Roy Of The Rovers

Bar the three mentioned above, which were enjoyable, I'm not sure I really remember too many football based comic strip stories.

As much as I liked Tiger, Victor, Hotspur etc, the wee commando comics were my favourite. Learned a few foreign exclamations reading those!

2000 AD and the quite violent Action, were my favourites of the more modern efforts.

The palpable excitement of waiting for the issue of the "summer specials" and the annuals at Xmas.:lol:

Happy days!

99b9531f895fc97319f7646c6529f898.jpg

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Bar the three mentioned above, which were enjoyable, I'm not sure I really remember too many football based comic strip stories.

As much as I liked Tiger, Victor, Hotspur etc, the wee commando comics were my favourite. Learned a few foreign exclamations reading those!

2000 AD and the quite violent Action, were my favourites of the more modern efforts.

The palpable excitement of waiting for the issue of the "summer specials" and the annuals at Xmas.:lol:

Happy days!

99b9531f895fc97319f7646c6529f898.jpg

:lol:

11 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Gott im Himmel!!!

I'll raise you a "Banzai!". :P

Although, when I used Google image to search for the Commando covers, there was one called "Jap Killer", which certainly wouldn't be allowed in this day and age!