Neilson for Utd

Lord Pityme

He's certainly available but there's a hint in this piece that he doesn't see Hearts as "big" enough for his next move, that would possibly rule Dundee Utd out........I could be misreading the tone of the interview and making 5 out of 2+2 but I know that's more than acceptable around these parts!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43493453

Well whatever we think. United fans deserve better. Sold out by their Chairman when they were riding high and its just been downhill since then..............

They never should have sacked McKinnon, as Saints know, as soon as you start the Manager merry go round, the players also lose drive, plus the recruitment tends to be cack.

After McNamara having them 3rd then selling Armstrong GMK and Cifti in window, they have had Mixu, McKinnon and now Csasba.............. the club is in freefall. They will announce huge losses , ok they have abused millions but TBF Utd did us proud in the 80s and also we beat them in 87  

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Well whatever we think. United fans deserve better. Sold out by their Chairman when they were riding high and its just been downhill since then..............

They never should have sacked McKinnon, as Saints know, as soon as you start the Manager merry go round, the players also lose drive, plus the recruitment tends to be cack.

After McNamara having them 3rd then selling Armstrong GMK and Cifti in window, they have had Mixu, McKinnon and now Csasba.............. the club is in freefall. They will announce huge losses , ok they have abused millions but TBF Utd did us proud in the 80s and also we beat them in 87  

Which chairman sold them out??

Utd have now appointed Sturrock as a coach/advisor to Shaba. Strange indeed. Is Shaba admitting he doesn’t know what he is doing? Where does that leave Ellis? Where is the money coming from? Is Shaba chucking it? Or is it to appease fans to renew season tickets? Answers on a postcard.

8 hours ago, Sonny said:

Utd have now appointed Sturrock as a coach/advisor to Shaba. Strange indeed. Is Shaba admitting he doesn’t know what he is doing? Where does that leave Ellis? Where is the money coming from? Is Shaba chucking it? Or is it to appease fans to renew season tickets? Answers on a postcard.

A postcard? How quaint. :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Eh Eddie Jnr.................... please don't tell me your related :rolleyes:

Not related DougJamie.....I'm just always quite interested in these sort of claims/statements!!

Can you tell me, in your opinion,  how he sold them out?

17 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I agree on your points about changing managers. United 's greatest successes were under long serving manager Jim McLean. 

Eddie senior probably invested more of his family silver into the club than his family would have liked. Eddie the younger and his sister appear to have put a stop to family money propping the club up.  Hence the sales of platers mentioned.

It was clear that both sister and brother wanted to disinvest and move on. Much like Gilmour and Co at St Mirren. This created instability with us and I believe now and for the past few years at United.

I have a soft spot for them as I lived in Dundee for a few years and took in their home games.