St.Ricky

Saint Mirren V Livingston 14 April

2 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

To be honest - the celebrations were the highlight of the day and well done to all the players and coaching staff over the season.

It has been a momentous 15 months or so.

From the greatest ever escape last season to stumbling over the line to the Championship this season.

However, we will have to strengthen for next season. While we did threaten Livi in front of goal especially in the second half, we were regularly outplayed by them in the middle of the park.

We persisted in heady 'keepy upy' for long stretches of this match despite the fact we have one of the smallest forward lines in the Championship. We regularly lost out on 50-50 situations and we will pay for this in the top flight next season unless we address this "shortfall".

McGinn and Magennis helped us to salvage a point along with McKenzie, but this performance did not make for pretty viewing.

Pretty it wasn't. Effective it was. Jack Ross already acknowledged on air that we need to add taller players for next season.  Good shout but we'll done the wee men as well as the big this season.

3 hours ago, Franny Fat said:

aye ma setterdays f**ked noo, nae buddie vision commentator pies announced and nae dads army on bbc twa tonight. :angry:

The brilliant Dads Army on Monday to Friday night on UK Gold. :)

2 minutes ago, shull said:

The brilliant Dads Army on Monday to Friday night on UK Gold. :)

I have the box set but still watch it on bbc 2, it is in fact on tonight

at 8.30pm, I thought it had been bumped for carpet feckin bowls

or something shite like that

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Saints had three stands plus a section of the North Stand. 

"Official" crowd given as around 6200

Plenty empty seats on family stand towards the main stand, Panda club section. West stand also has pockets of empty seats all over, particularly in W1 and W5. 

These stands may have been “sold out” but certainly not full. 

1 minute ago, davidg said:

Anyway, back to the game. 

Great day, glad we got it done and dusted today. We were the better team but as long as it was 0-0 it was going to be a nervy end to the game.  

Gary Mac was fantastic, great shift and great to see him back at his best. 

But McGinn was captain fantastic today. Playing through injury and putting himself about all over the park. When he jockeyed the ball out of play in the last 10 minutes really summed his performance up, what a captain. 

Player of the season for me.

Edited by Franny Fat

7 minutes ago, davidg said:

Plenty empty seats on family stand towards the main stand, Panda club section. West stand also has pockets of empty seats all over, particularly in W1 and W5. 

These stands may have been “sold out” but certainly not full. 

I'd guess there were 700-800 empty seats in the away end - Livi had 230 supporters or so and I'm guessing about 200 St Mirren fans in there as well. Not sure there was over 1000 empty seats in the 3 home stands, although I suppose once you spread out 300 empty seats over a stand its possible... even then you are talking about the family stand only being 75% full. Looked about 50 seats in beside the Panda Club and maybe a similar number in front rows of W5-7.

I made a small video of the tam mcgarry tribute, I have supported St Mirren for 50 years

and I know how much this club means to so many people and I though some people

might want to get this on their phones without having to download the full video from

youtube. 

tribute.wmv

Edited by Franny Fat

3 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I'd guess there were 700-800 empty seats in the away end - Livi had 230 supporters or so and I'm guessing about 200 St Mirren fans in there as well. Not sure there was over 1000 empty seats in the 3 home stands, although I suppose once you spread out 300 empty seats over a stand its possible... even then you are talking about the family stand only being 75% full. Looked about 50 seats in beside the Panda Club and maybe a similar number in front rows of W5-7.

You need to go over your math again. 

1600- 430 doesn’t = 700-800. 

Amazes me to think people genuinely believe that we can cheat attendance figures inside an all ticket stadium with a barcode entry turnstile system. 

Edited by davidg

5 minutes ago, davidg said:

You need to go over your math again. 

1600- 430 doesn’t = 700-800. 

Amazes me to think people genuinely think that we can cheat attendance figures inside an all ticket stadium with a barcode entry turnstile system. 

Aye, a remnant from the past I'm afraid.

Some people just can't let it go. 

Crap game but who the f**k cares about that? Reminded me a bit of the last game at Love Street - get through the afternoon without getting beaten and let the partying begin :cheers

Nervous during the game but looking back Sammy never had a save to make. Livey actually did turn up and looked happy to  take a point.  We were comfortable through out and with a bit of composure we could have easy won that 2-3 nil. 

No harm to Mullen but we looked way better when Reilly came on. Cammy was a bit below par but even so scrapped away. Hippo looked good when came on. 

Champions 

18 minutes ago, Stu said:

Crap game but who the f**k cares about that? Reminded me a bit of the last game at Love Street - get through the afternoon without getting beaten and let the partying begin :cheers

Didn't think the game was that bad. Doesn't really matter though, got the point we needed and pretty comfortably too. :D

13 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Didn't think the game was that bad. Doesn't really matter though, got the point we needed and pretty comfortably too. :D

Got to give credit to Livvi. They played to their strengths. It wasnt the silkiest foitball match I have seen but both teams gained an important point. Clinched the title for Saints and kept Livvi in second place. I thought Danny Mullan put in a great shift before going off. Never gave the Livvi defence a moments peace. Big Gary cleared his lines. Ginto had some great moments and Stephen McGinn sprayed some good passes around and controlled play later in the game.

Not the best of games, but we did more than enough prior to today to allow us the luxury of a 0-0 to get us over the line. There can’t have been many more 0-0 results celebrated with such gusto.

Players saluting the fans and vice versa at the end was the highlight for me. Although Jack’s thanks to all walking round afterwards probably pipped it.

Even listening to his and then Tony’s interview on Radio Scotland on the way home added to the day. There does seem to be a bond there and hopefully in can continue to grow...top 4 or maybe even winning the top league and I would take Jack over Brendon any day of the week...what a man Tony Fitz is - Mr Saint Mirren indeed.

Stelios time wasting on three separate occasions as an unused sub was also pretty funny to see for anyone in the Westbank who may have missed it.

Have a safe night everyone, here’s hoping the feel good factor lasts...

COYS

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Lol. Nit Picker 

I was in the West Stand... No spaces there.

Main Stand.... No spaces there. 

SouthStand.... No spaces there. 

North Stand tickets were sold to Saints Fans.... Estimate 150-200

North Stand around 270 Livvi Fans. 

No more that I can (will) say. 

new-stadium-1.jpg

I have no desire to get between you and faraway but, from my seat in W1, I counted in front of me at least 40 empty seats in my area and I am in the 1st row against the partition. I could also see a dozen plus seats in front of the police box in the main stand. Plenty of seats also along the front of the south stand. Suggest you visit the ref website for spec savers  :rolleyes: