Why are our Home & Away crowds not bigger or better this Season???

Ronnie

3 hours ago, elvis said:

Don't think we will ever get much more than we get now think it's just to expensive for most peoples pockets these days. 

Don't agree play attacking football put PR out there we as a club can grow. I have seen it grow from 2,000 to 12, 000 under Fergie . Fergie got out there in the town that's what is needed again it can be done. even  to get 1,000 extra the size of Paisley and surrounding areas. 

I know these figures are a bit out of date, but there is no way we should be trailing behind the likes of Dunfermline and (especially) Falkirk, considering the successful results we have enjoyed for the first 3 quarters of this season.

I too can remember when we were averaging around 12,000  during and shortly after the Ferguson era.

Yes, things have changed since then, but it would not be unrealistic to expect Greenhill Road to be full most weeks with home fans, if we could replicate the team of the Ferguson/McFarlane era or at least something approaching that standard. And I accept we are a bit off that at the present time.

2017/18 attendances

Ladbrokes Championship

No. Club Average Games vs '17 Highest
1 Dundee United FC 5.914 9 -10,2% 6.936
2 Dunfermline Athletic FC 5.336 9 20,2% 7.585
3 Falkirk FC 4.471 9 -11,2% 5.465
4 St. Mirren FC 3.989 9 10,8% 5.496
5 Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC 2.406 8 -39,0% 3.415
6 Greenock Morton FC 2.026 9 -14,2% 4.661
7 Queen of the South FC 1.559 8 -16,0% 2.019
8 Livingston FC 1.465 8 83,8% 2.301
9 Brechin City FC 898 10 109,5% 2.627
10 Dumbarton FC 818 9 -27,6% 1.178
. Total 2.902   -35,4%

Not sure how accurate those figs are , there was a recent Tuesday night game at Dunfermline where the official figs were over 5,000 but the regular attenders on P&B said it around 3k , and that Dunfermline do a Rangers and count season ticket holders whether they're there or not !

Dunfermline also count kids tickets they give out, whether those kids show up or not.

Those numbers mean very little.

Falkirk's crowd seemed to stick with them through their bad spell, fair play to them.

As I said we've not really had any "big" home games apart that Dundee United one which ended up being switched date and put on TV.  I'm sure the upcoming Livingston, Falkirk and Morton games will see good crowds.

I know these figures are a bit out of date, but there is no way we should be trailing behind the likes of Dunfermline and (especially) Falkirk, considering the successful results we have enjoyed for the first 3 quarters of this season.

I too can remember when we were averaging around 12,000  during and shortly after the Ferguson era.

Yes, things have changed since then, but it would not be unrealistic to expect Greenhill Road to be full most weeks with home fans, if we could replicate the team of the Ferguson/McFarlane era or at least something approaching that standard. And I accept we are a bit off that at the present time.

2017/18 attendances

Ladbrokes Championship

No. Club Average Games vs '17 Highest
1 Dundee United FC 5.914 9 -10,2% 6.936
2 Dunfermline Athletic FC 5.336 9 20,2% 7.585
3 Falkirk FC 4.471 9 -11,2% 5.465
4 St. Mirren FC 3.989 9 10,8% 5.496
5 Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC 2.406 8 -39,0% 3.415
6 Greenock Morton FC 2.026 9 -14,2% 4.661
7 Queen of the South FC 1.559 8 -16,0% 2.019
8 Livingston FC 1.465 8 83,8% 2.301
9 Brechin City FC 898 10 109,5% 2.627
10 Dumbarton FC 818 9 -27,6% 1.178
. Total 2.902   -35,4% 7.585
Falkirk and Dunfermline both benefit from playing each other as there is real hatred between them and travel in numbers. Also both benefit from big travelling Saints support.

Would be more relevant to see home support for each side with away fan numbers removed.

Not saying we shouldn't have more, but get the sense it's building slowly, which is better than rapid peaks as they tend to drop as rapidly. W7 folks are improving match day experience, as are club and SLO for family stand.

6 hours ago, Kemp said:

Dunfermline also count kids tickets they give out, whether those kids show up or not.

Those numbers mean very little.

Falkirk's crowd seemed to stick with them through their bad spell, fair play to them.

As I said we've not really had any "big" home games apart that Dundee United one which ended up being switched date and put on TV.  I'm sure the upcoming Livingston, Falkirk and Morton games will see good crowds.

Falkirk count season tickets holders as well as the Pars. We got lucky when we played Utd since if we were playing them at home now, they would be at least 1000 less of them.

1 hour ago, div said:

You can be very sure that as soon as we have the opportunity to actually win the league there will be thousands who suddenly appear from nowhere!

In a normal season I'm all for it but, in this instance, I hope the club don't give discounts.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

In a normal season I'm all for it but, in this instance, I hope the club don't give discounts.

There's no real reason to do it to be honest. Everyone loves a party, and if they want to come to this one they'll need to pay the going rate same as all us dafties that go every week whether we're winning or not!

Only thing I'd consider discounting would be kids tickets. The more of them the better, especially to see us winning something. They are our future!

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the club are considering proposals to fill in the four corners of the ground.

Does anyone know if there is any substance to this and how many extra seats we are talking about?

More than unlikely, massive cost and would be empty almost all of the time.

We can't fill the ground as it is. 

Non starter, unless your Ricky.  :wink:

Surely if we maintain the present momentum it would not be unrealistic to expect 8,000/10,000 in the SPL if we are doing well.

However, I accept that it might be too soon to take that decision to increase the stadium capacity.

But considering the population base of the Paisley area.....

Edited by northstbuddie

2 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Surely if we maintain the present momentum it would not be unrealistic to expect 8,000/10,000 in the SPL if we are doing well.

No chance mate.

We have 4000 home fans at most games just now.A successful Saints team in the Premier would maybe add on another 1000 regulars but it's not going to double our support.

I'd love to see the stadium with the corners filled in but can't see it happening.I seen a picture someone made up with the corners filled and it looks great(googled but can't find it now) but I'm afraid there's no demand for it presently.

19 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the club are considering proposals to fill in the four corners of the ground.

Does anyone know if there is any substance to this and how many extra seats we are talking about?

Cannae’ update some HoF panels in over five years to reflect the new inductees, but they’re going to fill in corners with seating?

Aye, right ye’ are.

As far as I am aware there was a proposal to potentially fill in the two corners at the away end of the stadium and also to extend the stand out to provide a permanent indoor structure where the dome is. I might be talking bollocks but I'm sure I saw that mentioned at one point.

The corners would create office space as well as providing additional seating for use on matchdays.

Perhaps all pie in the sky, dunno.