, Miss Saint said:
well as someone who doesn't drive thank feck there is going to be one outside aldi's for my lesser shops when no taxi required. That bloody hill to the bus stop at morrisons is a killer with two bags tho!  common as muck and don't give a.......

Why didn't you walk down the hill to the previous stop? It's probably just as close.

naw its defo no, years ago mibbe when it straight across from morrisons but not now - they firstly moved it down outside the big old tenements then moved it about 20ft further down.