Winning the league

We’re 12 points ahead of Livingston and we’re 10 goals better off in goal difference terms. 

That means if we lose our remaining games each by one goal and Livingston win their remaining games each by one goal we’ll finish the season on the same points and one goal better off resulting in us going up as champions. 

Going up as champions is what we all want so I imagine we’re all perfectly comfortable with that scenario. 

Remember this time last year we needed goal difference to dodge the relegation play off. 

3 minutes ago, uhura said:

We’re 12 points ahead of Livingston and we’re 10 goals better off in goal difference terms. 

That means if we lose our remaining games each by one goal and Livingston win their remaining games each by one goal we’ll finish the season on the same points and one goal better off resulting in us going up as champions. 

Going up as champions is what we all want so I imagine we’re all perfectly comfortable with that scenario. 

Remember this time last year we needed goal difference to dodge the relegation play off. 

Yes, and you could be right.

The again, FFS! 

26 minutes ago, uhura said:

Maybe worth putting a bet on then  :lol:

If today v Brechin proves anything it shows that we are going to face stiff opposition on our way to (I hope and believe) winning the title. Great to get that single point we need as soon as possible ... i.e. against Dundee United and  be able to enjoy our 3 upcoming home games against Livvi (should be a cracker ), Falkirk and Morton in front of big crowds.

3 hours ago, uhura said:

Given the season we have had I would be raging if your scenario came true !!!!

3 hours ago, uhura said:

In a recent long list of ludicrous threads this is up there.

Anyone who thinks your suggestion is possible should really seek medical advice.

The league has been over for quite some time.

I despair. :wacko:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

In a recent long list of ludicrous threads this is up there.

Anyone who thinks your suggestion is possible should really seek medical advice.

The league has been over for quite some time.

I despair. :wacko:

Dry yer eyes mate. It’s a gentle wee thought experiment for a Saturday evening. If your in the mood for despair there must be more pressing issues than some piffle posted on a footie fans’ supports forum. 

One point from the next fifteen available, to be champions, erm yes, thanks.

Imagine that scenario at the start of this season.

Simply Fabulous

That’s if Livi don’t drop any points which is guaranteed. What a 12 month turnaround. Unbelievable. Not felt this good since St Mirren’s Day. Let us enjoy the rollercoaster of being a buddie [emoji16]