Powder Keg

Guest TPAFKATS
Middle East Syria in particular this could kick off big time  so many countries involved.  Anyone attacks Isreal  that's it . Worrying times or do I watch too much news? 

Meanwhile it's 'Isreal' who are doing the atacking.

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Middle East Syria in particular this could kick off big time  so many countries involved.  Anyone attacks Isreal  that's it . Worrying times or do I watch too much news? 

Definitely watching to much propaganda as news no longer exists.  The days of events actually being reported on are gone, nowadays a lot of it is comment and partial opinion being passed off as fact.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/09/douma-syria-regime-bashar-al-assad-murder-civilians#comments

This disgraceful piece in The Guardian is promoting the fact the UK should take military action because of "Assad's chemical attack", while of course not giving us any evidence the Syrian government actually carried  this attack.

If you go to the comments section, change Comments:Newest to Recommendations ,  it's clear that many people in the UK (and elsewhere) have given up on their media, many of us after the WMDs in Iraq nonsense we were fed. Thankfully this lack of belief in the media is one positive in otherwise worrying times. I'm delighted to see the author has been torn apart for this horror of a "news piece".  I of course put in my thoughts too :D

8 hours ago, scottd said:

Definitely watching to much propaganda as news no longer exists.  The days of events actually being reported on are gone, nowadays a lot of it is comment and partial opinion being passed off as fact.

B*C propaganda became particularly clear in the run up to the Scottish Referendum and also the run up to the vote on Europe. .

I think the James Bond movie , Tomorrow Never Dies summed up how the press actually work nowadays. .

B*C propaganda became particularly clear in the run up to the Scottish Referendum and also the run up to the vote on Europe. .
I think the James Bond movie , Tomorrow Never Dies summed up how the press actually work nowadays. .
Funny that...
I made reference to that in another thread and three people in a row shot me down in flames and ridiculed me for making the whole accusations of BBC bias up! It was so laughable that I didn't even feel it was worthy of a reply.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Funny that...
I made reference to that in another thread and three people in a row shot me down in flames and ridiculed me for making the whole accusations of BBC bias up! It was so laughable that I didn't even feel it was worthy of a reply.

TBH , I only really saw the corporations bias in 2014 . I hadn't really thought about it up until then , obviously at some point they moved away from just reporting but I don't know when that was . .

10 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
13 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Meanwhile it's 'Isreal' who are doing the atacking.

Really?

they took action against a facility that they say sent aircraft into their airspace. Much as i detest the expansionist agenda I think they are within their rights to send a few warnings and deter more serious action.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Funny that...

No they ridiculed you because you implied that all people who voted yes boycott the BBC.

Maybe if you had said "some Yes voters" you would have been correct.

You're not having a good week so far.

You should breathe between your fits of pique.

Edited by FTOF

No they ridiculed you because you implied that all people who voted yes boycott the BBC. Maybe if you had said "some Yes voters" you would have been correct. You're not having a good week so far. You should breathe between your fits of pique. 

There was no such implication whatsoever. If you chose to take it that way then so be it. Obviously it is not all yes voters. That was such a fundemental gimme I honestly didn't think it worth stating. Gee your awfy touchy!

5 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

TBH , I only really saw the corporations bias in 2014 . I hadn't really thought about it up until then , obviously at some point they moved away from just reporting but I don't know when that was . .

Many people down here have a bad image of Scottish Nationalism and the SNP because of the terrible coverage they get. A number of them think it's an anti-English campaign and don't understand what the SNP is actually about.

Naturally the Conservatives are very helpful in this bad imagery. I remember billboards down here showing Alex Salmond picking the pocket of Ed Miliband in their "Labour-SNP coalition would be awful" campaign.

Guest TPAFKATS
2014 for me too. Its gotten worse since then though. I wouldn't say it's a political bias, it's a state bias.

Guest TPAFKATS
Really?
they took action against a facility that they say sent aircraft into their airspace. Much as i detest the expansionist agenda I think they are within their rights to send a few warnings and deter more serious action.
Oh, so everytime theres a perceived airspace incursion then it's OK to bomb the country you claim the planes came from. Why don't we do that with Russia?
It's nothing to do with the chemical attack that is blamed on assad.
Nothing to do with israel giving air support to Islamic militants fighting assad. The same mutants who are funded from Saudi and UAE and armed by USA and UK?

Yeah its all about encroaching into airspace.

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
10 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

2014 for me too. Its gotten worse since then though. I wouldn't say it's a political bias, it's a state bias.

It's a public broadcast service that isn't meant to have any bias because we are all paying for the service but they definitely have an agenda now..

28. We have a right to a free and fair world. .