When Would Our Directors Prefer To Win Title ?

Obviously against Falkirk at Home on the 17th of April.

The Morton match will be a sellout anyway.

The Livingston game will be a near sellout if Title is still there to be won.

So the Home match versus Falkirk will have St Mirren Park near full and rocking if we can clinch the Title that night.

ALL THE XTRA REVENUE WOULD GO A LONG WAY TO FUNDING A NEW ASTROTURF PITCH AT RALSTON.

So in Shull world the directors are going to tell JR to tell the playing squad to make sure they don't win the next couple of games thus ensuring we win the title at home - this must be the dumbest most idiotic thread of all time and coming on here and coming from Shull that is saying something !!!!!!

Our directors will be like the rest of us - AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY is the answer !

Ayrshire dude contributing his usual nil apart from daft abuse. 

Putting words in my mouth in his state of high excitement. 

Just saying our Board of Directors would maybe prefer the scenario I stated. 

Winning the Title on Saturday will be fabulous, although it will decrease the attendances by thousands at the Livingston and Falkirk matches. 

The earlier we win the league, the earlier we can start preparing for next season you would imagine with regards to contract renewals and shortlist of targets for next season based on promotion. Yes, we are one or two games away from winning the title regardless now, though this is the best position we have been in for years, with having time to prepare for the following season.

46 minutes ago, shull said:

Winning the Title on Saturday will be fabulous, although it will decrease the attendances by thousands at the Livingston and Falkirk matches. 

Mate you're on the wind up here aren't you. You're just bored and haven't started a thread for 15 mins right?  

Our BOD want what all supporters want. Saints to win football matches...... that's it. No agendas , just victories and £533k in the bank for winning the league............. there is no sentiment in football, and our crowds will be just fine, and with the league won, merchandise , attendance and planning on next season, potential season tickets, and all the other things that make football clubs tick can start as soon as we win league.......

Just to add- We can only win League Sat IF livi don't win.................... so you may get your wish ....................

Even Brechin have more points than your threads:whistle

11 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

The earlier we win the league, the earlier we can start preparing for next season you would imagine with regards to contract renewals and shortlist of targets for next season based on promotion. Yes, we are one or two games away from winning the title regardless now, though this is the best position we have been in for years, with having time to prepare for the following season.

Difficult to argue with this. The Morton game will be a sell out and the Livi match close to one as it will be (I hope)  that the Champions come home after several away games.  If they have sold-out then there will be a much bigger than average crowd for the midweek game against Falkirk. A costly time to be a buddie but worth every penny.  Spend it wisely Board of Directors. 

21 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

If we win the league on Saturday there will be a drop in crowds IMO, Morton game apart, as there will be no real point in the remaining games.

26 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Mate you're on the wind up here aren't you. You're just bored and haven't started a thread for 15 mins right?  

Our BOD want what all supporters want. Saints to win football matches...... that's it. No agendas , just victories and £533k in the bank for winning the league............. there is no sentiment in football, and our crowds will be just fine, and with the league won, merchandise , attendance and planning on next season, potential season tickets, and all the other things that make football clubs tick can start as soon as we win league.......

Just to add- We can only win League Sat IF livi don't win.................... so you may get your wish ....................

Not my wish for Livi not to win. 

You, like Ayrshire Dude, making things up. 

Our Club didn't seem to want to win the Raith Rovers cup tie, earlier in the Season. 

I am guessing our Board would love 2 bumper pay days with title clinching opportunities versus Livingston and Falkirk. 

The money would help towards a new AstroTurf pitch at Ralston. 

32 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Dunno why I even respond to your absolutely shite replies. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

And if that were the case and they did think along your lines how do they achieve that then without us losing games ???

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

8 minutes ago, shull said:

Like conversing with a 2year old.

If the scenario worked out, even with us losing, they might be cool with it.

It's all hypothetical 

Why don't u ask them?

Or are you worried they might think you're a total fanny for asking such a stupid question ?

On 05/04/2018 at 12:21 PM, faraway saint said:

If we win the league on Saturday there will be a drop in crowds IMO, Morton game apart, as there will be no real point in the remaining games.

Not surprisingly I take a different view. The Livi game and Morton games will sell out for home fans.  Falkirk will not unless........... Not going there. 

Edited by St.Ricky

54 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Not surprisingly I take a different view. The Livin game and Morton games will sell out for home fans.  Falkirk will not unless........... Not going there. 

With hopefully the Title being won on Saturday or Tuesday, the Livingston match will be a non event, friendly, kickabout. 

Fans ain't gonnae fill the place and paying 20 quid for an irrelevant event. 

Some Season Ticket holders might not bother turning up. 

There will be even less attendance for the Falkirk friendly. 

On the other hand, the place will be packed for the Morton game and the handing over of our well deserved Trophy for scooshing the League. 

The only disappointment was not winning the Challenge Cup to make it a Double triumph like 2006.

OH WHEN THE SAINTS 

Edited by shull

27 minutes ago, shull said:

With hopefully the Title being won on Saturday or Tuesday, the Livingston match will be a non event, friendly, kickabout. 

Fans ain't gonnae fill the place and paying 20 quid for an irrelevant event. 

Some Season Ticket holders might not bother turning up. 

There will be even less attendance for the Falkirk friendly. 

On the other hand, the place will be packed for the Morton game and the handing over of our well deserved Trophy for scooshing the League. 

The only disappointment was not winning the Challenge Cup to make it a Double triumph like 2006.

OH WHEN THE SAINTS 

Congratulations, a sensible post, first this year? :wink: