What happens when The Buds is Bought

Kombibuddie

If anyone is feeling just a wee bit too happy with their life I suggest they have a read through this thread. We don't get the St Moan reputation from nothing after all :lol:

All the items discussed face every club not just in the country but in the world. SMISA/ Fan ownership running the club is not fundamentally different from GS , SG or anyone else running the club. All clubs should live within their means, spend what they make on the running (and also the growing of the club) Yes decisions will have to be made in the future about potential loans of funds, savings of funds and activity that could increase the standing of St Mirren football club but that's part and parcel of football. It's not doom and gloom situation, we'll have a plan in place for a board and a chairman going forward to make our decisions (in partnership with fans which is the main fundamental difference of fan ownership) as we do now. 

In regards to the £2 and fans financial commitments over and above the BAU (tickets/ merch, etc.) That's all a bonus  above the normal running of a club, if fans are willing to continue it great, if not it'll be same situation as vast majority of other clubs. 

Chill! 

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

If anyone is feeling just a wee bit too happy with their life I suggest they have a read through this thread. We don't get the St Moan reputation from nothing after all :lol:

All the items discussed face every club not just in the country but in the world. SMISA/ Fan ownership running the club is not fundamentally different from GS , SG or anyone else running the club. All clubs should live within their means, spend what they make on the running (and also the growing of the club) Yes decisions will have to be made in the future about potential loans of funds, savings of funds and activity that could increase the standing of St Mirren football club but that's part and parcel of football. It's not doom and gloom situation, we'll have a plan in place for a board and a chairman going forward to make our decisions (in partnership with fans which is the main fundamental difference of fan ownership) as we do now. 

In regards to the £2 and fans financial commitments over and above the BAU (tickets/ merch, etc.) That's all a bonus  above the normal running of a club, if fans are willing to continue it great, if not it'll be same situation as vast majority of other clubs. 

Chill! 

Yup and so everyone should just pack up, dig in and shit up...right! You're on a forum, discussions happen on them...

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that I still don't understand :

A The deal to buy the club.

B The involvement  of fans in decision making now.

C The involvement of fans in decision making post purchase.

D Future sources of Capital for development of the ground etc.

For these reasons,  I have still not signed up. Now some may well think that all has been made clear. However myself and my two sons each run separate businesses and have done for many years.  

I do buy a season ticket, I have joined the 1877 Club and I like the work that has gone into St Mirren TV and Buddievision. I also like the facilities for disabled fans in the main stand and of course love the performance of the management and players right now. 

How about an information and recruitment drive to bring on board the yet to be convinced among us?

13 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I have to say that I still don't understand :

A The deal to buy the club.

B The involvement  of fans in decision making now.

C The involvement of fans in decision making post purchase.

D Future sources of Capital for development of the ground etc.

For these reasons,  I have still not signed up. Now some may well think that all has been made clear. However myself and my two sons each run separate businesses and have done for many years.  

I do buy a season ticket, I have joined the 1877 Club and I like the work that has gone into St Mirren TV and Buddievision. I also like the facilities for disabled fans in the main stand and of course love the performance of the management and players right now. 

How about an information and recruitment drive to bring on board the yet to be convinced among us?

A - Pay our money every month at X point in time we buy out a proportion of the club at Y point we buy out Gordon Scott. All will happen within the 10 year period providing monthly commitments stay above the required level (ahead of plan currently) Not sure of exact dates but that's down to us paying ahead of plan. 

B - None, however we currently have a SMISA representative on the board and various other people to give input. Ultimately decision making currently sits with majority shareholder, as it should do. 

C - Post purchase I'd imagine it will be elections to the BOD sitting for set periods of time like any other multiple ownership models.  

D - Same as every other club in the world should be doing. We spend within our means and profit gained. If any borrowing is required/ potentially beneficial to the development of the football club it would be a BOD decision and depending on the amount fans may be canvased. Most clubs these days don't have a 'sugar daddy' that can throw money at ground development/ repairs the income needs to be sourced and money needs to be saved for a rainy day (I don't think this is what the discretionary fund should be used for just FYI). We've never had a sugar daddy in our history so fan ownership won't be different. 

I don't fully understand the concerns around raising capital that some fans have shown. Fan owned clubs are no different from firm/ individual owned clubs, for the most part. They're ran as businesses for the profit of the owners/ at cost (we'll be at cost) 

I would love to see further recruitment drives, a proper Q&A session for example. I've heard from SMISA they apparently have done stuff like this and had sign-up forms handed out etc. I've never seen any of it and I'm a SMISA member + season ticket holder so it makes me think there are likely a lot of fans that haven't signed up that also haven't seen it. 

Edited by bazil85