Champions v Morton. Trophy Presentation 21/4/18

shull

Smallest support I remember them bringing to us was a rearranged Ne'erday game played midweek at the end of January about 1994 or 1995. It was the game we horsed them 5-1 having led 4-0 at half time (I think).

Doubt there were more than 300 of them in the North Bank, don't think the Caledonia Stand had been finished which must make it 1994. I think that was a season of league re-organisation and they were needless to say relegated although if memory serves they finished bottom or second bottom and would have been demoted even without the league set up change. :lol:

Doesn't bother me at all that Morton aren't giving us a guard of honour. It's not going to spoil my day.

i thought the club might have said to Morton your getting 500 tickets for the away end and brought in a number of porta loos for under the stand, segragated the stand and sold 750 or so to buds fans and segragated the seats and had stewards positioned in the stand. 

Maybe not worth all the extra hassle and expense plus potential for a bit of crowd trouble as might not be playing Morton in a competitive game for some time.

think we will win 2-0 tomorrow and have a brilliant afternoon in the sun and a pleasant open top bus tour.

enjoy your match day experience everybuddie!

45 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Div saying on twitter they have sold about 400  which would be about 100 more than Livingston had last Saturday.  It’s a shame so many buddies are looking for tickets yet the North stand will have 1200 empty seats.

If the figure of about 400 is correct then I think we should be serenading them with choruses of:

"What a shite away support"

"Is that all you take away?"

"Your support is fkn shite"

"Where d'ye park yer minibus?"

"Come in a taxi, you should've come in a taxi"

I'm sure you get the general point...

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Given the apathy among Morton fans for this and the non sale of the away stand seats to Saints fans (at this moment in time anyway was the same this time last week and it changed) I can see the crowd being very similar to last weeks - possibly even slightly lower.

Let's hope it isn't.  Signs are it will be a bit bigger.

As others have said.  Pity some Saint's fans can't be accommodated in the North Stand as Was The case v Livingston. 

Instead of chanting "Who are you? " we might use "Where are you? " or "We can see you sneaking in. "

Glad to have them there. Might be a while till we meet again on league business. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Just watched the " Bubble Didnae Burst" again on utube. I see similarities with this season. We were far from favourites for promotion that year - I was at many of those matches and recall McKnights goal.
I cannot wait for tomorrow. Regardless of the result, it will be another fantastic day.
COYS !!!!

55 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Just watched the " Bubble Didnae Burst" again on utube. I see similarities with this season. We were far from favourites for promotion that year - I was at many of those matches and recall McKnights goal.
I cannot wait for tomorrow. Regardless of the result, it will be another fantastic day.
COYS !!!!

We were second favourites for relegation , had a £100 ew on Saints in the handicap league 7/1 , with Saints having a 20 point handicap , one of my better bets

Fair play to the Morton fans who actually are coming.   It's not their fault they majority of their manky brethren have shat it.

Piss poor from the club / powers that be / both (delete as appropriate) to not be able to segregate today and get more Buddies in.  We could easily have sold another 1000 tickets.  The game is not exactly Fenerbahce v Beskitas, its a largely friendly rivalry between two small Scottish clubs.  Just another example of the absurd over policing and regulation of Scottish football.

As for the game, lets see the team put on a SHOW!  Hoping for Reilly, Morgan, Smith up front pulling Morton apart.  Jim Duffy has done what many thought not possible and found a use for Gary Harkins playing as a defensive midfielder.  We struggled against them in Paisley last time because of that, and I wouldn't mind seeing the boy Mark Hill again to neutralise Harkins influence (I thought Hill showed some promise on Tuesday).  If not, I am sure McGinn will handle it on his own.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Fair play to the Morton fans who actually are coming.   It's not their fault they majority of their manky brethren have shat it.

Piss poor from the club / powers that be / both (delete as appropriate) to not be able to segregate today and get more Buddies in.  We could easily have sold another 1000 tickets.  The game is not exactly Fenerbahce v Beskitas, its a largely friendly rivalry between two small Scottish clubs.  Just another example of the absurd over policing and regulation of Scottish football.

As for the game, lets see the team put on a SHOW!  Hoping for Reilly, Morgan, Smith up front pulling Morton apart.  Jim Duffy has done what many thought not possible and found a use for Gary Harkins playing as a defensive midfielder.  We struggled against them in Paisley last time because of that, and I wouldn't mind seeing the boy Mark Hill again to neutralise Harkins influence (I thought Hill showed some promise on Tuesday).  If not, I am sure McGinn will handle it on his own.

Agree x 3.

Attended Besiktas v Fernebace in Istanbul. 

Unbelievably noisy.  Manic. 

Still have my black and white Besiktas scarf. 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Agree x 3.

Attended Besiktas v Fernebace in Istanbul. 

Unbelievably noisy.  Manic. 

Still have my black and white Besiktas scarf. 

I agree on Hill. Couple of strong direct runs with the ball against Falkirk. Might have been partially  to blame for the second Falkirk goal but I'm not sure. Good to see him again.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Now who was it thought Dundee Utd would win the league, and we would be in the play offs..?

couldnt have been me as i said early doors no one could live with us when we played football! That leaves...?

Yeah I got that one wrong I’m happy to say.  It’s good for the soul to admit ones errors, cathartic as Thommo would say.  I wouldn’t like to be one of those people who take a fixed position and then try to fit all available data around that view.:)

5 minutes ago, scottd said:

Yeah I got that one wrong I’m happy to say.  It’s good for the soul to admit ones errors, cathartic as Thommo would say.  I wouldn’t like to be one of those people who take a fixed position and then try to fit all available data around that view.:)

I get plenty wrong, just nip over to the fecking betting thread. :(

Setting off in the next hour to get there nice and early, can't make Falkirk so this will be my last game of this season and what a season it has been, hope the boys can provide a show that demonstrates how we can play and send us off to the premiership on a high, see you all soon(ish). COYS