Uche Ikpeazu

17/03/13

6 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

This year's silly season is going to be a bumper edition, especially if McGinn gets sold by Hibs. It'll be like FlareyBob on acid.

If that happens, they'll been another zero or 2 on the price of any player we're interested in no doubt.

8 hours ago, pod said:

If that happens, they'll been another zero or 2 on the price of any player we're interested in no doubt.

Agreed. Shite as it sounds, our best bet is to hope Hibs hold out to the end of the transfer window to sell McGinn.

It's looking ever more likely they'll get the money they want for him as well given clubs like Celtic and West Ham are circling which can only be a good thing for us.

32 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Agreed. Shite as it sounds, our best bet is to hope Hibs hold out to the end of the transfer window to sell McGinn.

It's looking ever more likely they'll get the money they want for him as well given clubs like Celtic and West Ham are circling which can only be a good thing for us.

That won't  help us in the transfer market unfortunetly.

8 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Maybe we should start a list of the players we are pretty sure we wont sign and take it from there, could be quicker!!

8 hours ago, Soctty said:

Made the mistake of clicking the link...toilet paper...

List of won't sign 5ac505fcd06fa_toiletroll.jpg.4612b448bd0247501716165b4204cdf9.jpg   and will sign 5ac5060ee30ee_matchbox.jpg.2b0b63f4cb0be149683f4026fb19f7fa.jpg  :rolleyes:   (match of the day)

I doubt we could compete directly with Hearts in terms of wages, in fact, I'm certain we couldn't. But players don't always make decisions based on wages alone. The idea of this being a "shop window" move means he'll want to play as much football as possible, so a club where he starts off higher up the pecking order might be attractive. 

The other thing to consider would be the manager's ability to "sell" his vision of the club to a player and that player, with their agent doing their research before signing. This particular guy is only 23, a modern, progressive, driven manager like Ross might be more appealing than someone with Levien's reputation.

Sometimes it's not all about pounds and pence.

3 hours ago, Saint Garf said:

I doubt we could compete directly with Hearts in terms of wages, in fact, I'm certain we couldn't. But players don't always make decisions based on wages alone. The idea of this being a "shop window" move means he'll want to play as much football as possible, so a club where he starts off higher up the pecking order might be attractive. 

The other thing to consider would be the manager's ability to "sell" his vision of the club to a player and that player, with their agent doing their research before signing. This particular guy is only 23, a modern, progressive, driven manager like Ross might be more appealing than someone with Levien's reputation.

All we would need to do on that front is send him a video of Levein's 4-6-0 Scotland formation with a post it saying he hates strikers.

2 hours ago, madball said:

All we would need to do on that front is send him a video of Levein's 4-6-0 Scotland formation with a post it saying he hates strikers.

I remember a couple of years after that he was a pundit for the Scottish Cup final. During his time on air he said "If you have a striker you have somewhere to go". The irony was not lost on me...

6 hours ago, Saint Garf said:

Agree. And as Uche played for Crewe then Harry must know the guy and maybe it was Harry that tipped Jack off and I am sure Harry will say nice things to Uche about us. :)

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Karl Anthony Uchechukwu Mubiru Ikpeazu.   

Jeez , cant wait to see what songs the W7 guys would come up with for that one :rolleyes:

I'm thinking using Ottawan D.I.S.C.O

• He is K Karl
  • He is A Anthony
  • He is U Uchechekwu
  • He is M Mubiru
  • He is I I I Ikpeazu

Ok I'll get my coat :lol:

2 hours ago, Froggie said:

Craig tried this stunt, thinking players from the Jules Verne leagues could play in the top league here. It wont work. No thanks.

Plenty of talent in league one and two in England. 

That Tommy Craig didn't know his arse from his elbow shouldn't come into the equation. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That Tommy Craig didn't know his arse from his elbow shouldn't come into the equation. 

Wages will always be a problem enticing players from league 1, some of the top teams are still dishing out five figure weekly salaries.  Less so in two but some still have spending power equal to our top league .

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Agreed, as proven by Harry Davis. 

The problem is getting the right guys in. Whenever a Scottish club signs a guy from the lower leagues down south there's an assumption he'll turn out to be like Billy Mckay (when he was good) or Adam Rooney, when they're the exception rather than the rule.

The scouting network has been hugely expanded over the last six-12 months (in that we actually have one) so that combined with promotion will probably see us linked with a load of folk from down south over the summer.

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Wages will always be a problem enticing players from league 1, some of the top teams are still dishing out five figure weekly salaries.  Less so in two but some still have spending power equal to our top league .

True but Stephen McGinn and Ryan Flynn both came from League 1. I get McGinn is a bit of circumstances working in our favour but the fact is that there's a market, at least of some sort for guys to come up here.

The days of bring as much shite in as possible and see who is least poor in order to win a contract are thankfully gone. 

I think a 6ft3 target man who has a 1 in 3 ratio at that level is a decent enough addition on paper. Ikpeazu may not be the guy we go for but there is certainly decent enough players down there who will do a turn.

Edited by djchapsticks

48 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

True but Stephen McGinn and Ryan Flynn both came from League 1. I get McGinn is a bit of circumstances working in our favour but the fact is that there's a market, at least of some sort for guys to come up here.

The days of bring as much shite in as possible and see who is least poor in order to win a contract are thankfully gone. 

I think a 6ft3 target man who has a 1 in 3 ratio at that level is a decent enough addition on paper. Ikpeazu may not be the guy we go for but there is certainly decent enough players down there who will do a turn.

Very true, wonder how much influence SM had on Flynns decision to come on board ?  Also as has been mentioned elsewhere  Harry Davisplayed alongside  this chap so who knows ? 

Big Gary Mack must also have some former playing buds who fancy a crack at the SPFL premier