Grand National 2018

pozbaird

I don’t follow horse racing, don’t have a clue. I’ve heard of Red Rum, that’s it. However, every year, I am instructed by Mrs Poz and her sister to pick a horse for the National. So, in the spirit of playing along and getting them to shut up....:P

I’ve just had a look at the runners. I wanted a St Mirren related name. There’s two.... Saint Are, and Double Ross.

Hmmmmmm.... the race is just after our game against Livvy. Could we get the point we need, then just afterwards....

Double Ross.

I’m all-in..... thruppence ha’penny on the nose. Double Ross. Run you nag, run!

I don’t follow horse racing, don’t have a clue. I’ve heard of Red Rum, that’s it. However, every year, I am instructed by Mrs Poz and her sister to pick a horse for the National. So, in the spirit of playing along and getting them to shut up....[emoji14]
I’ve just had a look at the runners. I wanted a St Mirren related name. There’s two.... Saint Are, and Double Ross.
Hmmmmmm.... the race is just after our game against Livvy. Could we get the point we need, then just afterwards....
Double Ross.
personally myself the race should be banned until it's safer for the horses. it's not different from fox hunting or pheasent shooting and the likes.

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:
9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:
I don’t follow horse racing, don’t have a clue. I’ve heard of Red Rum, that’s it. However, every year, I am instructed by Mrs Poz and her sister to pick a horse for the National. So, in the spirit of playing along and getting them to shut up....emoji14.png
Double Ross.

personally myself the race should be banned until it's safer for the horses. it's not different from fox hunting or pheasent shooting and the likes.

OMG, I’ve unleashed a monster. (The thread, not you mate). :P

1 minute ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Saint Are finished third last year but he's getting on a bit now.

I read the review of all the runners on the Guardian newspaper’s online article. Double Ross doesn’t appear to be a no-hope dud, but might tire late on. Still, I have to choose one, so will stick with Double Ross. :D

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I read the review of all the runners on the Guardian newspaper’s online article. Double Ross doesn’t appear to be a no-hope dud, but might tire late on. Still, I have to choose one, so will stick with Double Ross. :D

It's currently the joint biggest price at 100/1

55 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I don’t follow horse racing, don’t have a clue. I’ve heard of Red Rum, that’s it. However, every year, I am instructed by Mrs Poz and her sister to pick a horse for the National. So, in the spirit of playing along and getting them to shut up....:P

Double Ross.

Could go for Final Nudge. Thats all we need this weekend 

Guest TPAFKATS
It really isn't like either of those.
Having said that I haven't bet on it the last couple of years as I agree the fences at Aintree need to be made safer/easier for the horses.
I still bet on other meetings though.

2 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

The race was first run in 1839. There have only been five winners at odds of 100/1.

So would I be right in saying the odds are around 36/1 for a horse with odds of 100/1 winning the race   :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

A 100/1 winner would appear to happen, on average, every 36 years.

However, we had one only 9 years ago so the next one might no be for a while yet.

Poz is to old to wait that long     :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

The race was first run in 1839. There have only been five winners at odds of 100/1.

I'm sure that's the odds you'd have got on us being a top flight side for 2018/19 when we were heading towards relegation to League One last season :P

Ross done it once...now for the Double Ross...

4 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I'm sure that's the odds you'd have got on us being a top flight side for 2018/19 when we were heading towards relegation to League One last season :P

Ross done it once...now for the Double Ross...

I like the cut of your jib. Mon’ the Double Ross.... Stelios or Sutton to bag the vital goal, followed by a 100/1 shot romping to glory, despite disgruntled Scousers attacking his horse box with bottles and smoke bombs.... easy the Mirren / horse.

Edited by pozbaird