Marc McAusland

21 minutes ago, shull said:

Always felt Mark was chased out the club by a small majority on his back turns out he was carrying a injury his last season with us. Good to read he has found happiness and doing well. 

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Always felt Mark was chased out the club by a small majority on his back turns out he was carrying a injury his last season with us. Good to read he has found happiness and doing well. 

Chased out?

the way I saw it was his contract was up, he wasnt looking to get it renewed as he had his eyes on a lucrative  deal abroad that never panned out. Happy he is happy.

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Chased out?

the way I saw it was his contract was up, he wasnt looking to get it renewed as he had his eyes on a lucrative  deal abroad that never panned out. Happy he is happy.

You obviously did not know he was on £96, 014 a week remember all that nonsense.  

31 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You obviously did not know he was on £96, 014 a week remember all that nonsense.  

I think that was all tounge in cheek, the unhelpful issue for McCausland was the way his dad operated on the board. And reading that item he alludes to that. If he us back to full form and fitness he would get a great welcome if he chose to comeback? We could be in the market for an established centre back next season!

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think that was all tounge in cheek, the unhelpful issue for McCausland was the way his dad operated on the board. And reading that item he alludes to that. If he us back to full form and fitness he would get a great welcome if he chose to comeback? We could be in the market for an established centre back next season!

I don't think there's any chance whatsoever that Cheesy would have any desire to come back to us. He still attends his fair share as a supporter when he's over here but I've heard folk who are very close to him saying that door is firmly closed and will remain so. 

And who could blame the guy? Some of the shite he took in his time here was dreadful, especially given his love for the club and the fact he was a good enough player. 

14 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I don't think there's any chance whatsoever that Cheesy would have any desire to come back to us. He still attends his fair share as a supporter when he's over here but I've heard folk who are very close to him saying that door is firmly closed and will remain so. 

And who could blame the guy? Some of the shite he took in his time here was dreadful, especially given his love for the club and the fact he was a good enough player. 

Well if he feels he's too precious to don the stripes again its most definitely his loss. Thanks for tbe fish,  Cheesy.

• 1 month later...

According to Steven Thompson's column in yesterday's Herald, after a game when Tommy Craig was in charge Cheesy swung a punch at one of our players - only to miss and end up hitting Jim Goodwin instead.

Putting aside the fact he seems to have hit Goodwin and lived, who do folk reckon he was trying to hit? Would have been the first half of 2014/15 so you're looking at guys like Marwood, Plummer and Ball as possibilities.

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

According to Steven Thompson's column in yesterday's Herald, after a game when Tommy Craig was in charge Cheesy swung a punch at one of our players - only to miss and end up hitting Jim Goodwin instead.

Putting aside the fact he seems to have hit Goodwin and lived, who do folk reckon he was trying to hit? Would have been the first half of 2014/15 so you're looking at guys like Marwood, Plummer and Ball as possibilities.

I’m sure there’s a joke to be made about any St Mirren player who couldnae’ hit a team-mate from one yard. Was there a coo’ and a banjo anywhere near when you need them?

2 hours ago, Stu said:

I'm trying to remember any wee snivelling players we had that season who may have been worth bursting ? Gregg Wylde ?