Atmosphere in the Stadium

15 hours ago, bungle_1981 said:

Incidentally, I hope to fu©k  on Saturday that no dross music is played over the PA system when the team raise the trophy and do their lap of honour. The music after the Livi game was horrendous, killing any opportunity for the crowd to actually create an atmosphere by belting out the songbook.

Agree wholeheartedly.  Couldn't hear anything from the crowd because of the ridiculous level of the music coming from the PA system. It was the same pre-match on Saturday.  This seems to have become a feature of modern football stadiums.  The crowd should create the atmosphere.  Stuff coming over the PA will not.

W7 are doing a great job in getting the atmosphere going, although sitting in W3 we can hear W7 but not always very clearly, sometimes W4/W3 are singing different songs to W7 and we can also hear songs started in W1/W2. Personally the more singing and atmosphere created the better!

Totally agree about the music drowning out the fans though!

22 hours ago, bungle_1981 said:

Incidentally, I hope to fu©k  on Saturday that no dross music is played over the PA system when the team raise the trophy and do their lap of honour. The music after the Livi game was horrendous, killing any opportunity for the crowd to actually create an atmosphere by belting out the songbook.

NAIL ON THE f**kING HEAD.

Absolutely awful music, blasted at a ridiculous volume.

I wish the club would leave the fans alone to create their own atmosphere, stop making life difficult for the guys in W7, stop with the petty demands and rules, and stop drowning out any atmosphere that gets going in the rest of the stadium with crap over the tannoy.

Edited by Kemp

10 minutes ago, Kemp said:

NAIL ON THE f**kING HEAD.

Absolutely awful music, blasted at a ridiculous volume.

I wish the club would leave the fans alone to create their own atmosphere, stop making life difficult for the guys in W7, stop with the petty demands and rules, and stop drowning out any atmosphere that gets going in the rest of the stadium with crap over the tannoy.

I thought the music might have improved after Phil left but it actually seems to have got worse. Maybe it's an age thing .

Have to agree with other posters here, the end of last weeks league winning game against Livingston was spoiled by the PA system belting out loud music when all we wanted to do was hear the west stand singing and enjoy the moment. Hopefully the club won’t make a similar mistake this Saturday. Let us the fans create our own atmosphere and give the W6 & 7 boys a chance to belt out some of our own songs.

At the Title Celebration match at Love Street against Montrose in 1977 .........

This was played over the Tannoy and it was fecking brilliant.

Edited by shull

2 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Have to agree with other posters here, the end of last weeks league winning game against Livingston was spoiled by the PA system belting out loud music when all we wanted to do was hear the west stand singing and enjoy the moment. Hopefully the club won’t make a similar mistake this Saturday. Let us the fans create our own atmosphere and give the W6 & 7 boys a chance to belt out some of our own songs.

Here's the breaking news ........

NOBODY IN THE STADIUM CAN FECKING HEAR W6 & W7.

The songs over the Tannoy were perfect last week.

SUPERSAINTSSINGALONG  :clapping

Was calm and quiet during the Livy  game last week.

The Final whistle went and this came on shortly after from the Tannoy.

Emotions could not be controlled , also mega grit in my eyes.

Well, obviously has we have fans of all ages and um.....mental capacities....we won't agree on music taste every time.  The very simple solution is to not play the music at a volume that makes your brain bleed out of your ears.

29 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Well, obviously has we have fans of all ages and um.....mental capacities....we won't agree on music taste every time.  The very simple solution is to not play the music at a volume that makes your brain bleed out of your ears.

Oh dear.

Why you angry all the time ?

Yeah club banned megaphone, not entirely sure why. We've used it almost all season so that we can self police the section/start songs etc. They gave us the reason that people can't hear the tannoy (?)
On a personal level, I hate when drama erupts on social media, but there's been so many weird decisions this season that we're getting a bit sick of it. Fair enough the Morton banner was a bit close to the edge, but our behaviour has been almost perfect all season. The megaphone actually helps us to keep control. To give an example, a wee guy (no older than 12/13) was throwing gummy sweets towards the park at one of the games, having the megaphone allows us to shout "quit it", or words to that effect. Not having that is increasing the risk of someone doing something daft (especially against that lot when everyones been drinking before the game)
Constantly being made to jump through hoops gets a bit draining

Mate don’t give up. You guys have been great home and away. It makes a difference what you guys do.

14 hours ago, shull said:

Was calm and quiet during the Livy  game last week.

The Final whistle went and this came on shortly after from the Tannoy.

Emotions could not be controlled , also mega grit in my eyes.

I am for this song to be played after and We Will RockYou before. 

just an old rock and roller at heart. 

• 3 years later...