Champions v Morton. Trophy Presentation 21/4/18

shull

1 hour ago, thomsons dropped it said:

You driving up Tony or on the Supporters Bus.????

Not sure yet Gerry my sons wife was put in hospital today and him and his boy was going up as well if it was the four of us we were going to drive up but might be bus now for me and grandson. 

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I think the configuration of the North Stand won't allow it to be split between 2 sets of supporters.  the only option is to give them a section of the east or west stands, 

But as tickets are already on sale, i'd say that ship has sailed already

Maybe the best thing is to offer half-price tickets to them and invite them to  share and enjoy our celebrations.

I'm sure they'll welcome that

Did we not once share the north stand when playing Hamilton in a game at the end of the season ?  I think we had to avoid losing by 3 goals to stay up and we just made it.

11 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Did we not once share the north stand when playing Hamilton in a game at the end of the season ?  I think we had to avoid losing by 3 goals to stay up and we just made it.

Also was the North Stand not split for the very first game at the stadium v Killie 2009?

If it has been split before then it needs to be done for this game!  Would be real shame to have a sold out home end and then a stand sitting empty behind the goals.

I hope the club can properly communicate with the police and explain there is almost no trouble at St Mirren - Morton games.  Absolutely no need to be segregated in entirely separate stands.

52 minutes ago, Kemp said:

If it has been split before then it needs to be done for this game!  Would be real shame to have a sold out home end and then a stand sitting empty behind the goals.

I hope the club can properly communicate with the police and explain there is almost no trouble at St Mirren - Morton games.  Absolutely no need to be segregated in entirely separate stands.

If Morton are still chasing a play off spot there will be plenty of them turning up they will be confedent given we have not beat them this season so far. 

We could fill in a couple of the corners with temporary seating .

Maybe get the attendance over 10000.

Give the Greenock dudes, the corner between the West & the North.

We fill out the rest.

54 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Feel the "swagger" in this thread. 

Forget the title celebration and let's just win the game against Morton. 

Then celebrate in style.

Ach, away you go.

No doubt the normal fear and anxiety associated with being a Saints fan will return next season and remain for the rest of our lives.

This year we were league champions before Easter and we are swaggering!

20 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Ach, away you go.

No doubt the normal fear and anxiety associated with being a Saints fan will return next season and remain for the rest of our lives.

Why did you take the comment as some form of criticism?

Enjoy the moment - but lets win the game and enjoy it even more!

34 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Ach, away you go.

Ricky says there's no easy teams in this league. 

Even when the league is won he'll still have "the fear" :lol:

I'm expecting one last blood&thunder derby this season.

JR noted in his post-Dumbarton interview that they had beaten us on their previous visit to GHR and I'm sure he'll be well aware that Morton are the only team in the division we haven't beaten so far and Morton will probably still be looking to maximize their points tally in the play-off race.

One thing's for sure this won't be an end of season love-in!

15 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Left Jimmy H in charge of getting oor Morton game tickets.

West stand I said.

Nae bother he said.

Email comes through this afternoon. 

Got the tickets. M3.

Useless bawbag!

If there’s a guy counting planes next to me I’m no gonnae be happy. 

My plan has worked a treat, you can get tae ¥#%* and ahll go with one of ma  proper pals :booty

Edited by Jimmy H

15 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Driving across Leeds, I stopped to take a call - look at the Street names on the left & right.

IMG_1171.thumb.jpg.0a1a7031c4b2dd5f877fea186e83509e.jpg

Erm, not sure if it’s visible, but Paisley View on left , Greenock Place on the right.

f**kin ridiculous, how did they manage to get above us ?? 

P.S. Are you aware you are driving down Paisley Road ? 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

f**kin ridiculous, how did they manage to get above us ?? 

P.S. Are you aware you are driving down Paisley Road ? 

Nope, but there was a few streets with Paisley/ Greenock, Edinburgh & Aberdeen in that area.

Just odd to see them adjacent each other.

That’s as close to us they get :P

St Mirren 2-1 Morton

Ticket site showing around 950 home seats left plus whatever they have to sell in  W6&7, majority of them in the family stand  with only a few single seats in W1 &2.

There was  some form of segregation for the opening day, but the police may not allow it this time but surely a line of stewards  and extra policing would be enough and split it roughly 50/50 or even 60/40 in our favour  if the split allows. 

On Friday, March 30, 2018 at 9:27 AM, faraway saint said:

Ricky says there's no easy teams in this league. 

Even when the league is won he'll still have "the fear" :lol:

I don't fear any of the teams in this league but I do expect each of them to give us a hard time on our way to clinching the league. And so they should. All of those we will play, with the exception of Brechin have a lot to play for in either looking for a promotion play off or avoiding a relegation play off spot. That's just being pragmatic. 

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:18 PM, beyond our ken said:

Much as  like this idea, i truly hope they collect second prize and come up with us after the play-offs.

Is their stadium up to premiership standard though? 

According to some on here, yes....... the fact their official capacity is 11,134. but the police never let them go past 6000 suggest there are restrictions  

Edited by DougJamie