Champions v Morton. Trophy Presentation 21/4/18

shull

FT 2-1

Good game good game. Thought we were the better team and it was just that the leagues best player scored the winning goal on trophy day. Lewis Morgan, hammer of the Ton. Fantastic standing ovation for him after being subbed off in his last game too. Some boy.

Fair play to the 400 or so Greenock that made the trip up. Can’t have been easy to watch.

Reminded me a bit of that time in 2000 when we beat Morton 2-0 at Cappielow on the way to winning this division.

Was over 15 years before we played them in an another league game. Could easily be that again.

As football clubs, we just operate on different levels. Will always be little freak periods where Morton are overachieving and we are underachieving where our paths will cross (like the last few years). But natural order has always been restored.

We have spent the vast majority of our history above Morton and we will spend the vast majority of our future above them too.

3 minutes ago, Qarsaan said:

Proud day to be a Saint.

As were most days this season...

Hope we give Falkirk a thumping in our final Championship game ever.. when we stay in the top league and as Tony predicts become champions there too... OK admittedly I have had a beer or 7..

Well done today - truly delighted we beat the team we hadn't all season and of course our Renfrewshire rivals../

Now some incredible signings - look at what Hibs are achieving....

Edited by Sweeper07
Changed ajective

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

STV 2 proudly advertising they would bring the presentation..............

Pity the camera was BEHIND the fecking players and had no sound.

Note to self, never tune into that shite ever again. 

Peter & Roughie, as funny as Franny Fat. :lol:

Crap indeed but at least they attempted whereas Sportscene have not made any effort so far.

Just now, nedflanders123 said:

Nice to see the arseholes at BBC Sportscene ignoring the trophy presentation but now talking about women's football.  Similar that on their Sunday show they do not mention anything outside the top league. Even STV2 showed our presentation.

Doesn't really count if you had seen it. :lol:

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

STV 2 proudly advertising they would bring the presentation..............

Pity the camera was BEHIND the fecking players and had no sound.

Note to self, never tune into that shite ever again. 

Peter & Roughie, as funny as Franny Fat. :lol:

First a big thanks to the lady Saints fan who got on the train at Dalry (I think) and listened to me blub about departed relatives.  :wub:

Train arrived at PGS at 13:56 so I joined the march, excellent idea - we should do it every game.

Onto the match, although not at our best I felt the score was an accurate reflection of the game. Not for the first time in recent weeks the opposition tried to kick us off the park and we're gonna have to toughen up before next season starts.

Still tonight is party time for those of us who haven't just lost a filling - enjoy! :guinness

Edited by Bud the Baker