Summer Transfer Window

Sweeper07

Heading today - Hearts: Craig Levein looking to sign up to 10 players in summer

Then I realised that we would likely be doing something similar yet again. (Of course going up is part of that, but I think it would be required anyway)

I could easily list 10 I think that will be away and there are others who might not re-sign..

Hope J and J have a good list of potential signings and a number already lined up....

I would love to think we would get some real talents signed on for a bit longer term, but you can understand the caution for that strategy...

Edited by Sweeper07

We had a  opposite problem last year- with a chance of us going 3rd tier rather than 1st ( again showing what a job Jack has done)

Players have a lot to play for............ that why we will keep winning. We have the biggest incentive and the players know it.................

Think we all agree if we field our current team week in week out in the Premiership we will really struggle..... but we don't have a big budget

So I can see, some good Championship players, some good Tier 4  English potential, and maybe some Premiership squad players being in the frame..

We can really help by season ticket sales and showing support.....

Think we have learned we cant go up cheap, and the days of SG are long gone. Jack, within reason, will get what he wants, to push us to safety, top six , and then who knows, the mid 80s standards of top 5, cup semis , Europe and silly hairdos

11 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

We had a  opposite problem last year- with a chance of us going 3rd tier rather than 1st ( again showing what a job Jack has done)

Players have a lot to play for............ that why we will keep winning. We have the biggest incentive and the players know it.................

Think we all agree if we field our current team week in week out in the Premiership we will really struggle..... but we don't have a big budget

So I can see, some good Championship players, some good Tier 4  English potential, and maybe some Premiership squad players being in the frame..

Think we have learned we cant go up cheap, and the days of SG are long gone. Jack, within reason, will get what he wants, to push us to safety, top six , and then who knows, the mid 80s standards of top 5, cup semis , Europe and silly hairdos

With you on this one - particularly  season ticket sales. 5000 and we can motor on. 

19 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

With you on this one - particularly  season ticket sales. 5000 and we can motor on. 

That was exactly the number I had in mind Ricky

At present we have 4200  Saints fans turning up. I would hope going up will get some more out of retirement , and younger fans

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

EXCELLENT POST - Level headed and broad..

Professionals know that they are always playing for their next contract anyway - the good ones do it well...

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

EXCELLENT POST - Level headed and broad..

Professionals know that they are always playing for their next contract anyway - the good ones do it well...

I am only 14000 behind Shull and FAS in excellent posts allegedly   :whistle

Edited by DougJamie

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

At present we have 4200  Saints fans turning up. I would hope going up will get some more out of retirement , and younger fans

My grandson lives in Edinburgh but is going to Strathclyde University after the summer.  His birthday present in July will be...... You've guessed it.  A season ticket.  That's one more than last year on the way. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

My grandson lives in Edinburgh but is going to Strathclyde University after the summer.  His birthday present in July will be...... You've guessed it.  A season ticket.  That's one more than last year on the way. 

Lucky Boy!!!

We better have a good season or your going to get it tight :D

21 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I'll be able to buy one for the first time in years, work has meant I've had to miss the odd game in recent seasons, so it wasn't value for money for me. All changed now though, so we're now at least +2!

Edited by Saint Garf

Unfortunately I'm giving up my season ticket 1 or two home games a season can't justify it. I will keep the SMISA membership and 1877 just for the couple of games I get to. Also yearly subscription to buddie vision so I can watch the whole game the next day. So I will still feel part of St Mirren. 

9 hours ago, Jaybee65 said:

Only get to 5 or 6 home games a season but still buy my season ticket, won't give up my season ticket though. It's my way of still feeling part of St.Mirren wether I am there or not

What is the expected price of the Premiership season tickets? Will there be restrictions if we advance in the cup or will we remain good guys? Based on a likely increase of pay at the gate prices - How many games will be break even on a season ticket?

6 hours ago, smitchu2 said:

What is the expected price of the Premiership season tickets? Will there be restrictions if we advance in the cup or will we remain good guys? Based on a likely increase of pay at the gate prices - How many games will be break even on a season ticket?

Probably be  about £22 for the lowest category match , usually  3  A,B and C and season ticket about £310 or cheaper this season dependent on when bought . next season maybe £20 rise.

Edited by linwood buddie

On Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 9:04 PM, SaintGlenburn said:

Im not a season ticket holder and it would be worth my while and save me money so ill be looking for a good seat to call my own next season.

Good thought. 

As an over 65 I get what I think is a good deal. Leaving price aside for a moment the only way to be sure I can attend games against the bigger teams is to have a season ticket. Any increase in cost is ,if you like, the price of success.

On 15/03/2018 at 3:28 PM, DougJamie said:

You expect almost a 20% increase? 

Only two chances, unlikely and you're in dreamland.

What was our attendances last time in the big league?

I don't see it bring anything like the attraction that you and some others seem to think.

Time will tell. 

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You expect almost a 20% increase? 

Only two chances, unlikely and you're in dreamland.

What was our attendances last time in the big league?

I don't see it bring anything like the attraction that you and some others seem to think.

Time will tell. 

Time will tell indeed. I sense a bit of the Scotsman in Dad's Army there Faraway and can almost hear him say We're Doomed as he relentlessly looked on the pessimistic side of every situation.

Reasons for buying a season ticket for me include:

I already buy one.

The top teams will be coming to Paisley 

The top players will be coming to Paisley

Without one I may not be able to get a ticket for a number of the bigger games.

Without one I may not be able to get a ticket for some cup games.

Prices set by the club have encouraged older,  younger and families as well as groups to attend. All of which I like.

Note: It costs me as much in fuel to go to a game in Paisley as the cost of entrance. Most fans who attend are, I think local. 

Edited by St.Ricky

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Time will tell indeed. I sense a bit of the Scotsman in Dad's Army there Faraway and can almost hear him say We're Doomed as he relentlessly looked on the pessimistic side of every situation.

Reasons for buying a season ticket for me include:

I already buy one.

The top teams will be coming to Paisley 

The top players will be coming to Paisley

Without one I may not be able to get a ticket for a number of the bigger games.

Without one I may not be able to get a ticket for some cup games.

Prices set by the club have encouraged older,  younger and families as well as groups to attend. All of which I like.

Note: It costs me as much in fuel to go to a game in Paisley as the cost of entrance. Most fans who attend are, I think local. 

Time for you to have your medication reduced, too much opium based drugs make you hallucinate.

Your basing your opinion on airy fairy ideas which you seem to think a revolutionary.:lol:

I'm basing mine on facts.

As I've mentioned, there was a good thread sometime ago which went into this on some detail.

No real increase this season when we're flying high,  next season is likely to be a slog which could see a decrease, before you take into account price increases.  

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Time for you to have your medication reduced, too much opium based drugs make you hallucinate.

Your basing your opinion on airy fairy ideas which you seem to think a revolutionary.:lol:

I'm basing mine on facts.

As I've mentioned, there was a good thread sometime ago which went into this on some detail.

No real increase this season when we're flying high,  next season is likely to be a slog which could see a decrease, before you take into account price increases.  

No airy fairy ideas. Simple. We are stepping up a league. It is a more attractive proposition.