QOS V St Mirren 17.3.18

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

He's probably either looking at the pictures or at the children's books asking the kids to read him a story.

Totally obsessed , even when he is ignoring me . :wub:

9 hours ago, renfrew said:

Excellent highlights by QOTS and 4 good goals in the game.  I thought Eckersley yellow could have been a red if we had an other ref on the day since he was late into the challenge. Great to see the happiness in the players faces when they are celebrating with the fans. Wish our game with Falkirk was still on next week :(

Was a clever/cynical foul from Eckersley. If the boy had got past him we were in big trouble so wiping him out was the right, if not the sporting, option. He probably knew he was about to get hooked due to injury so from that point of view it was ideal he was the one making the challenge.

When I'm sitting in the press box at Palmerston I love when we score into the end the Queens fans are behind because either it takes a few seconds for the cheers to reach me or I know before the rest of the fans we've scored. Saturday was a case in point, there seemed a good few seconds from knowing Mullen had scored to hearing the roars. The sound for the second and third goals was awesome as well :)

55 minutes ago, Stu said:

Was a clever/cynical foul from Eckersley. If the boy had got past him we were in big trouble so wiping him out was the right, if not the sporting, option. He probably knew he was about to get hooked due to injury so from that point of view it was ideal he was the one making the challenge.

When I'm sitting in the press box at Palmerston I love when we score into the end the Queens fans are behind because either it takes a few seconds for the cheers to reach me or I know before the rest of the fans we've scored. Saturday was a case in point, there seemed a good few seconds from knowing Mullen had scored to hearing the roars. The sound for the second and third goals was awesome as well :)

Eckersley was “robust “ in his challenge and deserved a yellow. Others who suggest red ? Nah !  

Rankines clatter on Morgan at 3-1 was every bit as premeditated as Eckersley but didn’t even warrant a wagged finger from the ref ( who otherwise had a really good game ) 

How much does a PDE  cost these days ? Would think more fans than not can afford £1.00 a week as you will know Gary there is a lot more on Buddie Vision than just the game.                                                                                                                                                        . Div idea of it being included with the season ticket is a great idea. 
How would I know. I'm totally against buddievison it's elitist and I don't buy PRE.

How much does a PDE  cost these days ? Would think more fans than not can afford £1.00 a week as you will know Gary there is a lot more on Buddie Vision than just the game.                                                                                                                                                        . Div idea of it being included with the season ticket is a great idea. 
PDE = 50p

I must be in a minority of one but thought the QOS pitch was fine and suited us.

Better than the bogs of surfaces we have played on recently, including ours, with the weather and time of year. Definitely better for Lewis Morgan who was back to his best.

Great place to visit Dumfries, will miss it next season.

9 hours ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

I must be in a minority of one but thought the QOS pitch was fine and suited us.

Better than the bogs of surfaces we have played on recently, including ours, with the weather and time of year. Definitely better for Lewis Morgan who was back to his best.

Great place to visit Dumfries, will miss it next season.

Minority of two.  Would far rather watch a game on an artificial surface than one played on the bog that was Livingston’s pitch.

1 hour ago, scottd said:

Minority of two.  Would far rather watch a game on an artificial surface than one played on the bog that was Livingston’s pitch.

Artificial pitches per se, for youth football etc aren't a bad thing, but the ones we have at the professional get absolutely hammered by the clubs, to make more revenue, so they seem to degrade quite quickly and become absolutely shite.

I used to be in favour of them but that opinion has long since changed. Long live Tommy Doc and his bowling green park!

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

It was tongue in cheek. The nearest it gets is the fact there's Astroturf around the edges of the pitch. The pitch is in one helluva state at the moment.

You need to work on that. :P

Helluva state is probably an overstatement.

Depends what you're comparing it to, early season, more than likely, at this stage of the season, compared to the "good old days" I would suggest not the disaster some make out. 

I was sure I had read that previously as well. Can't remember if it was yourself or another bud that corrected me. Especially when I read the cost involved for a hybrid pitch. [emoji33]
Was there not work done on the goal areas, mainly 6 yrd box to put in hybrid material? Whole pitch is definitely not.

2 hours ago, paul torfason said:

need a bit of help here,other half booked holiday 18 months ago and now il b in Lanzarote when we play Morton,absolute bummer,so how do a get game on my tablet?as never used this service cos am usually at game,do a have to sign up etc??thanks

It's quite a complicated procedure getting signed up.

You'd be much easier ditching yer Mrs.