Champions v Morton. Trophy Presentation 21/4/18

shull

6 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Don't tell div that since he was wearing the bottom half of that suit yesterday :lol:

Div only wears the bottom half because he wore the jacket to THAT cup final, so it has never seen the light of day since:lol:

Madden had a cnut of a game the amount of times he was letting Mort*n players off with things was a joke , their No25 was having a free hand to do as he pleased even when he dived in an attempt of a penalty , Madden should maybe concentrate on what he's paid to do instead of attempting banter and gesturing to the crowd , bawbag.

2 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Did anyone else notice the lone Morton fan who remained and watched the presentation , they even applauded the team when they started their lap of honour.

There were 5 fans sitting directly behind the goal in the away end for the presentation.

Again I'm left confused by the attendance figured announced.

Where exactly were the 400 empty seats in the home end?  The game was sold out & looking round the stadium you could barely see any spare seats - infact they were standing in the aisles in W7.

Are we not counting part of the crowd for some reason?  Surely hospitality, panda club etc all still need to be counted in the attendance figure.

32 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

There were empty seats a plenty in W1.
Here's Lewis's goal, not the build up but the finish and celebration.

The W1 empty seats were presumably the guys who had gone along to stand at W7 which had quite a lot more people than seats!

I simply don't believe for a second that 400 people bought a ticket for the game and didn't go (and didn't sell their ticket to one of the many people looking to buy).  The attendance just doesn't stack up, especially given the fact the game SOLD OUT days ago.

There were 5 fans sitting directly behind the goal in the away end for the presentation.
Guy that sit next to my mate said 2 of them were his brothers. They couldn't get tickets for the home end so they just went to the away end.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Again I'm left confused by the attendance figured announced.

Where exactly were the 400 empty seats in the home end?  The game was sold out & looking round the stadium you could barely see any spare seats - infact they were standing in the aisles in W7.

Possibly explains why there were two empty seats next to me in W6.

Guest TPAFKATS

Theres numerous reasons in addition to guys not sitting in their allocated seats in West stand why seats may be empty. There's over 200 in hospitality, many of them have season tickets. Not all would've been given to someone else.
Some may not have been able to attend despite having bought a ticket. Same with season ticket holders. My mate has a season ticket for his toddler who hasn't attended all season.
Could quite easily get to 400

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

The W1 empty seats were presumably the guys who had gone along to stand at W7 which had quite a lot more people than seats!

I simply don't believe for a second that 400 people bought a ticket for the game and didn't go (and didn't sell their ticket to one of the many people looking to buy).  The attendance just doesn't stack up, especially given the fact the game SOLD OUT days ago.

You should believe it as that's what it is.

Unless you have gone round the stadium and counted the empty seats and know better?

52 minutes ago, renfrew said:

The empty seats in W1 were pretty much the same seats that been empty all season.

I sit in row L in W1. Two rows in front , row J, there were about 7 or 8 seats in a row which were vacant, the explanation for which can be bourne out by the theories of regular occupants moving to W7 or being in hospitality.

There were quite a few other empty seats dotted around W1.

4 hours ago, whydowebother said:

You clearly don’t read the Ricky threads, it was sold out ..... twice :D

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Theres numerous reasons in addition to guys not sitting in their allocated seats in West stand why seats may be empty. There's over 200 in hospitality, many of them have season tickets. Not all would've been given to someone else.
Some may not have been able to attend despite having bought a ticket. Same with season ticket holders. My mate has a season ticket for his toddler who hasn't attended all season.
Could quite easily get to 400

You are right....There is a difference between sold out and attendance as you say.  

The club had no tickets left to sell to St Mirren Fans for any of the 3 stands allocated to home fans. These were sold out similar to the Livi game.

Fantastic turnout.

Understandable that the away end couldn't have been opened up to allow more Saint's fans access since there was a demand for tickets. Pity that Morton didn't fill their end and left empty seats that could have been filled.

Looking forward to more crowds this size and bigger on many occasions in the top league as larger away supports come go Paisley.  

Buy your season ticket early!

Edited by St.Ricky

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Madden set the tone for his performance by not bothering with the planned minute’s applause before the game.

My dad passed away during the season, and I knew the club was going to do what it traditionally does with the list of fans names on the screen.  Anyway, I understood that there was to be a minutes applause before the game started, on the start and finish of the ref's whistle.  

So when that fud Madden blew the whistle and the game started I began to follow the action and missed the first few screen full of names .... needless to say, I missed my dad's name being shown, My cousin saw it for a split second, soi know it was there, but I was originally intending recording it. 

So, I have a request to any buddies who might have filmed the whole "list", could I get a copy? ... PM me if you have a recording, I would be really grateful for a copy

Cheers

1 hour ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Half a-dozen or Morton lads stayed back.

Like others thought the Ton support was very poor in number.

Some “ground sold out “pish

I'd hazard a guess they were Buddies who couldn't get home end tickets.

442 is a shocking away attendance for a derby, especially one which their playoff hopes rested on. Fair play to those who did show up, but those who didn't attend because it was "our day to rub it in", poor show. Supporting your team should always come first, especially when their playoff hopes were in the balance.