Summer Transfer Window

Sweeper07

3 hours ago, melmac said:

Need to be more than 2 or 3 I suspect.

With respect to Reilly, I wonder if he has signed a pre-contract with someone and that is why he's been off the boil / benched, would make sense if that is why we signed Mullen.

Or could be that the players that were brought in in January with a view to the Premiership i.e Mullen is playing better than Reilly and taken his place ?

Similar to McKenzie coming back to fitness and taking Baird's place and Flynn coming in, MacGennis moving to the middle and McShane dropping out ?

If Gavin Reilly has signed a pca with Motherwell then so be it I think we'll be just fine with a few more additions.

If he has signed a pca with Motherwell I would assume he thinks Jack Ross will leave, otherwise he's making the wrong move

Edited by lenziebud

Concerned that our top goal scorer might feel he has been sidelined and indeed looking to pastures new. Seen a look on him when he's been subbed of 'ffs' and have to agree with him in most case there were others more deserving to be hooked. And given he's been benched to let Mullen get match fitness that might have been the straw that broke the camels back.

damn shame if he goes.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Concerned that our top goal scorer might feel he has been sidelined and indeed looking to pastures new. Seen a look on him when he's been subbed of 'ffs' and have to agree with him in most case there were others more deserving to be hooked. And given he's been benched to let Mullen get match fitness that might have been the straw that broke the camels back.

damn shame if he goes.

I'm not 100% convinced that Jack Ross sees him as his number 1 striker for next season ?

3 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Was mentioned in Hospitality last night that rumour is he has signed pca with Motherwell. 

I'm still not convinced he will score a lot of goals at a higher level 11 league goals in an attacking team running away with the league is hardly prolific. Motherwell ? Would not be surprised but is it a step up ? 

3 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I'm not 100% convinced that Jack Ross sees him as his number 1 striker for next season ?

Then unless he's got another twenty odd goal a season man lined up he is a fool! Mullen should have had three last night, but didnt, he hasnt got Reilly's eye, tenacity and sheer pain in the ass movement to get anywhere near Reilly's scoring rate.

i detect in Ross's interviews he is trying to convince us, and himself that Mullen is 'the guy', now he has had a run in the team we can see he just isnt an out and out poacher and drifts(is played) wide meaning Smith is the main striker, but he hasnt got that Reilly touch either. It will be a real let down if Reilly walks to a rival when he has done so well, and we can afford to match the type of club who may take him.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

damn shame if he goes.

I believe the player himself wanted a one year deal when he signed so perhaps he has been looking for those pastures new from the get go. Surely Jack is right to play a player (Mullen) who has committed himself to the club rather than one who doesnt know where his future lies ?

FWIW, ive stated previously i saw Reilly as a meh signing and am delighted to have been proved wrong.  I hope he stays and i would like to think the club would offer a deal but we cant force players to stay. 

10 minutes ago, Yflab said:

IMO We won’t be able to match Motherwells offer.

Don't think Jack Ross will try. He's a brilliant judge of players IMO and has subtely made changes in key positions to strengthen the team. 

Sells it as "great contribution needing a rest". He knows exactly what he is doing.  

Biggest problem is we won't keep Jack Ross

Edited by lenziebud

1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

Don't think Jack Ross will try. He's a brilliant judge of players IMO and has subtley made changes in key positions to strengthen the team. 

Sells it as "great contribution needing a rest". He knows exactly what he is doing.  

Biggest problem is we won't keep Jack Ross

:( You could well be right. :(  

43 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I believe the player himself wanted a one year deal when he signed so perhaps he has been looking for those pastures new from the get go. Surely Jack is right to play a player (Mullen) who has committed himself to the club rather than one who doesnt know where his future lies ?

FWIW, ive stated previously i saw Reilly as a meh signing and am delighted to have been proved wrong.  I hope he stays and i would like to think the club would offer a deal but we cant force players to stay. 

More than one way to look at it from the players perspective... probably opted for a one year deal as we didnt look like automatic promotion candidates, and naturally felt he has enough to play in the Prem? 

Ross has committed himself to Mullen, who lets be honest is a championship level player, wheras Reilly will get a gig with someone in the Prem. i wondered about Reilly when we signed him, but Ross knew him and unearthed here a real star. I think Mullen will always be a trier, but not in the same league as Reilly.

not aimed at you, but its telling there were people suggesting Morgan had chucked it a couple of weeks ago and should be dropped, now its Reilly who is attracting tbe same level of stupidity. Those two players we would not be gaining automatic promotion without..!

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

More than one way to look at it from the players perspective... probably opted for a one year deal as we didnt look like automatic promotion candidates, and naturally felt he has enough to play in the Prem? 

Ross has committed himself to Mullen, who lets be honest is a championship level player, wheras Reilly will get a gig with someone in the Prem. i wondered about Reilly when we signed him, but Ross knew him and unearthed here a real star. I think Mullen will always be a trier, but not in the same league as Reilly.

not aimed at you, but its telling there were people suggesting Morgan had chucked it a couple of weeks ago and should be dropped, now its Reilly who is attracting tbe same level of stupidity. Those two players we would not be gaining automatic promotion without..!

Really,  given his gigs at Hearts and Dunfermline, I very much doubt it. I'd say he was delighted to get a deal from St Mirren.

Mullen not in the same league as Reilly, I'd very much dispute that too.

If I was a Premiership manager I wouldn't personally be looking to improve my strike force with Reilly.

As I say I don't think that JR sees him as his number one striker next season.

Will make him an offer though, that wouldn't suprise me and would probably be sensible.

Edited by lenziebud

LPM really loves pressing home the fact that he doesn't like Danny Mullen because that was his opinion of him from the off. This despite the fact that Mullen has been excellent in the last 3 games for us.

I'd love to keep Reilly. I dare say neither he nor Danny Mullen will be our first choice out-and-out centre forward option next season, though.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

LPM really loves pressing home the fact that he doesn't like Danny Mullen because that was his opinion of him from the off. This despite the fact that Mullen has been excellent in the last 3 games for us.

I'd love to keep Reilly. I dare say neither he nor Danny Mullen will be our first choice out-and-out centre forward option next season, though.

Mullen two half decent performances 

Reilly twenty goals by January 

what cant talk, cant lie..!

9 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Ok............. you heard it here first as I just made it up..... but it could happen

• We get Lewis back on loan all season
  • We get Stevie Mallan back
  • With the money from McGinns £3.5m move to Celtic we bring in two quality players, and still have 500k in Bank
  • We get Cammy Bell as Goalie
  • Celtic also give us Ralston and Hendry
  • We win the League

F*c*in' sh!te! No way will Samson be replaced!

16 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Ok............. you heard it here first as I just made it up..... but it could happen

• With the money from McGinns £3.5m move to Celtic we bring in two quality players, and still have 500k in Bank
  • We win the League

No it couldn't. You're only allowed one player on loan from a fellow Premier League club. So no chance of Morgan, Ralston and Hendry from Celtic. One of them tops.

19 hours ago, DougJamie said:

• We win the League

Thought Ralston belonged to us. :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Mullen two half decent performances 

Reilly twenty goals by January 

what cant talk, cant lie..!

How many league goals has Gavin scored genuine question ? He is a very hard worker giving us 100% no doubt about that. Mullen for me is good and coming on with every game he plays. We can't hold players that want to leave. 

32 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

How many league goals has Gavin scored genuine question ? He is a very hard worker giving us 100% no doubt about that. Mullen for me is good and coming on with every game he plays. We can't hold players that want to leave. 

Has he said he wants to leave..? All i have heard is the usual unfounded speculation 

16 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Then unless he's got another twenty odd goal a season man lined up he is a fool! Mullen should have had three last night, but didnt, he hasnt got Reilly's eye, tenacity and sheer pain in the ass movement to get anywhere near Reilly's scoring rate.

i detect in Ross's interviews he is trying to convince us, and himself that Mullen is 'the guy', now he has had a run in the team we can see he just isnt an out and out poacher and drifts(is played) wide meaning Smith is the main striker, but he hasnt got that Reilly touch either. It will be a real let down if Reilly walks to a rival when he has done so well, and we can afford to match the type of club who may take him.

Is that not part of the reason why Reilly was dropped though, out of form and no goals in the last X amount of games? You drop a player, he goes that extra mile to prove why he should be back in the starting lineup. Did himself no harm on Tuesday night with a goal within a few minutes of coming off the bench. 

I agree we should be looking to hold on to a player that has scored so many goals for at least one more season to see if he can make the step up, though there could be more to it. Agents are always involved in pushing figures and maybe we can't quite come to an agreement over valuation, or alternatively he has signed a PCA or we are holding off to see how he finishes the remaining games vs Mullen. 

Edited by kevo_smfc

2 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Is that not part of the reason why Reilly was dropped though, out of form and no goals in the last X amount of games? You drop a player, he goes that extra mile to prove why he should be back in the starting lineup. Did himself no harm on Tuesday night with a goal within a few minutes of coming off the bench. 

I agree we should be looking to hold on to a player that has scored so many goals for at least one more season to see if he can make the step up, though there could be more to it. Agents are always involved in pushing figures and maybe we can't quite come to an agreement over valuation, or alternatively he has signed a PCA or we are holding off to see how he finishes the remaining games vs Mullen. 

And theres the mis-information/smear tactic being deployed by some with no evidence whatsoever.... if Reilly had signed a PCA with someone it would have been all over here and official media sources. Ross committed himself by paying to bring Mullen in, he has put him in ahead if Reilly, and bar a couple of half decent performances in the ladt couple of games he hasnt justified that spend yet.

but Ross is talking him up, and sidelining Reilly. So if Reilly does eventually go you can understand why the lad thinks 'Wtf, even getting twenty odd goals in a half a season doesnt get you a jersey'.

if any of the stuff posted by others on here is true we are looking at starting next seadon without Reilly and of course Morgan.... thats THIRTY goals gone right there..!

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

And theres the mis-information/smear tactic being deployed by some with no evidence whatsoever.... if Reilly had signed a PCA with someone it would have been all over here and official media sources. Ross committed himself by paying to bring Mullen in, he has put him in ahead if Reilly, and bar a couple of half decent performances in the ladt couple of games he hasnt justified that spend yet.

but Ross is talking him up, and sidelining Reilly. So if Reilly does eventually go you can understand why the lad thinks 'Wtf, even getting twenty odd goals in a half a season doesnt get you a jersey'.

if any of the stuff posted by others on here is true we are looking at starting next seadon without Reilly and of course Morgan.... thats THIRTY goals gone right there..!

if the rumour is true he was offers a deal within our budget. He did not sign so agreed terms with Motherwell rumours of course. If true its all St Mirren's fault according to yourself.  What a surprise that is. I'm predicting 80 pages. 

18 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

:( You could well be right. :(  

My take on Reilly is that he was right to sign only a one year deal from his perspective. At that time we had only just missed relegation. He is sensibly nursing his options as he is entitled to do. He has been a great asset to have in his time here.

Mullan was clearly happy to sign a longer term contract with us and is getting better game by game. He has also provided competition for places with Reilly and their like for like substitutions have enabled us to keep playing at a high tempo later in games. 

Good call by the board and Jack Ross.

Assuming JR is still here next season then Gavin does have a decision to make but Saints are now covered in that position.

My opinion only.