Prize Money

Does anyone know what the Prize money is for the Championship this year ?

I can only find that Rangers got £474k 2 seasons ago for winning the Championship

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-premiership-prize-money-who-7831218

Just thinking ahead to our likely tilt at the Premiership next year and what funds, if any Jack could expect during summer ..

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Does anyone know what the Prize money is for the Championship this year ?

I can only find that Rangers got £474k 2 seasons ago for winning the Championship

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-premiership-prize-money-who-7831218

Just thinking ahead to our likely tilt at the Premiership next year and what funds, if any Jack could expect during summer ..

I'm surprise the winner gets that much money for this league :o   Wonder how much out of that will the club pay the staff in bonuses if we win the league ?

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Could be a thread for Ricky. 

S T E A D Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o:o

6 minutes ago, renfrew said:

I'm surprise the winner gets that much money for this league :o   Wonder how much out of that will the club pay the staff in bonuses if we win the league ?

So am I, i thought it was about 250k. GS was saying he wants us a 5M turnover club, so if you get say 1.5M for finishing 7th, Gate Money, TV Money and we are already at 2.6M, surely tis is extremely doable next season, WHEN ( Not if) we go up

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Agreed.

The more points you have the more money you get. Let's say Celtic reached the champions final and Aberdeen reached the Europa final then a bigger pay out goes to clubs. Sky  & BT  pay the governing body money to screen games. Sponsorship pay the governing body also. Once that total is added up then its  split between clubs. So in actual fact it could be a different total season to season/ that's what is meant by no idea  

Taken from the STV site last year (apr17)so i would imagine broadly similar this year

The rest of the SPFL

A total of 82.3% of the total SPFL prize pot is shared by Premiership clubs, leaving £3.75m to be shared amongst the other 30 teams.

The Championship winners pocket the highest amount, taking in £474,450. The teams taking part in the play-offs receive £400,900, £337,600 and £274,300 for finishing second, third and fourth respectively.

The winners of League One get £105,500, while the champions of League Two earn £56,970.

18 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The more points you have the more money you get. Let's say Celtic reached the champions final and Aberdeen reached the Europa final then a bigger pay out goes to clubs. Sky  & BT  pay the governing body money to screen games. Sponsorship pay the governing body also. Once that total is added up then its  split between clubs. So in actual fact it could be a different total season to season/ that's what is meant by no idea  

Your last 2 words would have sufficed :P

21 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Wrang. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Taken from the STV site last year (apr17)so i would imagine broadly similar this year

The rest of the SPFL

A total of 82.3% of the total SPFL prize pot is shared by Premiership clubs, leaving £3.75m to be shared amongst the other 30 teams.

The Championship winners pocket the highest amount, taking in £474,450. The teams taking part in the play-offs receive £400,900, £337,600 and £274,300 for finishing second, third and fourth respectively.

The winners of League One get £105,500, while the champions of League Two earn £56,970.

2 minutes ago, zico said:

Your last 2 words would have sufficed :P

^^^^^^^^ What he said. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, ok. :1eye

lets simplify it just for you. 1/ The more points you have determines your league position. 2/ Depending the governing body's income / as I explained  above income can very from season to season. = split between clubs. Hope that helps :rolleyes: 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

lets simplify it just for you. 1/ The more points you have determines your league position. 2/ Depending the governing body's income / as I explained  above income can very from season to season. = split between clubs. Hope that helps :rolleyes: 

Nice attempt..............fail. :1eye

It is a fair thought wondering how much we will get as champions...

There will be many factors, affecting our finances like what players we lose or sell and who is available and keen to join us... etc. etc.

Big deal is signing players who are fit and able to improve us sufficiently. So that we do well and get established in the league where we belong...

It is a huge task - but having J, J and the current crop of director, we have a really decent chance...

Bottom line is we need to capture so prospects who have real improving talent and who are the perfect fit for where we will be...

We don't need to win the Premiership in 2019 (sorry Tony) but we need to be secure in it..

11 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

It is a fair thought wondering how much we will get as champions...

There will be many factors, affecting our finances like what players we lose or sell and who is available and keen to join us... etc. etc.

Big deal is signing players who are fit and able to improve us sufficiently. So that we do well and get established in the league where we belong...

It is a huge task - but having J, J and the current crop of director, we have a really decent chance...

Bottom line is we need to capture so prospects who have real improving talent and who are the perfect fit for where we will be...

We don't need to win the Premiership in 2019 (sorry Tony) but we need to be secure in it..

Eh? :P

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Eh? :P

What don't you get? I will try to spell it out  -

1. Fans are wondering how much money we will get for winning the championship? However, there are many other factors like we might sell a player or 2 and have more money or how many players will be offloaded or not re-sign - this will affect the spending of whatever budget we have - i.e. is the remaining budget for 6 players or 10 etc...

2. We don't have money to burn - so spending it well is essential. There are no guarantees but getting the right fit of player on our budget is a mixture of the skill of our management and a bit of who is available and also a wee bit of luck. (will the signings fit in well, will they be fully fit, will they hit the ground running or not?) Management took a fairly high risk in people like Davis previously - I am not complaining about that - but he was missing for a chunk of the season and it has worked out - will it work out next time with other players?

3. We want to do well in the Premiership and remain there - we belong in the top league

4. We are a great team in a division that is a chunk below the standard of the Premiership - the Premiership is a big step up... the task ahead is a big ask - but we have good management in place currently - so we have a real chance.. (Look at how Hibs and Rangers bought in much better players when they were promoted - on much bigger budgets)

5. We are unlikely to sign players on £8,000 a week - so we need some younger prospects who are ripe for this challenge - lads who are ready and able to improve quickly - guys who are heading for better things in the mix of new signings. i.e. not too many has-beens or players who have a track record of relegation..

6. Despite Tony's confidence that we will win the Premiership next year - I think it might take us a few seasons longer than this..

Hope this is clearer and sorry that it wasn't before - I was multitasking and typing it while I was doing something more important.

Any questions - just ask?

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

What don't you get? I will try to spell it out  -

1. Fans are wondering how much money we will get for winning the championship? However, there are many other factors like we might sell a player or 2 and have more money or how many players will be offloaded or not re-sign - this will affect the spending of whatever budget we have - i.e. is the remaining budget for 6 players or 10 etc...

2. We don't have money to burn - so spending it well is essential. There are no guarantees but getting the right fit of player on our budget is a mixture of the skill of our management and a bit of who is available and also a wee bit of luck. (will the signings fit in well, will they be fully fit, will they hit the ground running or not?) Management took a fairly high risk in people like Davis previously - I am not complaining about that - but he was missing for a chunk of the season and it has worked out - will it work out next time with other players?

3. We want to do well in the Premiership and remain there - we belong in the top league

4. We are a great team in a division that is a chunk below the standard of the Premiership - the Premiership is a big step up... the task ahead is a big ask - but we have good management in place currently - so we have a real chance.. (Look at how Hibs and Rangers bought in much better players when they were promoted - on much bigger budgets)

5. We are unlikely to sign players on £8,000 a week - so we need some younger prospects who are ripe for this challenge - lads who are ready and able to improve quickly - guys who are heading for better things in the mix of new signings. i.e. not too many has-beens or players who have a track record of relegation..

6. Despite Tony's confidence that we will win the Premiership next year - I think it might take us a few seasons longer than this..

Hope this is clearer and sorry that it wasn't before - I was multitasking and typing it while I was doing something more important.

Any questions - just ask?

What a novel :snore

Stopped reading after " WE BELONG IN THE TOP LEAGUE "  :lol:

Just now, shull said:

What a novel :snore

Stopped reading after " WE BELONG IN THE TOP LEAGUE "  :lol:

Put me on ignore if you like... at least I don't post reams of drivel

e.g. the goalie is pish,

Jack didnae put out a strong team in the cup..

blah blah hundreds of time - just so we get it....