Jack Ross Speculation

Decent Thread which will be busy during the Summer. 

I think Jack will be gone and we will have a new Manager come August. 

Hopkin, Aitken or Danny Lennon, I would be happy as our Boss. 

Wee Baldy as an outsider. 

Although, I would really prefer Ross to stay for at least another Season. 

1 minute ago, shull said:

:lol:

4 minutes ago, shull said:

Aitken :lol::lol:

This season has proven how limited he is as a manager at this level, never mind the Premier League.

19 minutes ago, scottd said:

Aitken :lol::lol:

This season has proven how limited he is as a manager at this level, never mind the Premier League.

Hopkin has done an amazing job in bringing Livvi up and having them challenge at the top. Still hope that JR stays however.  Also a fan of Danny Lennon but his appointment might split the support.

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Hopkin has done an amazing job in bringing Livvi up and having them challenge at the top. Still hope that JR stays however.  Also a fan of Danny Lennon but his appointment might split the support.

Hopkin is a decent shout but I feel that Danny’s time has come and gone.

Steven Aitken would be an absolutely dreadful appointment.

30 minutes ago, shull said:

While we are at it, how about we resign Lavetty, Lexi, Stark and Yards? Danny and Gus have had their day. Hopkin would be a good shout though.

Dreadful the abuse Ricky gets on here. 

Along with Elvis, he is one of the most inoffensive on the Forum. 

As I mentioned, thankfully the BLAND AND BORING BRIGADE dinnae start many Threads. 

Zzzzzzzzzzzz 

Let's talk tactics :lol:

If, as and when and with a heavy heart, we have to look for a replacement, the more I've watched and heard Gary Naysmith he isn't that bad an outside bet.

I tend to think that QotS  punch a little above their weight and he has helped them this year push a lot of the more fancied teams with just  about every match. They have had a bad run of injuries, but still put in reasonable performances.

I'm not a betting man, but he would certainly be in my 'consideration list'.

4 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

If, as and when and with a heavy heart, we have to look for a replacement, the more I've watched and heard Gary Naysmith he isn't that bad an outside bet.

I tend to think that QotS  punch a little above their weight and he has helped them this year push a lot of the more fancied teams with just  about every match. They have had a bad run of injuries, but still put in reasonable performances.

I'm not a betting man, but he would certainly be in my 'consideration list'.

A brief look at the Queen of the South thread on Pie & Bovril would soon change your mind.

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

A brief look at the Queen of the South thread on Pie & Bovril would soon change your mind.

A mixture of disillusionment with the BoDs and also general disquiet with the product on the park............................. I wonder where I've heard that before?

They haven't had the best of luck with keeping their key players fit, and they do rely on Dobbie to such an extent that if he is off his game or unavailable then they struggle. As I said, I think they tend to punch a little above their weight and that means that they have to perform to the best of their abilities consistently.

They have an average  home crowd this year of 1400+, which is better than a few teams in this league, but I wonder what it would be if they were really challenging for the top 4?

I made my comments based on what I've seen and heard from GN in after match interviews. As you know, as a manager of any business you either have to motivate the poor staff you have and get them to perform for you, or replace them and ship them out (if you can)! I'm not saying he would be my first pick in an interview, but i would at least give him consideration.

Hopkin has been mentioned fairly frequently, personally from what I've seen of Livingston, they are pretty one dimensional and not that inspirational in how they play. Yes he will be making the most of what he has available, but I would hate to go and watch that trend of football on a weekly basis!

18 hours ago, shull said:

Hopkin and Aitken would crash & burn just like Murray, Rae, Teale and Tommy Farah...

the irony for me is the way Danny Lennon set us up to play, and won "plaudits from the pundits", but "pelters from the punters" is exactly the style of football we have all enjoyed this last year or so....

if Ross left before getting sacked i would use the compo wisely and bring in a previously proven manager/coach who is either out of a job, or open to jumping ship. Even if they come for a season and get tempted away the work the likes of Steve Clarke has done at Killie, and Robbie Neilson at Hearts would be so worth it.

41 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hopkin and Aitken would crash & burn just like Murray, Rae, Teale and Tommy Farah...

Bit harsh on Teale, Sir Alex Ferguson wouldn't have kept up that shite squad Tommy Craig left behind.

Rae obviously left us in a precarious position which JR did the impossible and kept us up, but he did at least do something useful at the beginning and kept us up in our first season back down...so maybe only half of a crash and burn :lol:

5 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Bit harsh on Teale, Sir Alex Ferguson wouldn't have kept up that shite squad Tommy Craig left behind.

Rae obviously left us in a precarious position which JR did the impossible and kept us up, but he did at least do something useful at the beginning and kept us up in our first season back down...so maybe only half of a crash and burn :lol:

Welcome onboard Cornwall

Problem with Rae was, he was to quick to blame others, and obviously do Rangers games whilst our manager is not on..... in a short he was/is a wee prick

12 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Welcome onboard Cornwall

Problem with Rae was, he was to quick to blame others, and obviously do Rangers games whilst our manager is not on..... in a short he was/is a wee prick

Didn't know he was still doing pundit work while managing us,  I avoid Rangers (and Celtic) games at all costs so that is quite poor. That doesn't go well with how disastrous his second season was.

6 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Didn't know he was still doing pundit work while managing us,  I avoid Rangers (and Celtic) games at all costs so that is quite poor. That doesn't go well with how disastrous his second season was.

Spot on................ he also had a shocking relationship with our new Chairman, going way back, thinking about it, it was a great day for Saints when the wee shit got sacked. Love to see him squirm when Saints are discussed now on BT Sport

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Yes agreed Teale got a hospital pass, and Rae wasnt the new chairman's cup of tea.