Trophy Day

I am guessing we'll be presented with the League Trophy on April 21st v Morton.

It is normally last home league game of the Season.

The Title will obviously be won many weeks before.

Open Top Bus on the Saturday night or Sunday afternoon the 22nd ?

Although, they might have the Bus Parade the following Sunday after the Falkirk game.

ANYWAY,  CANNAE FECKING WAIT :thumbs2

I wonder what team in Britain will win their respective league first.

Man City probably,they need 8 points from remaining 8 games.

Celtic need 12 points from remaining games.

Other leagues too close to call.

Good to know however, that we will be amongst the first to do it [emoji4]

Surely, even we couldn’t capitulate to such an extent not to.

16 hours ago, shull said:

I am guessing we'll be presented with the League Trophy on April 21st v Morton.

It is normally last home league game of the Season.

The Title will obviously be won many weeks before.

Open Top Bus on the Saturday night or Sunday afternoon the 22nd ?

Although, they might have the Bus Parade the following Sunday after the Falkirk game.

ANYWAY,  CANNAE FECKING WAIT :thumbs2

Surely they'll wait till after the Falkirk game so the players can celebrate properly? I think it will be most likely Saturday night so a mad rush back from Falkirk for all those who travel to the game.

23 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Surely, even we couldn’t capitulate to such an extent not to.

Well, obviously we could.  But the strength and utter dominance of the last two performances combined with how much quality we have fit and sitting on the  bench or in the stand would suggest there is very little chance of that happening.

11 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

For me , today is the day we become certainties , us getting three points for an away win , our two closest rival drawing at home , us having a massive lead already , and there's only eight games left . Really pissed off I,ll probably be in New York when we clinh it

Haha. Snap. They better hang off until Utd away at the earliest or else.......

18 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

For me , today is the day we become certainties , us getting three points for an away win , our two closest rival drawing at home , us having a massive lead already , and there's only eight games left . Really pissed off I,ll probably be in New York when we clinh it

New York can wait Menstrie !  In 1987 my wife had been ill for several years. A friend offered me the use of his villa in Portugal.  I phoned my wife and said there was to be no argument and that she was going.  I booked the flights and paid.  A couple of days later (this was before the cup semi final) I realised that if we got through to the final then I would miss it. I didn't miss the final. I gave my flight tickets and the use of the villa in Portugal to one of my managers.   No regrets.  Portugal was still there several years later when I took my wife to a nice hotel there.  No doubt others have their own stories to tell about past finals or title winning days.

Edited by St.Ricky

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

New York can wait Menston!  In 1987 my wife had been ill for several years. A friend offered me the use of his villa in Portugal.  I phoned my wife and said there was to be no argument and that she was going.  I booked the flights and paid.  A couple of days later (this was before the cup semi final) I realised that if we got through to the final then I would miss it. I didn't miss the final. I have my flight tickets and the use of the villa in Portugal to one of my managers.   No regrets.  Portugal was still there several years later when I took my wife to a nice hotel there.  No doubt others have their own stories to tell about past finals or title winning days.

Yes, I decided not to do any overtime. :)

I would expect that if we have won the league we'd get presented with the trophy at the last home game but if that's not to be then Falkirk away works for me.

I love packing out that stand and Behind The Wall is a great pre-match boozer :-)

Does anyone else have a plan for title clinching day?

As the title winning day comes a' closer so does my title winning day plan that does not differ at all from the last time when I followed exactly the steps detailed below.

I shall continue to attend the football as normal, nothing changes, wouldn't want to jinx anything now.  However when the title is clinched I shall stay and clap and scream like pre-pubescent girl at some boy band concert as our team enjoy the well deserved lap of honour.  I shall then return home as usual (although a half hour or so later due to immediate post match celebrations).  This is where my title winning planning kicks into effect.  I shall then need the following

1)  An envelope with some skimmed off pension money

2) A clean underpant (it is a special occasion)

3)  Freshly pressed trousers

4) New shirt that I bought 6 months ago and yet to wear

5) My new brown brogues (actually several years old but I only wore them to a wedding once)

7) My good tweed jacket

I shall then enjoy a very quick shower (the current wife has been briefed to be ready to assist as I cant reach certain regions anymore and I have little time to waste on this important evening) before donning the better attire before heading straight back into "the toon" I love where I shall visit various public houses singing songs and generally getting pished.  Incidentally the planning does not go much further, I accept that by closing time the clean underpants I donned will be pish stained as will my freshly pressed trouser.  I may or may not be in possession of both brogues but who cares we will have won the league.

Now should we win the league on a day we are not playing (yes it's perfectly feasible) I shall follow the same steps as above.

It also worth noting that the "guid claithes" will get an extra whirl as I have no doubt that Jack, James and his band of heroes will take a drive around the town on an open top bus (after the Morton game perhaps)?  Let us enjoy our successes when we can, let us enjoy our successes indeed.

Note:  How much is a pint these days?  I once heard a rumour of a pub charging more than £2.00.

Edited by TediousTom

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

We could get our last three Division 1 winning captains along for the day. 

TF , Tommy Turner & Andy Millen - strange that despite 29 years between titles there's only 10 years in age between TF & AM!  :nerdy

Paisley Panda could do an exorcism in the center circle to remove any traces of Morton from Turner & Millen. @Eric Arthur Blair

:toilet