Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
div

B&W Army Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year Voting

Recommended Posts


Cammy or El Capitano for POTY and Morgan for YPOTY.  Magennis and Davis were excellent but only played for half the season so for me that rules them out of contention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Magennis and Davis were excellent but only played for half the season so for me that rules them out of contention.

Magennis has played in 26 of our 34 league matches played to date.  That's more than 75%!

Edited by zico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted Smith for POTY but found it hard not to vote for McGinn.

YPOTY I voted for, (he says sitting back expecting a flood of criticism), Jack Baird.

Jack kept us in a league winning position until both Mackenzie and Davis were match fit.

I hope his contribution to a very special season is not overlooked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I voted Smith for POTY but found it hard not to vote for McGinn.

YPOTY I voted for, (he says sitting back expecting a flood of criticism), Jack Baird.

Jack kept us in a league winning position until both Mackenzie and Davis were match fit.

I hope his contribution to a very special season is not overlooked.

I  went for McGinn and Cammy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You guys are just trying to be interesting. If it were not for Morgan we would not be where we are. He scored many goals this season out of nothing and won us three points repeatedly. For gawd sake give Morgan the recognition he deserves. No contest!
All about opinion wee boaby.

You could argue that without Smith terrorising defences and pulling them apart, Lewis would not have had the space nor the free kicks from which to impress.

No doubt Lewis is a worthy candidate; his fellow players thought so.

Others have equally valid claims though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

You guys are just trying to be interesting. If it were not for Morgan we would not be where we are. He scored many goals this season out of nothing and won us three points repeatedly. For gawd sake give Morgan the recognition he deserves. No contest!

Indeed. Anyone who doesn't vote Morgan / Morgan is kidding themselves.

Yeah, others have played their part, blah, blah, blah, but the POTY is Morgan.

As you say, no contest!

Edited by zico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, munoz said:

I found it difficult to decide on 2 individuals. For me our success has been down to a squad effort, and every player has played their part the season.

Nearly every player has played their part. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been tempted to go for a defender as Player of the Year as they have all been outstanding.

So brilliant they have been , we could have played without a Goalkeeper most of the Season.

I think I'll stick with Morgan though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would it look like if Morgan scoops the PFA Championship awards and he wasn’t to win a fans forum POTY?

I will say it again some people’s view has been tainted due to him signing for Celtic. If he signed a new three year it wouldn’t be in question.

There has been a number of players who have been fantastic this season but Morgan has been a class above you only need to look at the goals and assists. Due to that form and talent the best club in country have signed him. If the other players had been that good Celtic would be signing them or bigger clubs would be making bids.

Oh I remember David Barron won a host of fan based POTY awards. Now that was embarrassing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

What would it look like if Morgan scoops the PFA Championship awards and he wasn’t to win a fans forum POTY?

I will say it again some people’s view has been tainted due to him signing for Celtic. If he signed a new three year it wouldn’t be in question.

There has been a number of players who have been fantastic this season but Morgan has been a class above you only need to look at the goals and assists. Due to that form and talent the best club in country have signed him. If the other players had been that good Celtic would be signing them or bigger clubs would be making bids.

Oh I remember David Barron won a host of fan based POTY awards. Now that was embarrassing.

Sorry mate, but this is utterly bizarre.

Who has a tainted view of Morgan on the basis that he has signed for Celtic to the extent that they wouldn't vote for him? What are you basing this claim on?

As for the "if other players...." comment, well, Aunties with bollocks springs to mind, there.

As for your David Barron reference.... :wacko:

Edited by Drew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×