Stephen McGinn Suspension

There was chat on the bus on the way up yesterday that McGinn is due to serve a suspension. Does anyone know when this will kick in, and for how many games?

To be fair, we haven't suffered from too many suspensions (or injuries, for that matter) this season, so can't grumble.

Just now, FTOF said:

Latest suspension list would back up EAB's statement. Although I don't know whether I'm happy that Scott McDonald is suspended for Tuesday or not.

Capture.PNG

I’m happy he’s suspended. He’s always capable of nicking a goal. I just hope they don’t bag their manager until Wednesday morning.

21 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Latest suspension list would back up EAB's statement. Although I don't know whether I'm happy that Scott McDonald is suspended for Tuesday or not.

Capture.PNG

He looked like their best player in the Dumbarton highlights. So happy that he is suspended for this one.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Capture.PNG

The latest suspension list on the SFA website is from before the Caley Thistle game, when McGinn was booked. For some reason they haven't published one last week, they are usually out every Thursday or Friday. Maybe no one in Scottish football got suspended that weekend!

If the Caley Thistle game was enough to take him over the threshold then it'll be the Livi game he misses as it usually takes two weeks for a suspension for too many yellow cards to kick in. Soccerbase shows him as only having five so if the cut-off is six he'll be fine. If we get the business done by then, I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of him and anyone else close to a ban rested from the midweek Falkirk game onwards as any ban picked up from that point won't start until the new season.

Like you, mixed feelings on McDonald being out. His individual stats are impressive but it may be United play better without him - let's face it, they can't be much worse!

1 minute ago, Stu said:

The latest suspension list on the SFA website is from before the Caley Thistle game, when McGinn was booked. For some reason they haven't published one last week, they are usually out every Thursday or Friday. Maybe no one in Scottish football got suspended that weekend!

If the Caley Thistle game was enough to take him over the threshold then it'll be the Livi game he misses as it usually takes two weeks for a suspension for too many yellow cards to kick in. Soccerbase shows him as only having five so if the cut-off is six he'll be fine. If we get the business done by then, I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of him and anyone else close to a ban rested from the midweek Falkirk game onwards as any ban picked up from that point won't start until the new season.

Like you, mixed feelings on McDonald being out. His individual stats are impressive but it may be United play better without him - let's face it, they can't be much worse!

It might mean that they start with Mikkelesen.

We don't really defend very well against big strikers that put themselves about a bit.

There was chat on the bus on the way up yesterday that McGinn is due to serve a suspension. Does anyone know when this will kick in, and for how many games?
To be fair, we haven't suffered from too many suspensions (or injuries, for that matter) this season, so can't grumble.

We were badly affected by injuries and suspensions at the start of the season.

At one point we played a back three of Ecko, Buchanan and Irvine. In that match Irvine got a red card and was subsequently suspended, but luckily Baird was coming back from suspension. We've been lucky in the midfield (suspension wise) I guess.

Yeah, just found that bit myself after looking through the SFA handbook for the details without success. However, I do now know you're not allowed to sponsor yellow and red cards, so that's something.

As for Mikkelesen, I would say maybe we'll be better with Gary Mac up against him but he seemed to struggle yesterday up against Layne. Hopefully he'll have learned from the trip to Tannadice this time last season and know sticking your studs into an opponent's chest is allowed :)

On 11/04/2018 at 12:22 AM, SBS said:

Was limping quite heavily at the end. Hopefully not too bad.

You're right,  he was. He has been a  very influential player for us. 

Whether through injury or suspension we are likely to miss him.

An opportunity for one of the squad to step up. 

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Yes it is, the question is who?

The obvious anwer is Ian McShane and I have no reservations in that regard whatsoever.  However with Livingston's extremely physical apporach to the game could this be an opportunity to stick the more robust Massimo Donati in?

Time will tell, actually it will be Jacks team sheet that tells, Jacks team sheet indeed.

Donati didn't have the legs to play midfield in the top league and was slower than a week in jail, according to my Hamilton supporting relative.

Whether he could cope with the demands of the Championship in a midfield role is up for debate.

Just now, Hambud said:

I thought his suspension wouldn't kick in until falkirk away?

Correct.

7 minutes ago, Hambud said:

I thought his suspension wouldn't kick in until falkirk away?

I think you are right. I am more concerned about his injury. 

27 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Yes it is, the question is who?

The obvious anwer is Ian McShane and I have no reservations in that regard whatsoever.  However with Livingston's extremely physical apporach to the game could this be an opportunity to stick the more robust Massimo Donati in?

Time will tell, actually it will be Jacks team sheet that tells, Jacks team sheet indeed.

McShane played an important part in getting us to the top of the league so would have confidence in hiim.

We have built a squad to win the league rather  than a first 11.