Season 18/19 St Mirren Kit

Get next Season's strip out and for sale in time for the Morton match on the 21st April. 

Have the Stadium a sea of stripes as the Title Trophy is lifted. 

Got to be proper and traditional black and white stripes. This Season was just a 6/10.

An all red change strip would be preferable. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

FFS is it that time of year again already?

3 months of this pish.:snore

Thanks dq. 

FTOF will be along shortly to give you a virtual loving embrace ( LIKE ) for your outstanding post.

:thumbs2

Edited by shull

• 1 month later...

Maybe the new Kit will be displayed at the Normandy Dinner coming.

I have absolutely no qualms that the Strip will be a cracker.

Going by The Tunnel and other changes around the Stadium , the present Board have supreme taste in all things, St Mirren.

They won't let us down.

11 minutes ago, shull said:

Maybe the new Kit will be displayed at the Normandy Dinner coming.

I have absolutely no qualms that the Strip will be a cracker.

Going by The Tunnel and other changes around the Stadium , the present Board have supreme taste in all things, St Mirren.

They won't let us down.

Except the stadium itself!

42 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Not too much wrong with the stadium considering it was a Tesco Value option rather than the Finest one with the running track and retractable roof that Stu Dickson wanted.

You've said it all  -  so far as 8,000 capacity shoe box stadiums go. I suppose it meets the needs of an average Scottish Championship level (or lower) club.

For your information, there are 20 clubs in Scotland with a ground capacity greater than the Paisley 2021 Stadium, albeit some might not be in such good condition as ours.

We could have hoped for slightly better for a club with the potential (and tradition) of St Mirren.

For example -  4 stands similar to Falkirk with a total capacity of at least 12,000.

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

You've said it all  -  so far as 8,000 capacity shoe box stadiums go. I suppose it meets the needs of an average Scottish Championship level (or lower) club.

For your information, there are 20 clubs in Scotland with a ground capacity greater than the Paisley 2021 Stadium, albeit some might not be in such good condition as ours.

We could have hoped for slightly better for a club with the potential (and tradition) of St Mirren.

For example -  4 stands similar to Falkirk with a total capacity of at least 12,000.

12000 Capacity 

With our hardcore 2000 to 2500 lost within it. 

Our Stadium presently is adequate and the Board are upgrading as we march on..

Will I revise Thread title ? 

2 minutes ago, shull said:

12000 Capacity 

With our hardcore 2000 to 2500 lost within it. 

Our Stadium presently is adequate and the Board are upgrading as we march on..

Will I revise Thread title ? 

Yes - we are straying off topic.

But you surprisingly seem to be endorsing the club's strategy of planning for failure, rather than success - at least so far as the decision on the replacement for Love Street was concerned.

We got the basic Stadium that could be afforded at the time. 

The present Board are doing their very best to give it its own St Mirren personality. 

That Tunnel job on its own is outstanding. 

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

Apart from the "ugly sister" others very rarely fill their grounds and most have crowds that are lost in the mass empty seats. Yep it would have made economical sense at the time to build a 25k all seater state of the art stadium.

If we can fill in a couple of the corners that will do, even then we'll have multiple empty seats at most games.

2 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

That would just make us look like a smaller version of Killie. Having a stadium only 1/3 full doesn't look as good as a smaller stadium looking 1/2 to 3/4 full. Long term it would mean higher maintainance costs as well.

4 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

It’ not only the Board who have a pessimistic outlook!

Realistic is the word presently. 

When Celtic and Sevco are dead and buried and every Club in the Top League has a chance of winning the Title then it may be feasible to increase capacity. 

Having Renfrewshire all to ourselves would be advantageous also. 

Returning to the title of the thread, if anyone has any influence on this (though it's probably already too late for next season), can we please have traditional broad black and white stripes on the home strip and please, please, please, NOT that checked red and white disaster that we had this season for the away strip. It really hurt my eyes.

Will be avoiding buying kits for the kids & top for myself due to the awful treatment received earlier this season just gone.

Tried several times to contact club shop direct no answer. Emailed, no reply.

Phoned club main reception, they put me through & when the person did answer, they were borderline rude, not helpful at all ( wouldn’t answer my questions & clearly wanted just to get off the phone like my call was an inconvenience ) & even after that, the online store wasn’t updated for months, making only kit available for ages 2-3 for months.

Refused after poor treatment to bother giving them my cash.

We only got to 9 games at home this season, but my kids like wearing the Saints stuff around here & on holiday

They now have Scotland & Leeds United kits.

• 2 weeks later...

Will there actually be a new home shirt released, or will it retained but have a Scottish premiership patch stuck on the arm, and from the prices on the e-store it looks like the days are numbered for the 'tea towel' away shirt (Thank God)  Anyone got any suggestions as to what they would like new shirts to be like, or what to avoid?