Gretna V St Mirren. 9th April 2008

we played out a pretty awful 0-0 draw with Gretna at Fir Park on the date in the title above.
It did us no good whatsoever in our fight against relegation that season, although, maybe  that point was vital in the end.
I brightened things up a bit at half time by phoning Fir Park from here and asking if they would announce for 2 Saints fans John Farmer and Boris Brown fae Campbeltown (a B&W  Army alias of mine at the time, and still) to phone home.
I heard it on the radio and a laugh and cheer from St Mirren fans.
Ah yes.....the mad old days when I had energy and drive for such nonsense!:rolleyes::P

Technology has certainly moved on a lot since then though.

11 minutes ago, farmer john said:

we played out a pretty awful 0-0 draw with Gretna at Fir Park on the date in the title above.
It did us no good whatsoever in our fight against relegation that season, although, maybe  that point was vital in the end.
I brightened things up a bit at half time by phoning Fir Park from here and asking if they would announce for 2 Saints fans John Farmer and Boris Brown fae Campbeltown (a B&W  Army alias of mine at the time, and still) to phone home.
Ah yes.....the mad old days when I had energy and drive for such nonsense!:rolleyes::P

:lol:

Four  games left.

Give us more.

3 hours ago, farmer john said:

I near shat masel' that night when I heard my name over the Tannoy!

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

These are all the games we've played on April 12 and I don't remember any of them. :wacko:

http://www.fitbastats.com/stmirren/news_onthisday.php

Handy website that. Tuesday was my birthday and I said to someone we would lose at Tannadice as I can't remember us ever having had a good result on my website. Sure enough, we've lost our last six games on April 10 and our last win was eight years before I was born!

Season 59-60..... after our Cup win

I want to know what happened on the 5th of March 1960, after losing a Cup replay to Celtic we then lost 7-0 to eh Stirling Albion at Home!!!! Lots of goals that season , we drew 4-4 then lost 5-2 to Celtic in Cup, and drew 4-4 with Hearts, then went on to lose 4-3, 4-3 and 4-2....  all within 6 weeks!!  Our manager Willie Reid obviously was not defensively minded .... we also had a few 6-1 defeats and a few 5-1 wins????? All for about 3p a game

Answers on a postcard, no doubt some of the ole timers were probably at these games................ Oh lets not forget a wee 15-0 win in Jan!!!!

5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

These are all the games we've played on April 12 and I don't remember any of them. :wacko:

http://www.fitbastats.com/stmirren/news_onthisday.php

Me neither. You'd think we'd remember the Kilmarnock game in 1980, as presumably we'd still have been in the hunt for the title at that point. I've no recollection though.

• 2 weeks later...