Tunnel

Just now, DougJamie said:

Stop talking to my wife !!!!!!!

She was the one who called me. I think she needed some rational chat.

Seemingly her husband is a slightly disturbed individual who keeps shouting out "shull" in his sleep.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

It would be great to have the same sort of murals around the stadium for the fans to enjoy - replacing the JD Sports murals for example. But unfortunately there is no source of income to do so.

The existing HoF panels are multi-purpose. 1. Provides a physical and visual representation of our HoF inductees. 2. Brightened up the grey breezeblock. 3. Provided advertising space in the bottom half of the board, originally taken up by JD Sports and a club crest. This space could easily be rented out to companies, and a self-adhesive graphic placed on top of the current JD logo. These boards are in every home stand, seen by every home supporter. I realise this is a bugbear of mine, but I find it astonishing that they have never been updated, nor has the space at the bottom been utilised as advertising space for local businesses. Christ, even if you got £50 for a full season x however many boards there are would bring in money for hardly any effort. The Paisley 2021 bid logos should have been all over those panels for starters, replacing the JD logo. Local bars, garages,  cafes. Approach existing trackside sponsors and do them a deal to get an advert on the HoF boards too. No brainer, but no, they’re still sitting there with JD logos.

As an aside, the artwork required to have updated them I would have done free of charge. On at least four separate ocassions, I provided the artwork to ‘the club’ when requested. The old BoD, the new BoD, the Fan Council, and another individual with connections to the retail side, all asked for, and received, artwork files. 

Hee-fcuking-haw happened. 

As another aside.... the tunnel graphics look great. Why not re-do the HoF panels in this style and get them updated and erected, replacing the existing ones? Do them black with the Paisley pattern and the ‘our town our team’ strapline. Would look great.... just needs someone to poke the club with a ten foot bargepole?

Edited by pozbaird

The existing HoF panels are multi-purpose. 1. Provides a physical and visual representation of our HoF inductees. 2. Brightened up the grey breezeblock. 3. Provided advertising space in the bottom half of the board, originally taken up by JD Sports and a club crest. This space could easily be rented out to companies, and a self-adhesive graphic placed on top of the current JD logo. These boards are in every home stand, seen by every home supporter. I realise this is a bugbear of mine, but I find it astonishing that they have never been updated, nor has the space at the bottom been utilised as advertising space for local businesses. Christ, even if you got £50 for a full season x however many boards there are would bring in money for hardly any effort. The Paisley 2021 bid logos should have been all over those panels for starters, replacing the JD logo. Local bars, garages,  cafes. Approach existing trackside sponsors and do them a deal to get an advert on the HoF boards too. No brainer, but no, they’re still sitting there with JD logos.
As an aside, the artwork required to have updated them I would have done free of charge. On at least four separate ocassions, I provided the artwork to ‘the club’ when requested. The old BoD, the new BoD, the Fan Council, and another individual with connections to the retail side, all asked for, and received, artwork files. 
Hee-fcuking-haw happened. 
As another aside.... the tunnel graphics look great. Why not re-do the HoF panels in this style and get them updated and erected, replacing the existing ones? Do them black with the Paisley pattern and the ‘our town our team’ strapline. Would look great.... just needs someone to poke the club with a ten foot bargepole?

Totally agree Poz. I hoped SMiSA money could have be used but it appears there is no interest from the fans for this sort of thing which leaves us in a minority of 2.

10 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Totally agree Poz. I hoped SMiSA money could have be used but it appears there is no interest from the fans for this sort of thing which leaves us in a minority of 2.

I think there’s a lot of interest from fans in anything that betters the stadium we frequent every second week. Filling in corners, erecting TVs showing Sky Sports in concourses, brightening up the breezeblock, cleaning the seats, a bigger scoreboard, ‘Hibs style’ adverts in the corners, upgraded disabled facilities.... and more. All these have been discussed in general terms.

Fans are interested in the spaces we sit in and visit, and, IMHO, would like to see more ‘character’ around the joint. Whether SMiSA funds is the way to achieve any of it is for others to decide. I certainly don’t think SMiSA funds were required to update the HoF boards. We are going back to the days when SG and Co were still running the place, and the boards first required updating. We really are talking about four-plus years now? Selling advertising space and kicking JD off them would have paid for the required new boards, not SMiSA members funds.

Edited by pozbaird

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

At the risk of being whooshed, did updating the hall of fame panels not appear on one of the SMiSA £2 votes or am I imagining that?

I think it did appear and was defeated by a rival proposal - a proposal to pay me lots of £2s to stop posting about panels. :D