Champions v Morton. Trophy Presentation 21/4/18

shull

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

For those who missed the presentation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/43853154

‘Those who missed the presentation’.... the entire fcuking West Stand, thanks to that big rainbow shaped piece of polystyrene shite placed across the top of the presentation podum.

Would it have hurt not to have that? Ladbrokes had their name on the two flags either side of the stage, plus on the big board right in front of the team. After the cannons went off and McGinn lifted the trophy, I thought the team would walk round to the other side of the podium and lift it up.

Who the fcuk thinks these things through. Stevie fcuking Wonder?

Edited by pozbaird

just to say goodbye.

Have to say FJ, agree totally with you. I feel pretty sad for John that he didn’t get any game
time to say a proper cheerio to the fans and get the standing ovation he completely deserves. Despite what Jack clearly thinks of him (which I think isn’t much) I think it was poor judgement not to give him some game time either during the week v Falkirk, or today. He deserves better.

Anyway, thanks for everything John.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

‘Those who missed the presentation’.... the entire fcuking West Stand, thanks to that big rainbow shaped piece of polystyrene shite placed across the top of the presentation podum.

Would it have hurt not to have that? Ladbrokes had their name on the two flags either side of the stage, plus on the big board right in front of the team. After the cannons went off and McGinn lifted the trophy, I thought the team would walk round to the other side of the podium and lift it up.

Aye, the west stand seem to be ignored which was a shame since all the singing and dancing come from that stand   :(  Why not build the podium in front of the North Stand so allowing most if not all saints fans the chance to see what was happening  :(

24 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Aye, the west stand seem to be ignored which was a shame since all the singing and dancing come from that stand   :(  Why not build the podium in front of the North Stand so allowing most if not all saints fans the chance to see what was happening  :(

I, like many in the West Stand, have had STs there since we moved. We win a trophy, then cannot see our captain lift it because of a big sponsor bloody board. Next thing, the players all put on T Shirts and drift across in dribs and drabs. The only time I actually saw the trophy was when photographers got Gordon Scott and Tony Fitzpatick to pose with it near the WB. Even then, it was with their backs to us. Next thing - they’ve set up another sponsor board way across in the main stand / south stand corner. The players stand behind it, and we can’t see much because of press and family members taking their photos.

As trophy presentations go, utter shit. Is it that big a deal? Probably not, but it was very poorly staged.

Edited by pozbaird

Great day out! Good, competitive game, deservedly won by Saints. Credit to Morton for their efforts. Presentation could have been better staged, but I thought the players' lap of honour was excellent. All took their time going round (as advised by JR) which gave us in the West Stand time to reward them for their achievement. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay for the bus parade, but, considering what we normally have to look back on at the end of a season, this was a phenomenal day for us.

On to next season, and I agree with others that we will need to be bigger and more physical. Again yesterday we saw how a strong team can bully us and push us off the ball at times. We can only expect much more of this next season. However, I'm sure Jack and James have plans to deal with this. In our management team we trust. So...............

COYS!!

19 hours ago, Franny Fat said:

image.thumb.png.fdaaf4571e7ef0a11b94faa019532c5c.png

The ballboy in the picture is my grandson. Useless photography if you ask me! :P

As for the game.

I was pleasantly surprised by the application and endeavour from both sides. A thoroughly deserved victory and a great party atmosphere. Shame more of our unwashed neighbours couldn't stomach the thought of us enjoying the moment. Also fitting that young Morgan got our last home goal of what has been a marvelous season. 

Championees.png

Edited by stlucifer
Just to add "La piece de resistance"

6 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Did anyone else notice the lone Morton fan who remained and watched the presentation , they even applauded the team when they started their lap of honour.

If he was clean he was obviously a Saints' spy in their camp and, given the risks involved with the likes of dysentery, deserves great credit.:P

13 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Hearing Ladbrokes paid extra money for the rainbow arched which the club will use to fix the Hall of Fame panels.

Quiet on here today.  Everyone else nursing a bastard of a hangover as well then?

Those of us in the posh seats (Main Stand) had a great view of the trophy.  Does seem stupid they didn't build the stage at the away end so the whole stadium could see! 

9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Quiet on here today.  Everyone else nursing a bastard of a hangover as well then?

Those of us in the posh seats (Main Stand) had a great view of the trophy.  Does seem stupid they didn't build the stage at the away end so the whole stadium could see! 

Is it still Saturday? I'm off to bed.

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Hats off to the Morton fans who were at the game. True fans of their team. Thanks for coming to St Mirren Park. Hope to see you in the Top League in the coming years.

Nice sentiment. 

And may I just add, "Get right f**kin up ye ya dirty Greenock bastards!"

Just landed back in Exeter. It's been a fantastic weekend and it's weekends like this that explain why you support the local team instead of the "big boys". These are memories for a lifetime.

The result topped it all off, and it's a nice feeling to have ended M*rt*n's playoff hopes too. The result was justified, M*rt*n spent most of the game booting us off the park, how the f**k their no. 25 didn't get booked for that tackle in the first half? We were running towards our own half ffs, with no threat and he made no effort for the ball. It was brilliant to see us aiming for the win even when it's already job done. It's a nice touch to see Morgan score the last home goal of the season, he's always been committed to the cause. Trophy presentation could have been better, couldn't see a thing from the West Stand. Pain in the arse when you know some of those in hospitality (with the best view of the trophy) are only there because of their jobs/workplaces and are hardly going to look at our results next season.

I really enjoyed listening to the speeches at both the game and the parade later on. You could see how much it meant to the players, especially those who returned such as Samson, McGinn, Jack Ross himself, while having Sutton appreciating the love from the fans as we expect him to move on. I really hope he gets a chance to play next week, he's been damn good to us and is in the rare position of being part of both our 2006 and 2018 league winning squads.

Great time at the Bankhouse too. Rammed to f**k but what an atmosphere. Makes you damn proud to be a Buddie.

Thank you to Jack Ross and James Fowler for making this weekend possible. If you told me 18 months ago we'd be having a title party I'd have said "at least we've only had one year in the third tier then". How far we have come is absolute testament to the job those two guys have done, the decisions they've made to release certain players and bring in certain players. The efforts from the guys they've placed faith in? Stunning. There's a great feeling at the club right now, and I've never known there to be such a great community feel around the fans either. What a time to be a Buddie. I, and the rest of us will not forget this weekend for the rest of our lives.

10 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Just landed back in Exeter. It's been a fantastic weekend and it's weekends like this that explain why you support the local team instead of the "big boys". These are memories for a lifetime.

The result topped it all off, and it's a nice feeling to have ended M*rt*n's playoff hopes too. The result was justified, M*rt*n spent most of the game booting us off the park, how the f**k their no. 25 didn't get booked for that tackle in the first half? We were running towards our own half ffs, with no threat and he made no effort for the ball. It was brilliant to see us aiming for the win even when it's already job done. It's a nice touch to see Morgan score the last home goal of the season, he's always been committed to the cause. Trophy presentation could have been better, couldn't see a thing from the West Stand. Pain in the arse when you know some of those in hospitality (with the best view of the trophy) are only there because of their jobs/workplaces and are hardly going to look at our results next season.

I really enjoyed listening to the speeches at both the game and the parade later on. You could see how much it meant to the players, especially those who returned such as Samson, McGinn, Jack Ross himself, while having Sutton appreciating the love from the fans as we expect him to move on. I really hope he gets a chance to play next week, he's been damn good to us and is in the rare position of being part of both our 2006 and 2018 league winning squads.

Great time at the Bankhouse too. Rammed to f**k but what an atmosphere. Makes you damn proud to be a Buddie.

Thank you to Jack Ross and James Fowler for making this weekend possible. If you told me 18 months ago we'd be having a title party I'd have said "at least we've only had one year in the third tier then". How far we have come is absolute testament to the job those two guys have done, the decisions they've made to release certain players and bring in certain players. The efforts from the guys they've placed faith in? Stunning. There's a great feeling at the club right now, and I've never known there to be such a great community feel around the fans either. What a time to be a Buddie. I, and the rest of us will not forget this weekend for the rest of our lives.

Problem was Liam Smith retaliated so the ref would've had to send both off - my fear was hed book Ross (25) & send off Smith (25).

Worked against us because after letting that foul go it meant the "tariff" for a booking became pretty high which suited Morten more than it did us.

Home Team St Mirren                                          Away Team Morten

Fouls
Home9
Away19

Edited by Bud the Baker