Open top Bus and Party

Ok even biggest feartie knickerwetter must accept that we are going to win the league! I'm assuming the open top bus will be after the Falkirk game on the Saturday around 7ish but where do people reckon the big party will be? After the League cup final in 2013 it was Viennas.

1 minute ago, shull said:

Hopefully, there will be an Open Top Bus. 

2006, it was a Sunday afternoon. 

I'd prefer it to be the Saturday night, of course there should be an open top bus especially after the huge turnaround since last season. Whether it is Saturday or Sunday it should definitely happen.

24 minutes ago, scottd said:

2006 was a Saturday evening.  2000 on the other hand was a Sunday afternoon.

I think you are correct. 

Was 2000, the Sunday,the day  after Inverness ? 

44 minutes ago, shull said:

Hopefully, there will be an Open Top Bus. 

2006, it was a Sunday afternoon. 

No it wasn't. It was a sunny Saturday evening about an hour after we lost 1-0 to St. Johnstone.

Never mind - see you've already been put right. :P 

Edited by djchapsticks

Just now, saintargyll said:

The league cup open top bus was a nightmare

2 miles per hour in freezing conditions

f**k that......just  whizz it roon so we can all get back into the pub

Naw 

why the bull inn. after 2013 cup final after they had made a fortune. told us they didn't want St.Mirren fans in there anymore. So f**k them.

Seriously, did they ??
Hmmmmm, food for thought.
In struggling pub land I thought the Bull was half way decent.
If true I’ll try erm, Lang’s ???

29 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
34 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Seriously, did they ??
Hmmmmm, food for thought.
In struggling pub land I thought the Bull was half way decent.
If true I’ll try erm, Lang’s ???

heard langs is closing. might just be a rumour.

It's not even called Langs now it's the Brewers Tap.  It was closed last weekend, not sure why.

14 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Ok even biggest feartie knickerwetter must accept that we are going to win the league! I'm assuming the open top bus will be after the Falkirk game on the Saturday around 7ish but where do people reckon the big party will be? After the League cup final in 2013 it was Viennas.

Maybe it felt like that to the people who ventured into the whoremarket.  I can assure you that the "party" occurred all over Paisley that evening.  After spending a very happy evening in the Bull I rolled down New Street, happily bouncing along.  I recall a very large queue at the old Paisley daily express offices (now Vienna's) so I wandered past and went into a nightclub that is next to the kebab shop (between that and the premise now known as the cave) at the bottom of New Street.  No idea the places name but it was all on one level, with no stairs to climb I was able to attend for my oh so regular pish without having to negotiate any stairs.  Anyway, back to point, the atmosphere in that place certainly constituted that of a "party".

So in conclusion, the old Paisley express office building was NOT the only party occurring in Paisley that evening, not the only party by a longshot, a longshot indeed.

11 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
11 hours ago, ironsaints87 said:
Open top bus fireworks and free beer in the Bull Inn emoji51.pngemoji106.png

why the bull inn. after 2013 cup final after they had made a fortune. told us they didn't want St.Mirren fans in there anymore. So f**k them.

They obviously changed their mind. The Bull inn issues Buddies Cards to Season ticket holders which give 15% discount on all drinks. Saints fans drink in there in fairly large numbers at less than £3 a pint.   

9 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

It is,obviously the Bankhouse is the big favourite with St Mirren fans. I've been to the Brewers Tap before the game a few times and it's not been busy.

The Bankhouse also look after Saints fans with a 10% discount for ST holders meaning they also drink in there in large numbers at less than £3 a pint too.

Its only my opinion but these two pubs who welcome and look after saints fans should reap some reward come the celebrations.

Edited by East Lothian Saint