Trophy Day

2 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Surely it will be the Dundee Utd game on 10th April that's live? Or could be the Falkirk game on the 17th. I can't go to Brechin if they move it to the Sunday i have a gig that night.

Who said that we are going to have a game shifted for TV?Was it not just speculation?

I reckon if any game is going to be televised it will be Livingston at home on 14th.

BT could bring it forward to the Friday night 13th, push it to lunchtime on 14th or push it to Sunday 15th.

Reason I think that is favourite, and that they have so much flexibility, is that there are no top flight games on that weekend, it's the week off before the post split games happen.

It's also by far the best bet for being the first chance we have to actually win the league.

5 minutes ago, div said:

I reckon if any game is going to be televised it will be Livingston at home on 14th.

BT could bring it forward to the Friday night 13th, push it to lunchtime on 14th or push it to Sunday 15th.

Reason I think that is favourite, and that they have so much flexibility, is that there are no top flight games on that weekend, it's the week off before the post split games happen.

It's also by far the best bet for being the first chance we have to actually win the league.

I hope so and while i would prefer Friday, i'd take Sunday.  Away games are far more likely to attract a bigger crowd from us on a Saturday.... Actually no games televised would be even better butcan't see that happening.

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Scottish cup semi finals on 14th/15th April - Motherwell/Aberdeen on Saturday lunchtime, vermin on the Sunday afternoon at 14:30 i think, both televised.

Don't think BT have any rights for Scottish Cup. Sky and the BBC will cover those.

It's BT who have rights to the Championship, along with Alba.

1 minute ago, scottd said:

Livingston game won't be on the Sunday as we play Falkirk on the Tuesday and that game has been postponed enough.

Friday 13th then. Quite an apt night to finish off what has been a very scary three years in the Championship!

2 minutes ago, div said:

Don't think BT have any rights for Scottish Cup. Sky and the BBC will cover those.

It's BT who have rights to the Championship, along with Alba.

Yep, but  I doubt BT Sport would go head-to-head with either of those games. Saturday teatime is their English Premiership game while Sunday is usually saturated by Sky with English games. They may well go for Friday 13th, I thought perhaps you'd forgotten about the cup games on the Saturday and Sunday.

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Dundee Utd at Tannadice is a Champions League night so that one won't be on the telly.

They can show lower league football on a Champions League night, it's only top flight games they can't broadcast.

That said, since it's BT in both cases here, you are right.

7 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

I don't think they'll move any of our games for TV. The league is done so they'll pick matches more relevant to the ongoing play off situation.

As we're playing all of the contenders it's feasible the TV  might consider those games as a "double dunt".