Possible TV re-schedules..?

I see on the online ticket site our home game against Falkirk on Tuesday night 17/4 is onsale, but the home games against Livi on the 14/4 and Morton 21/4 arent onsale yet. Holding back sales till the telly bods decide if they want to cover them?

buds may want to keep there travel/accommodation plans flexible until the tickets go on sale!

Edited by Lord Pityme

5 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Can't see them being allowed to change the fixture date now. Is it not something like 6 weeks notice for the TV companies to pick their games for league fixtures.

There are no games scheduled yet in Scotland past 8/4 for TV. So yes they can and at least one i reckon will be moved for telly.

I take it it's safe now to book Inverness for the 31st. I've been holding back in case it got changed to the Friday and I've already been humped several times for pre-booking hotels which have had to be changed.

Pain in the tonsils!

Fixture lists should be written in stone at the start of the season and TV companies made to work around them. Not the other way round.

:argue:  :fire:fire2:hammer

12 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I take it it's safe now to book Inverness for the 31st. I've been holding back in case it got changed to the Friday and I've already been humped several times for pre-booking hotels which have had to be changed.

Pain in the tonsils!

Fixture lists should be written in stone at the start of the season and TV companies made to work around them. Not the other way round.

:argue:  :fire:fire2:hammer

BT and Sky each have a game scheduled that weekend.

Alba currently have nothing scheduled..!

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

BT and Sky each have a game scheduled that weekend.

Alba currently have nothing scheduled..!

That's the problem. Booking anything is a minefield. Your point about Falkirk is valid but as that was meant to be our next home game it might just be those tickets were already set up to be printed.  A quick call to the printer and a date change.  Then again!!!!! A total inconvenience that we cant buy tickets for the Livi and Morton Games yet. 

I thought Football fans were to be encouraged to plan ahead and not just turn up on the day on a whim. No wonder crowds are sh................. when you can't even plan ahead.

Don't turn up without a ticket.      Can't buy a match/train ticket or book a hotel in case the date is changed. Fecking nonsense.

The price of success I suppose. 

Still match and train tickets booked for Saturday.

We're on our way

:bounce4:bounce3:bounce2:bounce1 

and I'm lovin it.

19 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

That's the problem. Booking anything is a minefield. Your point about Falkirk is valid but as that was meant to be our next home game it might just be those tickets were already set up to be printed.  A quick call to the printer and a date change.  Then again!!!!! A total inconvenience that we cant buy tickets for the Livi and Morton Games yet. 

I thought Football fans were to be encouraged to plan ahead and not just turn up on the day on a whim. No wonder crowds are sh................. when you can't even plan ahead.

Don't turn up without a ticket.      Can't buy a match/train ticket or book a hotel in case the date is changed. Fecking nonsense.

The price of success I suppose. 

Still match and train tickets booked for Saturday.

We're on our way

:bounce4:bounce3:bounce2:bounce1 

and I'm lovin it.

The falkirk game is twice rescheduled already, it will have to be midweek now, and they are at best looking for a play off so no chance for Tv. Wheras Livi our nearest rival for the title, and Morton local derby and in a play off spot are weekend games that can be moved for Tv.

i know its pants, you could miss out on better deals booking ahead. My oldest is coming up for the Morton game so we arranged a Thursday to Tuesday weekend to try and cover all bases.

edit: forgot to add away games at Inverness, Brechin and Falkirk could all still be. Moved for telly, as well as the Livi and Morton home games. Worth thinking flexibly.

Edited by Lord Pityme

2 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Heavy snow forecast Friday night into Saturday for the Dumfries area.

You're pulling my leg but I just read in the Dumfries Daily that this Saturday is national temperance day in the borders and that to combat the alcohol abuse generated by the Irish on this day all pubs, offsales and alcohol outlets will be closed south of Moffat. All bye laws regarding carry outs will be enforced and carrying sheleighly's will be frowned upon.

Spoiler

17th March is ST Paddy's Day the anniversary of Saint Mirren winning the League Cup. Now that's worth a pint or two. Pity the game might be snowed off.

Us Jersey chaps have already booked flights and hotel for Morton game, so I fully expect it to be changed.

Covered all the bases for the ICT game when booking that trip in case they changed that, staying in Inverness Friday-Monday, but that won’t be changed from the Saturday now. 

Lost count of the amount of times I’ve been caught out over the years, probably the worst one was when we agreed  to Aberdeen’s request of a late postponement for a midweek game a few seasons ago, lost over £380 on flights and hotels.

Edited by Jimmy H

For any Buds staying over in Inverness or at least not rushing off after the game, I’d recommend heading straight to The Gellions in Bridge Street. Jimmy H and I will definitely be heading there to watch the resident band Schiehallion. Superb Scottish folk band and the place is usually bouncing when they are on (they usually start about 5.30/6.00).

Please ignore this advice if you are of a unionist persuasion. :lol:

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2