St. Mirren v Dunfermline

8 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Missed the game today but what a fantastic result!

Points on the board puts even more pressure on those chasing us.

What was up with Morgan. Injured?

Tonsillitis I heard.

Hard to swallow though!

Edited by stlucifer

One of the most comfortable wins we've had all season. Controlled the game pretty much throughout and never doubted that a goal would come. Dunfermline are a shadow of the side they were earlier in the season, and caused us almost no problems.

Good to get another three points on the board while others pick up games in hand which will need to played some midweek, with United now having 4 games to make up.

Thought Mullen and Flynn showed why we brought them to the club, while McGinn bossed the match from start to finish, while the defence has an easy afternoon 

On to next week now - another three points please...

9 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Missed the game today but what a fantastic result!

Points on the board puts even more pressure on those chasing us.

What was up with Morgan. Injured?

Ill - his mum tweeted the whole family were down with a bug. Nice to show we can cope without him.

Also states 11 shots to the Buds and 4 to the Pars. Can only think of 1 shot to the Pars. Sammy came closest to them having anything on target.
They had 2 which were just over the bar early on. One the lad swiped last the post when only sammy to beat and the one sammy saved to his bottom left which was a decemt stop.

22 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:
3 hours ago, elvis said:
Going by BBC stats and live report looks like its all the Dung .

Why dont you stay off BBC and actually attend a game?

Attended the game.  BBC stats were well off in every area other than cards issued toDAFC players

36 minutes ago, Soctty said:

One of the most comfortable wins we've had all season. Controlled the game pretty much throughout and never doubted that a goal would come. Dunfermline are a shadow of the side they were earlier in the season, and caused us almost no problems.

Good to get another three points on the board while others pick up games in hand which will need to played some midweek, with United now having 4 games to make up.

Thought Mullen and Flynn showed why we brought them to the club, while McGinn bossed the match from start to finish, while the defence has an easy afternoon 

On to next week now - another three points please...

The only worry I had this afternoon was that we wouldn't turn our superiority into goals.

In the end any concerns I had were unfounded.

I wasn't ever worried about Dunfermline causing us any damage, as they were fairly inept and toothless.

Apart from one save that Sammy turned round the post, they really didn't threaten us.

In the end it was a routine victory, with some very assured performances produced in the process.

Also, another game chalked off whilst the teams nearest us continue to amass re-scheduled midweek games.:)

Edited by FTOF

Just now, FTOF said:

The only worry I had this afternoon was that we wouldn't turn our superiority into goals.

In the end an concerns I had were unfounded.

I wasn't ever worried about Dunfermline causing us any damage, as they were fairly inept and toothless.

Apart from one save that Sammy turned round the post, they really didn't threaten us.

In the end it was a routine victory, with some very assured performances produced in the process.

Also, another game chalked off whilst the teams nearest us continue to amass re-scheduled midweek games.:)

Yip, 9 games to go, getting closer to the line every game. 

I thought there were some stellar performances today and we had regained a bit of a swagger to our play.

No nerves or lack of confidence on show.

Eckersley and MacKenzie were sublime defensively whilst Smith and Flynn really put in quite incredible shifts.

We played as a team and won as a team.

Better still was my fiver on Davis at 11/1 and my £5 treble on Saints, Falkirk and QoS that between them yielded £100.

OH HAPPY DAY! :D

Excellent by all the players today who also showed plenty of patient while well ahead in all aspect of the game. Glad the manager didn't take the advice of 1 of our posters and play Sutton since he thought punts up the pitch to big guys was the way to play today :rolleyes:  As for the penalty kick, I don't understand why it wasn't a straight red card since the foul was stopping a tap in from 3 yards by our player. My motm was MacKenzie who won everything in the air and on the ground. It is now 6 games at home in the league without us losing a goal :clapping  that surely must be an all time record by the club and I hope someone can check that stats out.

18 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The stuff of champions today. A ground out victory on a terrible pitch in awful conditions, real attritional stuff. Mullen mom ??? Thought G Mac, Flynn, McGinn and Liam were excellent. We're on our way.....

I wouldn't say it was ground out. We won by being the best team for nearly all of the game and having patient while waiting for our 1st goal.

1 hour ago, SaintGlenburn said:
4 hours ago, elvis said:
Going by BBC stats and live report looks like its all the Dung .

Why dont you stay off BBC and actually attend a game?

Well that would be very difficult as I am at work offshore but I can assure you I go to every home game and a few away every time I am home. 

Guest TPAFKATS

Great result and performance.
Patience was required but really only one team in it.
Flynn motm for me, but Mullen and both smiths played very well. McGinn usual performance and Gary Mac was also great.
Can't believe the ref decided that the penalty wasn't a straight red.
Dunfermline decided to sit back and play on the break which doesn't really suit them. At least a couple of tables of their fans at hospitality - they were so disappointed they missed last orders.

We're on our way

26 minutes ago, renfrew said:

I wouldn't say it was ground out. We won by being the best team for nearly all of the game and having patient while waiting for our 1st goal.

Yes maybe not the best choice of words but it felt attritional despite us being easily the better team . Dunfermline were dogged and hard to break down was what I was getting at but to win a championship these are the hard yards so to speak. A well earned as well as well deserved three points

27 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Great result and performance.
Patience was required but really only one team in it.
Flynn motm for me, but Mullen and both smiths played very well. McGinn usual performance and Gary Mac was also great.
Can't believe the ref decided that the penalty wasn't a straight red.
Dunfermline decided to sit back and play on the break which doesn't really suit them. At least a couple of tables of their fans at hospitality - they were so disappointed they missed last orders.

We're on our way

Can only presume that the ref rated it as a genuine attempt to play the ball which would only be a yellow if the penalty is awarded under the rules. Either that or he bottled it knowing it was going to be a second yellow meaning a red. 

Some decent play today although the final crossing at times let us down.

The West stand assistant was a complete bewilderment at times today. How standing so close to things and manage consistently to get so may wrong was unbelievable.

46 minutes ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

Can only presume that the ref rated it as a genuine attempt to play the ball which would only be a yellow if the penalty is awarded under the rules. Either that or he bottled it knowing it was going to be a second yellow meaning a red. 

Some decent play today although the final crossing at times let us down.

The West stand assistant was a complete bewilderment at times today. How standing so close to things and manage consistently to get so may wrong was unbelievable.

agreed how he never spotted Reilly being offside when we nipped the ball off one of their defenders in the second half despite him being clearly 3 or 4 feet wrong side and right in front of him was a total mystery. He wasn't biased just thoroughly useless.