Need transport for 2 to brechin

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Anyone who thinks this game will be sell out is mental. It holds over 4000, we will take less than half that. Two thousand would be a magnificent support for a game at Brechin.

Agree that 2000 would be magnificent but we might just top that.  Any idea how many tickets we have sold? 

I know 4.of us are going up early to buy tickets at the ground on-the-go day. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Anyone who thinks this game will be sell out is mental. It holds over 4000, we will take less than half that. Two thousand would be a magnificent support for a game at Brechin.

I'd be surprised if we don't at least come close to selling it out. It's not every day you win the title.

Anybody who has a season ticket should be there. Why would you bother enduring mundane midweek home fixtures in the depths of winter and then pass up the opportunity to see us in our day in the sun winning the title?

Edited by LargsBud

2 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I'd be surprised if we don't at least come close to selling it out. It's not every day you win the title.

Anybody who has a season ticket should be there. Why would you bother enduring mundane midweek home fixtures in the depths of winter and then pass up the opportunity to see us in our day in the sun winning the title?

More than unlikely IMO. 

Time will tell. 

6 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Winning the title on sat is not in our own hands (which you know) which could mean some fans (my included) are still undecided if they are going to go. Some may hang off and go to the Utd game instead since the title would be in our own hand to win if it wasn't won on sat. As for our support, I will go for 2700.

21 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Winning the title on sat is not in our own hands (which you know) which could mean some fans (my included) are still undecided if they are going to go. Some may hang off and go to the Utd game instead since the title would be in our own hand to win if it wasn't won on sat. As for our support, I will go for 2700.

Anyone who has a season ticket has presumably been following us for at least a few years probably many more than that. I just don't understand why anyone would sit through all the shite we've been through then not bother going to one of the potentially most memorable days in our history. 

Personally I've seen us win the title twice. This will be the 3rd time. I just can't imagine missing that. 

I fully get not everyone is that into it and its a far way to go if you aren't that into it. Thats why I specifically mentioned season ticket holders. 

12 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Anyone who has a season ticket has presumably been following us for at least a few years probably many more than that. I just don't understand why anyone would sit through all the shite we've been through then not bother going to one of the potentially most memorable days in our history. 

Personally I've seen us win the title twice. This will be the 3rd time. I just can't imagine missing that. 

I fully get not everyone is that into it and its a far way to go if you aren't that into it. Thats why I specifically mentioned season ticket holders. 

Contradictory and really failing to see that everyone has different priorities and resources. 

Whoever wants, and can be there will be. 

Don't think anyone needs you, or anyone else, preaching what they should do. 

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Contradictory and really failing to see that everyone has different priorities and resources. 

Whoever wants, and can be there will be. 

Don't think anyone needs you, or anyone else, preaching what they should do. 

Pontificating again. Do you just cut and paste replies? 

The point being made by LargsBud is that from his perspective fans who have been attending through difficult times would want to be there watching when the title is won as it might be at Brechin . 

I doubt very much that he is in any way suggesting that those who can't make it due to personal or financial circumstances are in some way lesser fans.

Some who follow Saints progress are fortunate enough to be able to prioritise going to games and have the resources to do so. It is to this group that he is posing the question. Others may follow online, twitter or on TV or radio or perhaps reading newspaper reports pre and post match. They are no less St Mirren Fan for doing so of course.

Excitement is palpable. Many more than usual will travel. Our average travelling support this season has been just over 1,000. Suggestions made range from 2000 to 2700 . Very significant increase.  Should a further 1000 or so attend then this would be close to the core number who have been watching the team at home week by week and reflect the interest, priority given by these fans and their resources in attending games.

Edited by St.Ricky

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Pontificating again. Do you just cut and paste replies? 

I doubt very much that he is in any way suggesting that those who can't make it due to personal or financial circumstances are in some way lesser fans.

The very thing you said only a few days ago? :lol:

FRicky, you are a silly billy. :hammer

9 hours ago, LargsBud said:

Well I've had a season ticket for 17 years and been watching them for more than 50 years so I've see plenty of shite.  The different for me this time is we knew the league was won months ago, which had made it imho into a anti climate compared to the other times we have won the league. If it was like year 1977, 2000, 2006 when we could win the league on the day by our own effort then I would go. I just at this moment have doubts about going that distance knowing it is out of our hands and then having to travel all the way to Dundee 3 days later when it will be in our own hands.

18 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Well I've had a season ticket for 17 years and been watching them for more than 50 years so I've see plenty of shite.  The different for me this time is we knew the league was won months ago, which had made it imho into a anti climate compared to the other times we have won the league. If it was like year 1977, 2000, 2006 when we could win the league on the day by our own effort then I would go. I just at this moment have doubts about going that distance knowing it is out of our hands and then having to travel all the way to Dundee 3 days later when it will be in our own hands.

Or a total anti climax where we get pumped having already won the title the game before !!!