B&W Army Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year Voting

div

1 hour ago, Dave The Buddie said:

What would it look like if Morgan scoops the PFA Championship awards and he wasn’t to win a fans forum POTY?

I will say it again some people’s view has been tainted due to him signing for Celtic. If he signed a new three year it wouldn’t be in question.

There has been a number of players who have been fantastic this season but Morgan has been a class above you only need to look at the goals and assists. Due to that form and talent the best club in country have signed him. If the other players had been that good Celtic would be signing them or bigger clubs would be making bids.

Oh I remember David Barron won a host of fan based POTY awards. Now that was embarrassing.

Agree with most of this, albeit I thought that David Barron was a worthy winner that year!

The thing I like about the fan voted awards is that it isn't necessarily need to be the "best" player who wins them. It's sometimes a player that the fans just relate to, a player who maybe never goes missing, never hides, is always there. Barron fitted that bill in the season he won the award, as did Vanzy when he won it. Neither were technically the best player in their respective teams, far from it, but they got the fans award anyway. I quite like that to be honest!
Morgan undoubtedly been an enormous part of what we have achieved this season, but there is also an argument that his form dipped for maybe 2 months at the start of the year and he wasn't quite as effective during that spell. He's back on it now and playing really well again (IMO) and that is not a criticism of him btw, I think his form dipped partly because he's still a young player and partly because teams were doubling up on him or booting him all over the park.
I voted Cammy Smith as my player of the year because I don't think his form dipped at all through the season. Morgy got my young player vote.
All about opinions!

I understand it’s all about opinions but I believe the POTY award should go to the best player in that season and I feel that it would be harsh if Morgan doesn’t win it as he has been class above throughout the season.

You said that not always the best player wins it but someone the fans can relate to well I think the move to Celtic has hampered his chances of scooping the prize where as if he were not leaving this would be an easy decision for exactly that reason.

I have made my case for Lewis I just hope he wins it as IMO he has deserved hands down it’s been a joy to watch him play for us.

As for Barron he won it because he played that season at left back even though he was predominantly a right back and gave 100%. There were players who had better performances that season.

Just my opinion

1 minute ago, div said:

600 votes cast inside the first 24 hours. Brilliant response. Keep them coming!!

And the St Mirren dudes over on Pie and Bovril giving our thriving Forum absolute pelters for the past few days. 

Why don't they come on here, start Threads, make posts and entertain the troops. 

49 minutes ago, shull said:

And the St Mirren dudes over on Pie and Bovril giving our thriving Forum absolute pelters for the past few days. 

Why don't they come on here, start Threads, make posts and entertain the troops. 

You want to hear my theory?

10 minutes ago, munoz said:

You want to hear my theory?

I read all their reasons. They made me laugh. 

What I am saying is why don't they come on here if they are so good, clever and entertaining. Support Div who, believe it or not is a Buddie like them. 

They can contribute here and of course ignore  anybody who annoys them. 

Simple. 

All they do presently is hide on P&B and sling abuse. 

Edited by shull

12 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

You guys are just trying to be interesting. If it were not for Morgan we would not be where we are. He scored many goals this season out of nothing and won us three points repeatedly. For gawd sake give Morgan the recognition he deserves. No contest!

Shouldn't the defenders and keeper take some credit for that also.

Edited by pod

5 hours ago, Anybuddie said:

Morgan and Cammy Smith

was tempted to go for Liam Smith for ypoty as felt he had a really good steady season but Cammy has been excellent 

I've done this too. Morgan has been excellent (as have so many) but wanted to spread the vote instead of a Morgan double. So Cammy gets my YPOTY.

With the David Barron references elsewhere. I liked him, always gave his best and I thought he was decent. It's a shame to see how his career ended up, injuries ruined him.

As someone else has said, voting other than Morgan is just trying to be alternative!

He was doubled up on most of the time so even when he didn’t appear to be at his best, he was still creating space for others and winning free kicks!

This isn’t about opinions. Morgan is both the poty and the ypoty.

For anyone who doesn’t vote Morgan / Morgan it’s totally about folk trying to be alternative!

Everyone knows Morgan was the difference!

As someone else has said, voting other than Morgan is just trying to be alternative!

He was doubled up on most of the time so even when he didn’t appear to be at his best, he was still creating space for others and winning free kicks!

This isn’t about opinions. Morgan is both the poty and the ypoty.

For anyone who doesn’t vote Morgan / Morgan it’s totally about folk trying to be alternative!

Everyone knows Morgan was the difference!

We shall follow the shoe oh lord!

What? Dorman isn't on the list?

Oh... Then how shall we fcuk off oh lord?
[emoji14]

I've done this too. Morgan has been excellent (as have so many) but wanted to spread the vote instead of a Morgan double. So Cammy gets my YPOTY.
With the David Barron references elsewhere. I liked him, always gave his best and I thought he was decent. It's a shame to see how his career ended up, injuries ruined him.

Cammy got my vote too. Most consistent player all season.

Morgan is what we all like, a fast player willing to run at defence, scores goals. A joy to watch. Yes he should getting awards  

But  every time Cammy has been injured or dropped I panicked about our form.  He is the workhorse of the forward set up.  He just seems to the one who makes the Riley, Morgan, Maggines gel. He links back to the grafters in the middle of the park.  When he’s not there, they become disjointed.

So both Morgan and him shared my votes.  

Morgan was an obvious for the Players Player of the Year but isn’t it great that Cammy recognised as well.

i suspect Morgan will get the nod, just because of the type of player he is.  Cammy can rightly be proud of a great season even if he looses out.

Edited by bonzoboys

• div unpinned this topic