Champions v Morton. Trophy Presentation 21/4/18

shull

Overall a fantastic day out , with the Cup a certainty there was a real party atmosphere way before kick-off with the Buddies in W7 doing us all proud. Had we been up against any other team the result would have been almost superfluous but we all knew this one we had to win and win it we did with one of Lewis's game defining goals giving the man the best possible Home farewell we could. .

Had a fantastic time afterwards in Town and down at Bride St at the stage , felt the Town got a real lift from the days proceedings , you couldn't really ask for more as even the weather turned out in our favour. The only slight downer was the way over the top police presence , in particular the 4 police cavalry that decided the W7 queue needed some sort of unwarranted control. .

Here's to  our success next season , it would be good to see our support continue to grow . .we are on our way, ,

COYS

Edited by saintnextlifetime

4 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Was there not something mentioned regarding fans relocating to W7 and it not being possible to resell the vacated seats?

If there was then I hope this is sorted for next season..... All we need to is to buy out all of the West Stand in Season Tickets.  Those who enjoy going toW7...Good on them... Buy tickets for there...... No? 

7 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Problem was Liam Smith retaliated so the ref would've had to send both off - my fear was hed book Ross (25) & send off Smith (25).

Worked against us because after letting that foul go it meant the "tariff" for a booking became pretty high which suited Morten more than it did us.

I think you are saying Madden is incompetent , which meant little yesterday as even though they attempted to kick us off the park , pure footballing skill won out in the end . Madden's attempt to be a party pooper failed , miserably. .:D

Absolutely brilliant day. Woke up today with a wee red coupon due to the glorious sunshine. Watched the March go by from the Court Bar. Very impressive and some of the footage on Twitter is amazing. The game was really great. Wee lump in my throat and watery eyes during Jack’s speech. Back to the Bankhouse after the game which was bouncing. Back in Jersey now feeling very proud to be a Buddie. 

Unfortunately we lost track of time in the Bankhouse and missed the bus tour. Is there any footage of it floating around. Haven’t seen any. 

27 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Absolutely brilliant day. Woke up today with a wee red coupon due to the glorious sunshine. Watched the March go by from the Court Bar. Very impressive and some of the footage on Twitter is amazing. The game was really great. Wee lump in my throat and watery eyes during Jack’s speech. Back to the Bankhouse after the game which was bouncing. Back in Jersey now feeling very proud to be a Buddie. 

Unfortunately we lost track of time in the Bankhouse and missed the bus tour. Is there any footage of it floating around. Haven’t seen any. 

6 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I think you are saying Madden is incompetent , which meant little yesterday as even though they attempted to kick us off the park , pure footballing skill won out in the end . Madden's attempt to be a party pooper failed , miserably. .:D

No retaliation from Smith and it would probably have been a yellow for Ross - even Morton fans have admitted the tackle was "tasty".

I think Madden was trying to avoid dishing out cards yesterday but that only works if both teams are playing with the same attitude. Aside from committing twice as many fouls yesterday Morton got away with a whole lot of Rosie more. I think it backfired and led to a bit of a rough-house especially from the 'ton but in the end we got the right result. although it could all have been spoiled by a moment of indiscipline. 

7 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Can't believe there's more interest in empty seats than the game or the title etc. get a life ffs lol

Plenty of interest in the game & the title, but the attendance figures are an ongoing mystery!

150 seats being taken out for the disabled platform would begin to explain things.

Although Thorizaar has kindly volunteered to go round and count all seats and heads one by one at the next sold out match, so we will have our answer then.  Its the only possible solution it seems. Thanks for that buddie.

9 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Can't believe there's more interest in empty seats than the game or the title etc. get a life ffs lol

I noticed an awfy lot of occupied seats that had arses that spread over 2 seats.

By my calculations over 9,000 seats were occupied.

18 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

You are right....There is a difference between sold out and attendance as you say.  

The club had no tickets left to sell to St Mirren Fans for any of the 3 stands allocated to home fans. These were sold out similar to the Livi game.

Fantastic turnout.

Understandable that the away end couldn't have been opened up to allow more Saint's fans access since there was a demand for tickets. Pity that Morton didn't fill their end and left empty seats that could have been filled.

Looking forward to more crowds this size and bigger on many occasions in the top league as larger away supports come go Paisley.  

Buy your season ticket early!

MAYBE there is a win win that the club could get organised for next season. Just for sell out games

IF someone is not taking up their seat but has a season ticket, perhaps they could let the club know (email or website form) - if the club then need additional tickets to sell, the club and the season ticket holder could split the extra money.. The fan could either get credit in the shop or towards a future season ticket or non season ticketed game? (Even if it was stacked in the clubs favour, I think many fans might go for this). The club wins and the fan also..

37 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

MAYBE there is a win win that the club could get organised for next season. Just for sell out games

IF someone is not taking up their seat but has a season ticket, perhaps they could let the club know (email or website form) - if the club then need additional tickets to sell, the club and the season ticket holder could split the extra money.. The fan could either get credit in the shop or towards a future season ticket or non season ticketed game? (Even if it was stacked in the clubs favour, I think many fans might go for this). The club wins and the fan also..

Good point. Essentially a bit heavy administratively. Other than on the Forum or Twitter. 

Why not just sit in the seat you are allocated? 

Revolutionary I know. 

Our recent position given out via the ticket office has-been to advise when tickets for each section have sold out. 

As others have said people who may have a season ticket or who have bought tickets can have a change of plans. 

Or as happened with the Livi game, the club started selling North Stand tickets. 

Sold out at present doesn't mean full attendance. 

Had a chance to reflect on what was a brilliant weekend for the team and the town. Expected a really difficult game and thats what we got. Would imagine Duffy drummed it into his morons how much they would hate giving st mirren a derby win, on top of the championship and have to see/hear all the celebrations.

He put his team out a lot like how Lazlo set his side up at Tannadice... to kick, foul, frustrate and try to stop us playing football. Our team had to dig deep to keep their nerve and get it back down on the deck, and i felt proud watching them ignore Morton's negative tactics and keep resetting to actually play! Felt for a few weeks Mullen wasnt justifying his starts, but hearing Reilly has been nursing an injury so not capable of a full ninety. Mullen took his goal well, as did our boy Lewis getting it roon the great unwashed. Brave boy, getting that close the smell must have been giving him the dry boak?

Josh and his crew in W7 deserve massive credit for lifting the whole atmosphere all season, and showed with an amazing march how everyone wants to get involved, given a chance. Maybe one for the first home game in the Prem? It was important to get back to winning again, regardless of who will/wont be in the squad next season, the all deserve to play for a decent club, and showing they could deal with being champs and a feisty derby will help whoever moves on get a decent gig.

next stop Grangemouth, could be another emotional one with some players making a final bow in the stripes, pretty sure we will be too much for Falkirk this time and the team will send us off with another game to shout about. 

Have to say the board doing a lap of honour... wtf..!

Edited by Lord Pityme

9 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Had a chance to reflect on what was a brilliant weekend for the team and the town. Expected a really difficult game and thats what we got. Would imagine Duffy drummed it into his morons how much they would hate giving st mirren a derby win, on top of the championship and have to see/hear all the celebrations.

He put his team out a lot like how Lazlo set his side up at Tannadice... to kick, foul, frustrate and try to stop us playing football. Our team had to dig deep to keep their nerve and get it back down on the deck, and i felt proud watching them ignore Morton's negative tactics and keep resetting to actually play! Felt for a few weeks Mullen wasnt justifying his starts, but hearing Reilly has been nursing an injury so not capable of a full ninety. Mullen took his goal well, as did our boy Lewis getting it roon the great unwashed. Brave boy, getting that close the smell must have been giving him the dry boak?

Josh and his crew in W7 deserve massive credit for lifting the whole atmosphere all season, and showed with an amazing march how everyone wants to get involved, given a chance. Maybe one for the first home game in the Prem? It was important to get back to winning again, regardless of who will/wont be in the squad next season, the all deserve to play for a decent club, and showing they could deal with being champs and a feisty derby will help whoever moves on get a decent gig.

next stop Grangemouth, could be another emotional one with some players making a final bow in the stripes, pretty sure we will be too much for Falkirk this time and the team will send us off with another game to shout about. 

Have to say the board doing a lap of honour... wtf..!

You just cant help yourself can you ?  I would say you are becoming boring but that ship sailed a long time ago.   Give it a f**kin rest .

What i saw was the board & Management team applauding every corner of the ground and showing their appreciation of the whole support.  Had they stayed in the directors box , no doubt you would have criticised them for being to detached from the fans .

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

10 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You just cant help yourself can you ?  I would say you are becoming boring but that ship sailed a long time ago.   Give it a f**kin rest .

What i saw was the board & Management team applauding every corner of the ground and showing their appreciation of the whole support.  Had they stayed in the directors box , no doubt you would have criticised them for being to detached from the fans .

No... i would, as the many people i spoke to who were of the same mind believed thats where they should be. In their box.

i wonder if they will come onto the pitch to show their appreciation if we get horsed in a game next season..? Guess we all know the answer to that. Theres little chance of them becoming "detached" from the fans whilst Smisa still has a penny in the bank.

SG took plenty of opportunity to appear holding a cup from time to time. Damn right too. Directors sit through the shit seasons same as everyone. Why not enjoy those all too brief moments in the sunshine? If it was me, I’d be on that pitch with the players in a flash.

To argue against the directors having the right to enjoy St Mirren success, which comes around as often as a decent Shull thread, is churlish at best.

I say that as someone who has had a dig at the crap trophy presentation too, but GLS and Fitzy were perfectly entitled to be out there enjoying a great day.

Edited by pozbaird

Fitzy is a legend and has earned the right to be at the centre of all things St Mirren. Trophy presentations, open top buses, Bridge St gathering etc.. aye yes if the board want to get involved fair enough. But c'mon what clubs winning trophies have their entire board doing a lap of honour with the team?

the pitch is for the legends... current, past etc. If the board are prepared to do a lap if we should get horsed as well, fair enough. Its the players and management team who are 'out there' every week and taking pelters as much as praise that deserve 'their' time in the limelight. If we have a poor game the board file straight into their lounge, the players always acknowledge the support.

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Fitzy is a legend and has earned the right to be at the centre of all things St Mirren. Trophy presentations, open top buses, Bridge St gathering etc.. aye yes if the board want to get involved fair enough. But c'mon what clubs winning trophies have their entire board doing a lap of honour with the team?

the pitch is for the legends... current, past etc. If the board are prepared to do a lap if we should get horsed as well, fair enough. Its the players and management team who are 'out there' every week and taking pelters as much as praise that deserve 'their' time in the limelight. If we have a poor game the board file straight into their lounge, the players always acknowledge the support.

"One Town, One Team" - Ring any bells ? :whistle