Brechin v St. Mirren 7/4/18

The pitch was an absolute tattie field and certainly didnt suit our passing game. 

On another note , for the guys like us alongside the hedge , how great was it to be so close to the action :thumbs2   

If the club are looking at ways of raising extra cash, perhaps we could have a swear box for Gary Mack ?!?  :o:P

The pitch was an absolute tattie field and certainly didnt suit our passing game. 
On another note , for the guys like us alongside the hedge , how great was it to be so close to the action :thumbs2   
If the club are looking at ways of raising extra cash, perhaps we could have a swear box for Gary Mack ?!?  [emoji33][emoji14]
I never swore...... yesterday ????[emoji44]

4 hours ago, HSS said:

Same in the Town.Every pub/shop we were in people were genuinely nice to us.A few businesses in Paisley should go up there and learn about good customer relations.

Absolutely. We had a few beers in the Stables pre-match, and despite the fact that it was mobbed and they were also serving food, the staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful.

19 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Felt that from midway through the first half, too many "supporters" forgot to support, on phones, talking about the Livingston game, hard to be sure but could easily have got to the team although that's up to the manager to sort.

Certainly a very disappointing 2nd half, never seemed to get out of 2nd gear. 

When players were asking fans what the Livi score was, I don't think you can lay the blame solely on the fans for being preoccupied with events elsewhere. Entirely understandable given the circumstances.

Guest TPAFKATS
If the club are looking at ways of raising extra cash, perhaps we could have a swear box for Gary Mack ?!?  [emoji33][emoji14]
I suggest we keep the swear box 'in the f**kin corner' [emoji6]

Guest TPAFKATS
Been looking through the Brechin threads on P&B and apparently this is the norm for him! [emoji38]
329300996.jpg?205
It's Bob Servent ?
Never noticed the tache on Saturday but he's an angry man [emoji23]

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I didn't. :blink:

My point was that the players and fans are getting preoccupied with events elsewhere at this stage of the season, and that players are as eager to find out other scores as the fans, with the title now a formality. 

2 minutes ago, Soctty said:

My point was that the players and fans are getting preoccupied with events elsewhere at this stage of the season, and that players are as eager to find out other scores as the fans, with the title now a formality. 

My point was that the fans were more concerned with events elsewhere and, as has been mentioned, the atmosphere was strange and lacked any sustained periods of support.

It's certainly becoming more apparent people are spending more and more time on mobile phones than watching or supporting the team. 

Also I would have hoped the manager had made it clear, certainly at half time, that the players had a game to win and the support had paid considerable money to see a performance.

2 minutes ago, shull said:

In his Column, in today's SUPER SOARAWAY SUN. 

Bill Leckie sums up perfectly.... 

Glebe Park on Saturday. 

And his Match Report is fantastic also. 

Derek SF makes an appearance. 

49 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

My point was that the fans were more concerned with events elsewhere and, as has been mentioned, the atmosphere was strange and lacked any sustained periods of support.

It's certainly becoming more apparent people are spending more and more time on mobile phones than watching or supporting the team. 

Also I would have hoped the manager had made it clear, certainly at half time, that the players had a game to win and the support had paid considerable money to see a performance.

Welcome to modern football. People are anxious about clinching the title, so they were checking other scores - it's the norm on most matchdays that fans check results - was just a bit more widespread given the circumstances on Saturday. The increased number of occasional supporters probably also added to the strange atmosphere - I had two in my party in that category.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Say the guy that made 14 posts during the game  :lol:

8 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Say the guy that made 14 posts during the game  :lol:

Thanks for  counting. :lol:

Trying to keep far away fuds up to date, didn't once look at other results, didn't need to as people were "watching" the results for most of the game.

Who give's a feck about other teams, as good as irrelevant. :byebye

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Welcome to modern football. People are anxious about clinching the title, so they were checking other scores - it's the norm on most matchdays that fans check results - was just a bit more widespread given the circumstances on Saturday. The increased number of occasional supporters probably also added to the strange atmosphere - I had two in my party in that category.

:lol:

47 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Thanks for  counting. :lol:

Trying to keep faraway fuds up to date, didn't once look at other results, didn't need to as people were "watching" the results for most of the game.

Who give's a feck about other teams, as good as irrelevant. :byebye

Talking to yerself then?

You'll be replying to your own posts soon.

Don't say you're turning into a Shull?

Actually quite funny on Saturday getting a stamp on back of your hand going in,reminded me of the Normandy hotel disco on a Saturday night, also watched some guy getting chased by a wee steward up and down the hedge area then he jooked in the crowd and he couldn't find him, Brechin players getting totally done by Morgan at edge box, all classic that unfortunately we won't see in the big league.

Well done Brechin, we had a laugh. :D

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:37 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

If the club are looking at ways of raising extra cash, perhaps we could have a swear box for Gary Mack ?!?  :o:P

Not all great, we could see the plook on the Assistant Referee's neck. :green

Guest TPAFKATS
Just want to point out, when we won league in 2006, we had 76 points , Brechin were 10th and had 2 wins
So that's 2 wins in 68 games last 2 visits to 2nd tier
In short- Do they really want to get promoted again?
I don't think they wanted promotion last season. They were kinda taken by surprise at winning the play offs.
The club refused to over spend though and despite an embarrassing points total, they have probably made a wee profit from the championship.